Remove All Ads from XDA

Bounty for Xposed on Pie

62 posts
Thanks Meter: 45
 
By chrisf8657, Member on 12th December 2018, 08:50 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
I'm putting up a $1000 bounty right now for Xposed on Pie (have a Pixel 3) in the next 2 months.
If someone knows where I can deposit that in escrow, let me know. Otherwise it's here and sitting to be grabbed.

Don't know if it will help but it's a carrot on a stick to start
The Following 28 Users Say Thank You to chrisf8657 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift chrisf8657 Ad-Free
 
 
15th December 2018, 07:41 PM |#2  
Member
Thanks Meter: 8
 
More
Awesome, I'm adding another 25 dollars
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to maxsteelvishak For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift maxsteelvishak Ad-Free
16th December 2018, 04:56 PM |#3  
Member
Thanks Meter: 36
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisf8657

I'm putting up a $1000 bounty right now for Xposed on Pie (have a Pixel 3) in the next 2 months.
If someone knows where I can deposit that in escrow, let me know. Otherwise it's here and sitting to be grabbed.

Don't know if it will help but it's a carrot on a stick to start

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxsteelvishak

Awesome, I'm adding another 25 dollars

I'm broke so I can't donate all that much but for those that can, here's the official Xposed donation link. Hopefully it's okay with @rovo89 for me to post this.
16th December 2018, 06:54 PM |#4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 66
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisf8657

I'm putting up a $1000 bounty right now for Xposed on Pie (have a Pixel 3) in the next 2 months.
If someone knows where I can deposit that in escrow, let me know. Otherwise it's here and sitting to be grabbed.

Don't know if it will help but it's a carrot on a stick to start

Go here

https://www.bountysource.com/
17th December 2018, 11:02 AM |#5  
buddy66's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 98
 
More
You know that the code for Xposed for Oreo has not been published right? Bounty is not going to change anything because no one will write Xposed for Pie from scratch. Nobody except rovo89 can do something about it unless he publishes the source code. It would be better to contact him, check if he is still on it and then donate to him directly.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to buddy66 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift buddy66 Ad-Free
17th December 2018, 05:58 PM |#6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 66
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddy66

You know that the code for Xposed for Oreo has not been published right? Bounty is not going to change anything because no one will write Xposed for Pie from scratch. Nobody except rovo89 can do something about it unless he publishes the source code. It would be better to contact him, check if he is still on it and then donate to him directly.

He does not have the time. He that that money is not the issue. Better would be if he releases the code.
The Following User Says Thank You to HyperCriSiS For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift HyperCriSiS Ad-Free
17th December 2018, 09:47 PM |#7  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 619
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperCriSiS

He does not have the time. He that that money is not the issue. Better would be if he releases the code.

He won't release the code, because the last time he did (for M), romracer and others built a half-assed version for N (which HELPED port all modules to N before the official release). He wants total control and this is not only meaning that Xposed is dead unless he returns full motivated, it also means that the latest releases sources are not available and who knows if rovo sold the mod to some malware deliver company (I believe and hope not, but this is just an scenario), which could use xposed as a malware rootkit (it has potential).

I mean, in the end, rovo has no time/motivation for this project and doesn't want to share it, so we're better off asuming it is dead forever.
The Following User Says Thank You to RusherDude For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift RusherDude Ad-Free
18th December 2018, 06:29 AM |#8  
Pupet_Master's Avatar
Senior Member
Daedalus:GlobalNode:HUB
Thanks Meter: 420
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by RusherDude

He won't release the code, because the last time he did (for M), romracer and others built a half-assed version for N (which HELPED port all modules to N before the official release). He wants total control and this is not only meaning that Xposed is dead unless he returns full motivated, it also means that the latest releases sources are not available and who knows if rovo sold the mod to some malware deliver company (I believe and hope not, but this is just an scenario), which could use xposed as a malware rootkit (it has potential).

I mean, in the end, rovo has no time/motivation for this project and doesn't want to share it, so we're better off asuming it is dead forever.

All i know is that most moved on already. The only module i miss on my main phone is Kmod
The Following User Says Thank You to Pupet_Master For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Pupet_Master Ad-Free
18th December 2018, 02:45 PM |#9  
littlejonny17's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Porto
Thanks Meter: 28
 
More
@Pupet_Master is right imo! Only the "hardest" of the harcore users of android still want xposed.
People learned to live without it and the reality is that devs are losing interest in mantaining support for the "nevercoming" updates.
Dont get me wrong, I think that xposed gave kitkat, lollipop and marshmallow a much richer experience and performance, but after nougat, android itself started to implement thoose missing features so xposed started to be pointless, at least for me.
The Following User Says Thank You to littlejonny17 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift littlejonny17 Ad-Free
18th December 2018, 04:25 PM |#10  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 66
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by littlejonny17

@Pupet_Master is right imo! Only the "hardest" of the harcore users of android still want xposed.
People learned to live without it and the reality is that devs are losing interest in mantaining support for the "nevercoming" updates.
Dont get me wrong, I think that xposed gave kitkat, lollipop and marshmallow a much richer experience and performance, but after nougat, android itself started to implement thoose missing features so xposed started to be pointless, at least for me.

It is not about features. I could do without every module except xprivacylua. I won't ever use Android without it. We clould try to gather a huge bounty to get somebody create something from scratch.
I would also donate at least 150$.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to HyperCriSiS For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift HyperCriSiS Ad-Free
18th December 2018, 04:54 PM |#11  
littlejonny17's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Porto
Thanks Meter: 28
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperCriSiS

It is not about features. I could do without every module except xprivacylua. I won't ever use Android without it. We clould try to gather a huge bounty to get somebody create something from scratch.
I would also donate at least 150$.

I guess you do not have confidence in the apps that you have installed on your phone but yeah, maybe that's the most valid excuse for using xposed.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes