FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

xposed for Android P

149 posts
Thanks Meter: 18
 
By Zooandbio4me, Senior Member on 29th August 2018, 04:05 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
14th October 2018, 03:46 AM |#11  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 7
 
More
Xposed Pie
The reason many people want to know when Xposed for Pie is available is because lots of other decisions are contingent on this. Pie is out, the Pixel 3 XL and 6T are out. Should I buy these, root, update, etc.? I am still using Oreo on my Pixel 2XL. I would rather wait until Xposed for Pie is ready, and then execute all those actions. UNLESS... Rovo dies and we are all doomed... I wish this wasn't so dependent on one person. This is kind of ridiculous. But once you get addicted to the options...
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to dresty For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift dresty Ad-Free
 
 
18th October 2018, 09:42 AM |#12  
RealFantaCoke's Avatar
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dresty

The reason many people want to know when Xposed for Pie is available is because lots of other decisions are contingent on this. Pie is out, the Pixel 3 XL and 6T are out. Should I buy these, root, update, etc.? I am still using Oreo on my Pixel 2XL. I would rather wait until Xposed for Pie is ready, and then execute all those actions. UNLESS... Rovo dies and we are all doomed... I wish this wasn't so dependent on one person. This is kind of ridiculous. But once you get addicted to the options...

Even if this is for XPosed, i would recommend you Magisk
Magisk is already available and works perfectly. Root is working, everything's fine.
19th October 2018, 10:23 PM |#13  
Member
Thanks Meter: 21
 
More
I'm using xposed edge pro, this is enough reason not to update to pie. Anyone using this mod knows what I mean, nothing in pie or any normal apk comes close to what this mod alone offers.
Infact edge pro has sort of ruined my excitement for your average app because I'm finding that it can do just about everything especially when you dig deep into it.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to mikedavo For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mikedavo Ad-Free
19th October 2018, 11:19 PM |#14  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 127
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dresty

The reason many people want to know when Xposed for Pie is available is because lots of other decisions are contingent on this. Pie is out, the Pixel 3 XL and 6T are out. Should I buy these, root, update, etc.? I am still using Oreo on my Pixel 2XL. I would rather wait until Xposed for Pie is ready, and then execute all those actions. UNLESS... Rovo dies and we are all doomed... I wish this wasn't so dependent on one person. This is kind of ridiculous. But once you get addicted to the options...

Use Magisk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikedavo

I'm using xposed edge pro, this is enough reason not to update to pie. Anyone using this mod knows what I mean, nothing in pie or any normal apk comes close to what this mod alone offers.
Infact edge pro has sort of ruined my excitement for your average app because I'm finding that it can do just about everything especially when you dig deep into it.

Try LMT.
24th October 2018, 07:52 AM |#15  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 7
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by RealFantaCoke

Even if this is for XPosed, i would recommend you Magisk
Magisk is already available and works perfectly. Root is working, everything's fine.

I'm confused. Can i use Magisk for Xposed modules? I already have used Magisk for rooting the device. The issue is you need Xposed framework to install the modules. E.g. Is it possible to install GravityBox with Magisk? Thanks for the clarification.
24th October 2018, 01:31 PM |#16  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 299
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dresty

I'm confused. Can i use Magisk for Xposed modules? I already have used Magisk for rooting the device. The issue is you need Xposed framework to install the modules. E.g. Is it possible to install GravityBox with Magisk? Thanks for the clarification.

I've no idea why people are comparing Magisk and Xposed. Two tools for completely different purposes. No, you cannot get the functionality of GravityBox with Magisk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dresty

The reason many people want to know when Xposed for Pie is available is because lots of other decisions are contingent on this. Pie is out, the Pixel 3 XL and 6T are out. Should I buy these, root, update, etc.? I am still using Oreo on my Pixel 2XL. I would rather wait until Xposed for Pie is ready, and then execute all those actions. UNLESS... Rovo dies and we are all doomed... I wish this wasn't so dependent on one person. This is kind of ridiculous. But once you get addicted to the options...

I agree. I don't get why it's so frowned upon to discuss the development, even though non of us have anything since Rovo has gone radiosilent. If nothing else, it shows that there's a demand, no? I personally was a little while was staying back on Oreo with my OP6 because of my Xposed mods, but seeing as the development seems so dead, it seems easier to just get un-used to the options that Xposed brings.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kocane For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Kocane Ad-Free
28th October 2018, 07:01 AM |#17  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 4
 
More
I mean the Xposed code is on GitHub. Seems like a great opportunity to learn java and Android internals for whomever is motivated enough
31st October 2018, 11:07 AM |#18  
SJD Ayy's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 371
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by _genevera

I mean the Xposed code is on GitHub. Seems like a great opportunity to learn java and Android internals for whomever is motivated enough

Not all of it. Essential bits of codes are still not made public by rovo89.
13th November 2018, 05:49 PM |#19  
Member
Thanks Meter: 8
 
More
I think most of the people out there have started using magisk modules a whole lot these days and so the popularity of xposed is not as much as it used to be.... Still hoping to get xposed as soon a s possible. I'm rocking aosp extended on asus Zenfone max pro m1. Eagerly waiting for xposed.
13th November 2018, 09:23 PM |#20  
RealFantaCoke's Avatar
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
Magisk is better than Xposed!
Quote:
Originally Posted by dresty

I'm confused. Can i use Magisk for Xposed modules? I already have used Magisk for rooting the device. The issue is you need Xposed framework to install the modules. E.g. Is it possible to install GravityBox with Magisk? Thanks for the clarification.

No, sorry. I meant that Magisk is so much better than Xposed so you don't need Xposed anymore.
Really sorry for this mistake.
15th November 2018, 07:32 AM |#21  
Member
Thanks Meter: 8
 
More
There are a lot of modules such as Device Emu pro, Mock GPS, that will never come on Magisk, but are easily available on Xposed
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes