By chrisf8657, Member on 12th December 2018, 08:50 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
18th December 2018, 04:54 PM |#11  
Flag Porto
Thanks Meter: 28

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperCriSiS

It is not about features. I could do without every module except xprivacylua. I won't ever use Android without it. We clould try to gather a huge bounty to get somebody create something from scratch.
I would also donate at least 150$.

I guess you do not have confidence in the apps that you have installed on your phone but yeah, maybe that's the most valid excuse for using xposed.

18th December 2018, 06:40 PM |#12  
Thanks Meter: 66

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by littlejonny17

I guess you do not have confidence in the apps that you have installed on your phone but yeah, maybe that's the most valid excuse for using xposed.

It is also a principle thing. These days you shouldn't trust anyone that has the possibility to collect data.
The Following User Says Thank You to HyperCriSiS For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift HyperCriSiS Ad-Free
18th December 2018, 07:52 PM |#13  
Daedalus:GlobalNode:HUB
Thanks Meter: 420

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperCriSiS

It is not about features. I could do without every module except xprivacylua. I won't ever use Android without it. We clould try to gather a huge bounty to get somebody create something from scratch.
I would also donate at least 150$.

Sorry but i don't get the logic of that.
First, bounty will mean nothing if the modules devs already moved on. 2nd let's face it, bounty also means nothing of no one is in touch with the only person that can make it happen, Rovo.

Also, custom ROMs do almost everything that Xposed used to do now days. Not to mention that Xposed isn't perfect. It allow modules to expand the framework of android, how ever, it bog down the performance.

There is an app called Wakeblock that do everything that an Xposed module would do but is stand alone. I see the old devs from Xposed modules moving on to this sort of thing.

I still, to be honest, don't get the logic of need Xposed and never use android without it if you literary miss no module from it except one that any LOS ROM based already do by default.
21st December 2018, 06:49 AM |#14  
Thanks Meter: 180

More
Any news on Xposed Pie, I'm missing great modules like exi, edge etc. I think I should downgrade to oreo

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk
21st December 2018, 11:43 AM |#15  
OP Member
Glendale, AZ
Thanks Meter: 45

More
I'm not going to donate that money as one poster posted, it's a bounty. Gets paid when someone does the job and claims it , but according to much more knowledgeable posters no source is available.

The only thing I miss is the gravity box tweaks. I'm rooted so any alternatives?

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to chrisf8657 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift chrisf8657 Ad-Free
22nd December 2018, 09:30 AM |#16  
Flag Spirit River
Thanks Meter: 268

More
I have many xposed modules that I can hardly live without. Instant face unlock is the one I used the most.
25th December 2018, 09:42 PM |#17  
Flag Moscow
Thanks Meter: 7

More
There is one thing that is impossible with Magisk, to the best of my knowledge, that is critical for me: Setting device locale (language) on a per-app basis. No, changing it before launching and then switching back on close is not an option. No, setting multiple locales does nothing useful, pretty much no apps use this feature, and especially the ones I need it for do not.

And no, custom roms can't do that either, and Google has been ignoring numerous requests to do that for a decade, because they discriminate against multilingual people, since multilingual people are not a nationality, which apparently makes it okay.
The Following User Says Thank You to Mihara For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Mihara Ad-Free
27th January 2019, 02:55 PM |#18  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Ed Xposed can be used on Pie.Although some modules have compatibility issues. Link: https://github.com/solohsu/EdXposed
8th May 2019, 09:10 AM |#19  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
magisk does not have xposed module ?
8th May 2019, 11:35 AM |#20  
Flag Angat
Thanks Meter: 430

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisf8657

I'm not going to donate that money as one poster posted, it's a bounty. Gets paid when someone does the job and claims it , but according to much more knowledgeable posters no source is available.

The only thing I miss is the gravity box tweaks. I'm rooted so any alternatives?

Have you?

Sent from my Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 using XDA Labs
The Following User Says Thank You to VincentJoshuaET For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift VincentJoshuaET Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)