Remove All Ads from XDA
H10 Turbo

Work Container Detection

1 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By magicdid, Junior Member on 29th June 2018, 02:47 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
I have been trying to do dynamic analysis of an app that has to run in work profile (container).

When I activate the phone with the UEM, the phone is instructed to create a work profile but fails because the phone has been rooted in order to install the Xposed framework:

Cannot create work profile
The security policy prevents the creation of a work profile because a custom OS has been installed on this device

The device is a Samsung S7 with the warranty void flag set to 1.

Is there a way to create a work container on a rooted phone (could be Samsung or any other model)?

5th July 2018, 05:23 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Dynamic analysis of Android for Work apps
Has anyone had any success using dynamic analysis tools like Inspeckage with Xposed on rooted devices to assess apps that must run within the Android for Work container?

Is this something that "Test DPC" can help with? The Test DPC app failed to run in a physical rooted device because it could not create the work profile ater it detected a custom OS. However it seemed to get further on a virtual rooted device if I disabled encryption. Unfortunately I am having other issues with Genymotion virtual devices that is hampering my ability to proceed.
5th July 2018, 06:28 PM |#3  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Upstate New York
Thanks Meter: 3,748

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by elmo8klay

Has anyone had any success using dynamic analysis tools like Inspeckage with Xposed on rooted devices to assess apps that must run within the Android for Work container?....

This topic has been discussed on the following thread and you may be able to obtain some member guidance within it as well.

https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho....php?t=3681139

Good Luck!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I DO NOT provide support via PM unless asked/requested by myself. PLEASE keep it in the threads where everyone can share.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)