FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Xposed vs Fb Messanger

37 posts
Thanks Meter: 10

By loketa, Member on 7th November 2018, 05:49 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
I'm on android oreo, it's been months i'm using xposed on it when in comes out on Jan but this days I have this problem where while I'm typing on facebook messenger, can you guys help?
The Following User Says Thank You to loketa For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift loketa Ad-Free
13th November 2018, 09:34 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 10

More
Im having the same problem, the moment I open any conversation, messenger closes/crash

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk
13th November 2018, 09:40 PM |#3  
Flag Stockholm
Thanks Meter: 77

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graddy01

Im having the same problem, the moment I open any conversation, messenger closes/crash

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

Same here, I have to use messenger version 189 to not make it crash. 190+ you have to disable Xposed to enter a chat without the app crashing.
17th November 2018, 06:58 PM |#4  
Flag Stockholm

More
Good for you. Do you have the new messenger UI?
18th November 2018, 02:02 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 366

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChanceGPM

Good for you. Do you have the new messenger UI?

Nope, and I could care less about the new ui tbh, it's just an app.
18th November 2018, 02:04 AM |#6  
Flag Stockholm

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by agraceful

Nope, and I could care less about the new ui tbh, it's just an app.

Probably that's why it works for you then. It will stop working for you too probably when you get the new UI. And that seems to be random when users get it
19th November 2018, 04:46 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 366

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChanceGPM

Probably that's why it works for you then. It will stop working for you too probably when you get the new UI. And that seems to be random when users get it

They've already started pulling the new ui because of bugs, but again this has NOTHING to do with Xposed. Unless you're dumb enough to use that module for messenger, then again it's still not Xposed it's the horribly programmed module. I'll end this thread, any of you willing to post a log showing Xposed is crashing messenger, I'll fix it.
19th November 2018, 09:00 AM |#8  
Flag Stockholm

More
I don't use any module. It just crashes for me if I use a newer version than 189. If I disable xposed, messenger works again. It's just not me having this problem: https://www.google.se/amp/s/amp.redd...hes_messenger/
23rd November 2018, 10:11 AM |#9  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Bratislava
Thanks Meter: 24,103

Donate to Me
More
It's true. Newer messenger versions tend to crash on devices with xposed (regardless what modules are used).
I was not able to even capture a log of such crashes, which is very weird.
The Following User Says Thank You to C3C076 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift C3C076 Ad-Free
25th November 2018, 03:28 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by loketa

I'm on android oreo, it's been months i'm using xposed on it when in comes out on Jan but this days I have this problem where while I'm typing on facebook messenger, can you guys help?

try to clear data
12th December 2018, 10:11 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 636

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by C3C076

It's true. Newer messenger versions tend to crash on devices with xposed (regardless what modules are used).
I was not able to even capture a log of such crashes, which is very weird.

Grab Syslog from Play Google and drop the captured logs here so that it can be fixed. No logs no help
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)