By rovo89, Senior Recognized Developer on 8th October 2017, 05:36 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
14th November 2017, 01:31 PM |#1651  
Thanks Meter: 382

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sieem

I've searched for messenger, but I can't find an answer to my problem: since I installed xposed for nougat (every version yet), (Facebook) messenger keeps force closing or freezing. I think this line of the xposed log has to do with it:
F/art (30109): art/runtime/stack.cc:205] Check failed: success Failed to read the this object in void X.02K.run()

It already happens with no modules activated. Any idea what could be the culprit? Or how to fix this?

Using xposed v88.2 on official LineageOS 14.1 on a Redmi Note 3.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibuprophen

This issue, i believe, is specific to one or more Modules.

I only know of one (as follows) because I use the module and this has been gaining discussion recently.

https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho....php?t=2922667

I only use a Facebook Wrapper App and not either the Official Facebook App or the Facebook Messenger App.

I can't state this as a fact since I haven't had any issues and don't use those apps but, I can only let you know that, at least, one module that has been having this issue in one form or another.

Just an FYI for those who may be aware of this...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I DO NOT PROVIDE SUPPORT VIA PM UNLESS ASKED/REQUESTED BY MYSELF.
PLEASE KEEP IT IN THE THREADS WHERE EVERYONE CAN SHARE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibuprophen

I did state that It wasn't a fact that it is a Module but, keep in mind that a "pesky" module can create issues with other apps too.

Also, keep in mind mind that issues with XPosed doesn't always mean that it's only the Framework/Installer either.

I've seen so many members assume that when everything worked fine prior to the XPosed Nougat release and not now are assuming that it's the Nougat Framework/Installer when it MIGHT be the Module too.

I'm not lecturing you at all since it's not my place to do so...

I'm just pointing out that nobody can state the specific culprit to an issue without providing factual evidence pointing to the Framework, Installer or Module.

This is only me opinion/suggestion and I only provide my insights purely to help one or more members out the best i can.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I DO NOT PROVIDE SUPPORT VIA PM UNLESS ASKED/REQUESTED BY MYSELF.
PLEASE KEEP IT IN THE THREADS WHERE EVERYONE CAN SHARE

I have already opened a GitHub issue about the Messenger problems: https://github.com/rovo89/android_art/issues/71. They seem to be caused by the compilation process of Nougat's ART, in combination with Xposed framework.

14th November 2017, 01:54 PM |#1652  
Flag Sanford
Thanks Meter: 62

Donate to Me
More
I am experiencing issues like slow performance when opening and closing apps. Slow or freezing when switching apps or going back to the home screen. Basically low memory and lag on performance.

I am on stock nougat 7.0 Moto g4 2GB non-plus. I am using Magisk for root and ElementalX kernel. I have attached screenshot of the modules I have installed. Maybe is Xposed framework or a module. Any advise would be greatly appreciated, thank you. Not on the screen shot are also installed, YouTube background playback and Xposed one tap YouTube.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20171114-075332.jpg
Views:	494
Size:	149.6 KB
ID:	4332192  
14th November 2017, 02:06 PM |#1653  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Mare Tranquillitatis
Thanks Meter: 2,655

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante63

Magisk Xposed installer is for Systemless Xposed...

In otherwords, the installer in this thread will show xposed not installed...

And the installer in Magisk Xposed sees Xposed install but shows installer outdated...

It seems both installers are reading from same update source...

Sent from my [device_name] using XDA-Developers Legacy app

I am using the unofficial Material Design Xposed Installer by DVDAndroid, it recognizes the latest Magisk Systemless Xposed version.
The Following User Says Thank You to Portgas D. Ace For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Portgas D. Ace Ad-Free
14th November 2017, 08:34 PM |#1654  
Thanks Meter: 14

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jiannist

I have already opened a GitHub issue about the Messenger problems: https://github.com/rovo89/android_art/issues/71. They seem to be caused by the compilation process of Nougat's ART, in combination with Xposed framework.

Thank you for the link. Great to see I'm not the only one. Hopefully this bug can be fixed
14th November 2017, 09:21 PM |#1655  
Thanks Meter: 13

More
Anyone else having crash issues with Messenger? Im using 88.1 and messenger crashes all the time. i tried also systemless version.

oneplus 3 7.1.2
xposed installer 3.1.4 by dvdandroid
14th November 2017, 10:44 PM |#1656  
Thanks Meter: 581

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by papakitou

Anyone else having crash issues with Messenger? Im using 88.1 and messenger crashes all the time. i tried also systemless version.

oneplus 3 7.1.2

Did you try 88.2 which is the latest framework. What modules do you have, because I've seen similar messenger issues in various module threads I follow.
14th November 2017, 10:48 PM |#1657  
Flag Chihuahua, Mx.
Thanks Meter: 14

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by papakitou

oneplus 3 7.1.2

For me crashes too, I didn't know that was because of xposed, my alternative solution was installing messenger lite

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
15th November 2017, 12:48 AM |#1658  
Thanks Meter: 90

More
update: I followed up downloading and in system, installing the 3.1.4 apk, and Xposed is now present. please disregard this post.

I have installed the ARM64 SDK24 (for 7.0) version on a rooted stock, 7.0 G930S via TWRP. It took a little time on boot up, sitting at the boot logo screen for a minute or two, and then completed the boot to system. It is the first time I've flashed Xposed, so I don't really know what to expect.

I have rebooted once after, and still can not find the Xposed app anywhere? Would someone please advise?
15th November 2017, 10:32 AM |#1659  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Sometimes I get a "Please update your xposed installer" toast.
Here is a the log
Quote:

11-15 11:20:17.827 E/XposedInstaller( 3317): Xposed Installer is outdated (resource string "installer_needs_update" is missing)

88.2 version
And some of my modules won't start at bootup because of this.
How to fix?
15th November 2017, 03:16 PM |#1660  
Flag Lyon
Thanks Meter: 343

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberLoveMD

Here is a the log

88.2 version
How to fix?

Have you make a fresh install of the xposed framework ?
15th November 2017, 05:26 PM |#1661  
Flag Munich
Thanks Meter: 409

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberLoveMD

Here is a the log

88.2 version
How to fix?

What version of the installer are you on?

Gesendet von meinem Moto G 2014 LTE mit Tapatalk
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)