Remove All Ads from XDA
H10 Turbo

[DISCUSSION] Xposed for Oreo

2,585 posts
Thanks Meter: 81,085

By rovo89, XDA Ad-Free Senior Recognized Developer on 9th January 2018, 03:39 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
16th April 2018, 04:37 PM |#391  
Thanks Meter: 823

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark_at

So it is a normal question to ask how long it might take for a new version.

This is where the arrogance is. First and foremost, asking for an eta is against XDA rules. The answer is always this; it will be ready when its ready. Other points:

1: these things take time
2: they are done for free
3: Rovo also has a life outside of development.

By you saying "been 3 months since and update; this is useless!" You're telling us and the world that you don't care about Rovo or their life, you just want the project to be completed ASAP, to which I told you that anybody can learn to code android so if you're that desperate to have it working you can always take the source code and build from it for your device. Yea, stock ROMs have issues, because there are so many different ones and Rovo needs to make framework for each and every one of them. It takes a long time.

Xposed for nougat took a year or close to it, at least we have what we have here for Oreo already. Take it or leave it.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Bearthquake For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Bearthquake Ad-Free

16th April 2018, 09:06 PM |#392  
Thanks Meter: 109

More
I have a Sony Xperia XA2 (2018) H3123 that bootloops after the most recent firmware upgrade.

I would like to test any preview builds. I am willing to risk a bootloop. Please let me know what's needed so we can continue development on what seems to have stagnated.

I want Xposed back
17th April 2018, 12:25 AM |#393  
Thanks Meter: 11

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearthquake

It is useable. Just depends on your setup.

Also if you insist on complaining, you can learn to code android and help Rovo develop it. If not then just wait patiently.

no its not useable because xprivacylua doesnt work on los 15.1 and other oreo roms correct and without this, oreo is not useable.
xprivacylua is a must use module.

bug report is over 3 month old without fixing this
17th April 2018, 01:36 AM |#394  
Thanks Meter: 1,110

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by li0nh3art3d

I have a Sony Xperia XA2 (2018) H3123 that bootloops after the most recent firmware upgrade.

I would like to test any preview builds. I am willing to risk a bootloop. Please let me know what's needed so we can continue development on what seems to have stagnated.

The issue has already been documented.

https://github.com/rovo89/Xposed/issues/339

rovo89 himself has commented on the issue as well. It's hard to say exactly when a fix for this will happen. Trust me I'm wishing that Xposed was working on the current OTA on the XA2 Ultra but for now I can be patient for a fix.
17th April 2018, 01:40 AM |#395  
Thanks Meter: 109

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryManMLS

The issue has already been documented.

https://github.com/rovo89/Xposed/issues/339

rovo89 himself has commented on the issue as well. It's hard to say exactly when a fix for this will happen. Trust me I'm wishing that Xposed was working on the current OTA on the XA2 Ultra but for now I can be patient for a fix.

Indeed. I'm just volunteering to test (i.e. most likely brick and produce logs to further development)

I'd like to proactively wait 🙋*♂️
The Following User Says Thank You to li0nh3art3d For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift li0nh3art3d Ad-Free
17th April 2018, 01:47 AM |#396  
Thanks Meter: 1,110

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by li0nh3art3d

Indeed. I'm just volunteering to test (i.e. most likely brick and produce logs to further development)

I'd like to proactively wait 🙋*♂️

It doesn't look like anything has been added to the Github for Xposed lately. Unless if I've missed something. If there is the worse case scenario is perhaps compiling a new test build to see if the issue has been fixed.... maybe?
17th April 2018, 03:13 AM |#397  
Thanks Meter: 823

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xerves78

no its not useable because xprivacylua doesnt work on los 15.1 and other oreo roms correct and without this, oreo is not useable.

Aosp Oreo on popular development devices is. And if certain modules don't work that's not xposed's issue, its the module developers so nice try.

Either way, I said with the right setup it works well. I've used it in the past.

But the magic thing is if you need Xposed that badly, then just go back to nougat
17th April 2018, 03:45 AM |#398  
Flag Innsbruck
Thanks Meter: 30

More
Quote:

If los 15.1 should be LineageOS ... I have it installed. Xprivacy and XprivacyLua both work without any problem. No issues at all.
17th April 2018, 05:10 AM |#399  
Forum Moderator
¤No Man's Land¤
Thanks Meter: 4,207

More
Thread Cleaned.

Please stay on topic.

a) if a bug is identified report it and let the dev's take their own time to respond or not respond its their right either way
b) compile if you can using the guides/resource available in Xda/Github
c) If neither of the above can be done then wait patiently or roll back to a working version
d) Please do not request/ask when will the next version be available its practically pushing the devs to do something when they simply doesn't have enough virtual life time.

Last but not least if you think someone might have offended you please do hit report button instead of engaging them in thread or even try to have a civil conversation through PM.

Thanks
SacredDeviL666
Forum Moderator
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to SacredDeviL666 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift SacredDeviL666 Ad-Free
17th April 2018, 07:25 AM |#400  
Thanks Meter: 11

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark_at

If los 15.1 should be LineageOS ... I have it installed. Xprivacy and XprivacyLua both work without any problem. No issues at all.

all apps in xprivacylua full restricted ?
on my s6 edge the most apps crash on start with full restriction, whatsapp, firefox beta, here maps, ....
on all roms, los, rr, aex, ... the same problem
17th April 2018, 08:16 AM |#401  
Flag Innsbruck
Thanks Meter: 30

More
Quote:

all apps in xprivacylua full restricted ?
on my s6 edge the most apps crash on start with full restriction, whatsapp, firefox beta, here maps, ....
on all roms, los, rr, aex, ... the same problem

Yes, all apps fully restricted in beginning.
Some apps I needed to allow certain rights to work properly ... but most are fully restricted. Whatsapp for example needs to read contacts.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)