EdXposed is a Riru module, trying to provide an ART hooking framework which delivers consistent APIs with the original Xposed, open-source, stable, low invasiveness and fast.
Support Android Oreo, Pie, Q and R, that means you can use Xposed framework in latest Android!
Xposed is a framework for modules that can change the behavior of the system and apps without touching any APKs. That's great because it means that modules can work for different versions and even ROMs without any changes (as long as the original code was not changed too much). It's also easy to undo. As all changes are done in the memory, you just need to deactivate the module and reboot to get your original system back. There are many other advantages, but here is just one more: Multiple modules can do changes to the same part of the system or app. With modified APKs, you to decide for one. No way to combine them, unless the author builds multiple APKs with different combinations.
- Low invasiveness. Based on Riru, so EdXposed no longer need to replace app_process, it is more difficult to detect.(due to some bugs of Magisk, it can still be detected by a few applications)
- Fully open-source and free. We are very concerned about your device security and user privacy, so we are fully open source with GPLv3 license.
- Easy recovered. Based on Magisk, just disable EdXposed in Magisk Manager, you can recover from brick.
- Fast. EdXposed use SandHook and YAHFA as the hook core to provide a faster experience than other cores.
- Fully compatible. The API that is exactly the same as the original Xposed is provided. In general, there is no need to make special adaption to EdXposed.
- Stable. EdXposed has updated many versions, and gradually stabilized.
- Non-virtual. Edxposed is the REAL xposed framework, not the virtual framework.
- Android R (11)[sdk30]
- Android Q (10)[sdk29]
- Android Pie (9)[sdk28]
- Android Oreo (8.x)[sdk26/27]
Edxposed has three different builds
- Stable：Stable version after passing the test, suitable for general users, update slowly. Download Stable version in Magisk Manager's [Downloads] tab
- Alpha: Test version with multiple commits. Download Alpha version in [Github Releases]
- Canary: Debug version. Automatically build by CI. Download Canary version in [EdXposed Manager]
You'd better understand what you are doing and have the ability to recover from brick. Otherwise, please do not use any variant Xposed.
I'm not responsible for anything you do with your phone/tablet/tv/watch/auto/induction cooker.
- Install Magisk v19+ (for Huawei/Honor or OnePlus 7T/7TPro device, need Magisk v20.2+)
- Install Riru-Core v19+ from Magisk repo.
- Install EdXposed from Magisk repo.
- Install EdXposed Manager.
- Have fun!
- If you have any problems, please try to use the latest version of Canary channel, which may fix your problems.
- If the problem is not solved, try to ask in the community
- If the problem persists, please report the problem in GitHub Issues.
Developers are welcomed to write Xposed modules with hooks based on EdXposed Framework. Module written based on EdXposed framework is fully compatible with the original Xposed Framework, so contrary a Xposed Framework-based module will work well with the EdXposed framework too.
We use the module repository of the original Xposed, so you simply upload the module to repository, then you can download your module in EdXposed.
You can find the build tutorial here
- https://github.com/ElderDrivers/EdXposed (the C++ and Java part)
- https://github.com/ElderDrivers/EdXposedManager (Companion app)
- https://github.com/solohsu/XposedInstaller (deprecated Companion app)
- https://github.com/solohsu/EdXpManager (deprecated Companion app)
- @MlgmXyysd and @solohsu, the main creators
- All the translators: https://github.com/ElderDrivers/EdXposedManager (if you want to contribute more translations, Please submit Pull Requests to us)
- @rovo89, created the original Xposed
- @topjohnwu, created the Magisk, makes all these possible.
- XposedBridge, the original Xposed framework APIs
- Riru, provides a way to inject codes into zygote process
- YAHFA, the core ART hooking framework
- dexmaker and dalvikdx, to dynamiclly generate YAHFA hooker classes
- Whale, used for inline hooking
- SandHook, ART hooking framework for SandHook variant
EdXposed, Tool/Utility for the Xposed Framework
Source Code: https://github.com/ElderDrivers/EdXposed
Current Stable Version: 0.4.6.1
Stable Release Date: 2020-03-01
Current Beta Version: 0.5.0.0 (DevTestOnly)
Beta Release Date: 2020-07-18
Last Updated 2020-07-19