FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

VirtualXposed Analysis/Module Development Thread

123 posts
Thanks Meter: 235
 
Post Reply Email Thread
1st December 2018, 02:35 AM |#21  
CarteNoir's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 33
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by weishu

EXposed/TaiChi is created by me, and i won't make it open-source.

VirtualXposed is open-source, but there are still so many people think it is dangerous. Open-source can not give me any revenue.

What revenue do you make with it closed source? Also, will it ever support XInsta?
 
 
1st December 2018, 02:46 AM |#22  
weishu's Avatar
Member
Flag Beijing
Thanks Meter: 500
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarteNoir

What revenue do you make with it closed source? Also, will it ever support XInsta?

For commercial/internal usage, it is a better choice than VirtualXposed. (Many organizations use the free and open-source VirtualXposed, and i maintain it for free but get few donations.

EXposed/TaiChi is free for ordinary users.
The Following User Says Thank You to weishu For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift weishu Ad-Free
1st December 2018, 06:45 AM |#23  
CarteNoir's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 33
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by weishu

For commercial/internal usage, it is a better choice than VirtualXposed. (Many organizations use the free and open-source VirtualXposed, and i maintain it for free but get few donations.

EXposed/TaiChi is free for ordinary users.

I guess that's pretty fair, you deserve more income for a project like this, it's pretty amazing. Thanks for your hard work. Would you be open to explaining how TaiChi works differently from VX?
1st December 2018, 10:25 AM |#24  
weishu's Avatar
Member
Flag Beijing
Thanks Meter: 500
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarteNoir

I guess that's pretty fair, you deserve more income for a project like this, it's pretty amazing. Thanks for your hard work. Would you be open to explaining how TaiChi works differently from VX?

VirtualXposed = VirtualApp + epic , it make the target app(such as YouTube) run in VirtualApp(and VirtualApp runs in system) , then make hooks in VirtualApp and loads the Xposed modules.
EXposed/TaiChi = Modified apk + epic, it modified the target apk and install it in system directly.

The stability of VirtualXposed depends on VirtualApp and epic, while EXposed/TaiChi only depends on epic. EXposed modify the apk, which may cause signature error. But we have Xposed to bypass the detect.

In a word, EXposed/TaiChi is much more stable than VirtualXposed, and the performance and the fluency of App is better than VirtualXposed. Some app like VPN/InputMethod can not take effect in VirtualXposed but EXposed/Taichi can. While VirtualXposed can run multi-app like Parallel Space, but EXposed/TaiChi can not.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to weishu For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift weishu Ad-Free
1st December 2018, 12:44 PM |#25  
CarteNoir's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 33
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by weishu

VirtualXposed = VirtualApp + epic , it make the target app(such as YouTube) run in VirtualApp(and VirtualApp runs in system) , then make hooks in VirtualApp and loads the Xposed modules.
EXposed/TaiChi = Modified apk + epic, it modified the target apk and install it in system directly.

The stability of VirtualXposed depends on VirtualApp and epic, while EXposed/TaiChi only depends on epic. EXposed modify the apk, which may cause signature error. But we have Xposed to bypass the detect.

In a word, EXposed/TaiChi is much more stable than VirtualXposed, and the performance and the fluency of App is better than VirtualXposed. Some app like VPN/InputMethod can not take effect in VirtualXposed but EXposed/Taichi can. While VirtualXposed can run multi-app like Parallel Space, but EXposed/TaiChi can not.

Thanks for the explanation, that's some incredible work! Will EXposed/TaiChi ever support users trying whatever modules they like (like VirtualXposed lets you try all modules, even if some don't work)? Or will it always be limited to the ones in the app currently?
25th December 2018, 10:43 PM |#26  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 54
 
More
@akhilkedia94 maybe you can cooperate with some custom roms creators for build new with your app into system? On Android Pie will be the best for moment when official framework exist.

Wysłane z mojego Redmi 4X przy użyciu Tapatalka
28th December 2018, 08:05 PM |#27  
Devilish_Angel's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 134
 
More
So at the end of the day, what should a normal user install? VirtualXposed, TaiChi or EXposed? Can you please explain their differences a bit to make it easier for people who don't know much about this?
29th December 2018, 12:58 AM |#28  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 56
 
More
Sorry @weishu but I can't find xinsta and grindrmod under download module (both are suported).
And most of module don't download, only fast open a chrome page.
What's wrong? I'm follow the guide
29th December 2018, 03:10 PM |#29  
Devilish_Angel's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 134
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by grotesque02

Sorry @weishu but I can't find xinsta and grindrmod under download module (both are suported).
And most of module don't download, only fast open a chrome page.
What's wrong? I'm follow the guide

You can download it from the repo separately and install it and then TaiChi will detect it...
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Devilish_Angel For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Devilish_Angel Ad-Free
29th December 2018, 04:47 PM |#30  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 56
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devilish_Angel

You can download it from the repo separately and install it and then TaiChi will detect it...

And work all ok?

2 modules that app say is supported don't work for me ☹️
1st January 2019, 05:37 PM |#31  
Devilish_Angel's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 134
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by grotesque02

And work all ok?

2 modules that app say is supported don't work for me

It would be better if you mention your setup like phone model, OS, IG version and of course, modules you are taking about? Then only you can expect someone to be able to help you...
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
no-root, virtualxposed, xposed

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes