Remove All Ads from XDA

[DISCUSSION] Xposed for Marshmallow

2,574 posts
Thanks Meter: 76,239
 
By rovo89, Senior Recognized Developer on 14th November 2015, 10:47 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
9th July 2017, 05:30 PM |#5081  
@sumit@007's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 169
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWasdennnoch

https://github.com/rovo89/xposedinstaller

Sir i have some problems with my GitHub account.
I have attached logs here.
Can you take a look at it.
Attached Files
File Type: log xposed_error_20170709_205010.log - [Click for QR Code] (75.8 KB, 26 views)
 
 
9th July 2017, 05:59 PM |#5082  
@sumit@007's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 169
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWasdennnoch

Have you tried the Unofficial Material Design installer as well? Also please report the crash with a logcat in the Xposed installer repository on Github.

Unofficial Xposed is working
12th July 2017, 02:20 PM |#5083  
@sumit@007's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 169
 
More
The problem of xposed stopped is dpi change.
Whenever i change dpi xposed start giving me errors.
Any way to fix it?
12th July 2017, 04:31 PM |#5084  
sachin n's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Nowhere
Thanks Meter: 2,495
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by @sumit@007

The problem of xposed stopped is dpi change.
Whenever i change dpi xposed start giving me errors.
Any way to fix it?

You mean xposed installer app? If yeah, there was a module called app settings, use the module and you can change dpi for specific apps. That will fix the issue.

Yeah, some apps gives you FCs, if you change DPI.
The Following User Says Thank You to sachin n For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift sachin n Ad-Free
12th July 2017, 04:35 PM |#5085  
@sumit@007's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 169
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sachin n

You mean xposed installer app? If yeah, there was a module app setting, use the module and you can change dpi for specific apps. That will fix the issue.

Yeah, some apps gives you FCs, if you change DPI.

Thanks
12th July 2017, 05:41 PM |#5086  
Junior Member
Flag Idaho State
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Removing Remix 7.1.2 Nougut to used xPosed..
Hi there.

I have a Samsung Nexus 10 5.01 Manta.........it is rooted and now has Resurrection Remix 7.1.2 Nougut ( which I like but does not give me xposed functionality). Nothing else special has been modified.

I absolutely love xPosed!!!!! It modules are awesome!!!

MY QUESTIONS:
1) Going back to Marshmallow - is there anything special I need to do, or can I just follow the ROM flashing instructions?
2) I do not want a ROM bloated with STUFF - since I will be installing xPosed,, and I THINK modules can give me details I want. WHAT CUSTOM VANILLA ROM WORKS BEST WITH xPosed - that takes minimum space in System?
3). What partition does xposed modules get installed into?
5) I do not see a big difference between marshmallow and nougut?? Are there major differences that I am missing?
(I have looked this up online but cannot find much)
6). WHAT WOULD MAGISK systemless root do for me - I think it is ONLY for nougut? But it will allow me to use xPosed on nougut? ( remix still takes up too much room in system)
7) Does Magisk have their own ROM for Nexus 10? That will let me installed xPosed?

Note: I have been searching for answers to these questions for sometime. I am either not understanding the answers or I just cannot find them.....

Also, can I delete google test to speech without breaking anything and does Pico tts do the same thing?

Thanks so much - best regards and appreciation
LoriAnn
13th July 2017, 05:07 PM |#5087  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 123
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by schell0385

Hi there.

I have a Samsung Nexus 10 5.01 Manta.........it is rooted and now has Resurrection Remix 7.1.2 Nougut ( which I like but does not give me xposed functionality). Nothing else special has been modified.

I absolutely love xPosed!!!!! It modules are awesome!!!

MY QUESTIONS:
1) Going back to Marshmallow - is there anything special I need to do, or can I just follow the ROM flashing instructions?
2) I do not want a ROM bloated with STUFF - since I will be installing xPosed,, and I THINK modules can give me details I want. WHAT CUSTOM VANILLA ROM WORKS BEST WITH xPosed - that takes minimum space in System?
3). What partition does xposed modules get installed into?
5) I do not see a big difference between marshmallow and nougut?? Are there major differences that I am missing?
(I have looked this up online but cannot find much)
6). WHAT WOULD MAGISK systemless root do for me - I think it is ONLY for nougut? But it will allow me to use xPosed on nougut? ( remix still takes up too much room in system)
7) Does Magisk have their own ROM for Nexus 10? That will let me installed xPosed?

Note: I have been searching for answers to these questions for sometime. I am either not understanding the answers or I just cannot find them.....

Also, can I delete google test to speech without breaking anything and does Pico tts do the same thing?

Thanks so much - best regards and appreciation
LoriAnn

Most of these questions are really better off asking in the Nexus 10 sub regarding ROM and flashing. but in my case on my G4 I would just wipe and flash MM ROM back over N boot/modem etc. Basic Stock clean ROM I would guess would be a stock Lineage(CM) ROM.
Nougat just has some nice modifications and options in the UI, just aesthetics and slight easier functionality really. The main big thing is how when you install / update apps the way it does it is a lot quicker from MM. There are other things too but can't think at the moment.
You can use Magisk on MM too, it's just altering things systemlessly and also easier to hide the fact of root. But in my experience things like snapchat and banking apps etc have switched onto that and blocked it too, but it is easier to unroot/root. I am currently running a CRDroid ROM which is based on stock android, you can turn root on and off in that. Might be worth looking if they do CRDroid for Nexus 10 as I rate it highly for G4.
I don't know about the last bit. I would imagine be OK but best to Nandroid before you try. Text to speech could be linked with other apps and stop them functioning properly.

As said though, if you have questions reference the ROM or phone best bet is to ask there rather than Xposed thread.
19th July 2017, 12:27 PM |#5088  
Member
Flag Metro Manila City
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
Does wiping data and system automatically uninstall xposed framework?
19th July 2017, 01:33 PM |#5089  
MrWasdennnoch's Avatar
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 4,857
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaquiLois

Does wiping data and system automatically uninstall xposed framework?

Yes; there is no other place than system it could be installed in anyways. Cache wouldn't make sense.
The Following User Says Thank You to MrWasdennnoch For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st July 2017, 03:42 AM |#5090  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Press question mark to see available shortcut keys

SIGN IN



Jasper Medalla

Xposed Framework

Jul 21, 9:20 AM



Hi.. I need help on making the modules work..

My device is

AURII Passion
SDK23
Android 6
ARM64
Installed materialized Xposed installer (29-04-17 update)
Also tried the original version of Xposed installer 3.1.1
rooted (supersu 2.82)
SELinux set permissive (using The SELinux Toggler)
Flashed xposed-v87-sdk23-arm64.zip (via recovery)
BusyBox installed (1.26.2)


The installer says it's active but when you install the modules and activate then reboot .. the modules don't work,

it says 'couldn't get response from xposed framework'

I tried to uninstall the framework and reinstalled again but it doesn't work.. tried flashing zip using the application but still the modules don't work



The modules I tried are the ff:

Gravity box
xStana
FSBI
Greenify

Unfortunately there's no log on any module and Xposed on me.. there's a logs folder on /data/data/de.robv.android.xposed.installer but it's empty

And there's no fix Google. Haven't tried magisk root tho.. will try it if I can make a nandroid backup.

Any comment would be a great help for me.. THANKS!!
22nd July 2017, 10:00 AM |#5091  
Member
Thanks Meter: 4
 
More
Hi everyone,

Do you know which version i have to install for my Mi 5 (Miui Global Stable 8.1.2.0) Android version 6.0.1

I installed a version that tells me "Xposed not (yet) compatible with Android SDK version 23 or architecture of your processor (arm64-v8a)"
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes