2,585 posts
Thanks Meter: 80,858

By rovo89, Senior Recognized Developer on 9th January 2018, 03:39 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
9th May 2018, 09:54 AM |#461  
Flag Baldwin Park
Thanks Meter: 2,160

More
No has generally been the answer. With Xposed installed SafetyNet is a no go. Far as I know.

ZTE Axon 7 A2017U, AospExtended v5.4 ROM, HELLSGATE Kernel, Multiboot, Tapatalk 4.9.3
The Following User Says Thank You to marcdw For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift marcdw Ad-Free

10th May 2018, 10:11 AM |#462  
Flag Truro
Thanks Meter: 857

More
Sony Xperia Xposed broken since April
I know several people have posted about issues with XZ phones and Xposed failing since the April security patch
Are we waiting for an updated beta from topjohnw ?
This isn't an eta request, rather just trying ot find the right thread to look for progress.
Ta.
10th May 2018, 03:20 PM |#463  
Flag Tallinn
Thanks Meter: 48

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Didgesteve

I know several people have posted about issues with XZ phones and Xposed failing since the April security patch
Are we waiting for an updated beta from topjohnw ?
This isn't an eta request, rather just trying ot find the right thread to look for progress.
Ta.

I think it's broken since March actually. That's where first reports came in.
Im on Nougat myself (X Compact) an have not been able to update past February security patch. Well i could but then i would lose Xposed and that's a compromise im not willing to make. I would rather stay at older security patch level than lose the ability to use xposed. One affects me every day i use my phone. Other is purely theoretical.
The Following User Says Thank You to RaXelliX For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift RaXelliX Ad-Free
10th May 2018, 08:12 PM |#464  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I know custom roms are not supported; however, I get a boot loop on Nexus 6p running Lineage OS 15.1 (base android 8.1.0)
If anyone can confirm boot loop on Nexus 6p stock 8.1.0, then there you go.
(Not magisk version btw)
12th May 2018, 04:47 AM |#465  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Consistent app crashes and Bootloop.
AI just installed the Xposed Framework for my Redmi Note 3 and it worked fine, apparently. What was the problem was what happened next. I reboot my phone to apply the changes made from the AdBlocker Reborn, and I was locked out in a Bootloop. Please fix this problem. I had to flash my AOSP rom again to make it work. I can't do this everytime I install a module.
Please fix this.
12th May 2018, 12:26 PM |#466  
Thanks Meter: 84

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Satya Pragnya Mohanty

AI just installed the Xposed Framework for my Redmi Note 3 and it worked fine, apparently. What was the problem was what happened next. I reboot my phone to apply the changes made from the AdBlocker Reborn, and I was locked out in a Bootloop. Please fix this problem. I had to flash my AOSP rom again to make it work. I can't do this everytime I install a module.
Please fix this.

maybe this is only with that module?

Xposed framework hasn't been working right on almost all devices with the march 2018 security patch. Some devices bootloop from only rhe framework, some can install the framework but most modules will cause a bootloop. This is known.

What is unknown is if/when the fix for this will come in the next update.

---------- Post added at 12:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:22 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satya Pragnya Mohanty

Please fix this.

maybe this is only with that module?

Xposed framework hasn't been working right on almost all devices with the march 2018 security patch. Some devices bootloop from only rhe framework, some can install the framework but most modules will cause a bootloop. This is known.

What is unknown is if/when the fix for this will come in the next update.

You need to understand, Xposed framework for Oreo is in BETA release, which means it's not stable. Flash at your own risk.

Right now we all have to be patient until someone comes up with a solution. As far as I can tell the security patches in march were so major, fixing Xposed is going to be almost like redesigning the code for an entirely new Android version. This could easily take 6 months to a year, so be patient, get used to not having Xposed or downgrade your firmware to an earlier version, if possible.
13th May 2018, 07:15 AM |#467  
Flag City of Westeros
Thanks Meter: 9

More
can someone explain or give a link for discussions describing what system a or system b are, in oreo? tnx..
14th May 2018, 12:14 AM |#468  
Thanks Meter: 1,330

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonAdroid

can someone explain or give a link for discussions describing what system a or system b are, in oreo? tnx..

A/B system slots aren't specific to Oreo. They're a feature of Google's Pixel devices. It's how their "seamless updates" work.

For example, say the new monthly security patch comes out and the user is booted using the A system slot. The device will download and install the update to the B system slot in the background. Next time the user reboots the device it will boot using the B system slot since it is the most up-to-date.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Face_Plant For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Face_Plant Ad-Free
15th May 2018, 04:15 PM |#469  
Thanks Meter: 15

More
My xposed module crashes the apps. I'm currently on aosp rom 8.1 . my YouTube adaway module and onetap video download doesn't work .
17th May 2018, 12:29 AM |#470  
Flag Seymour Tn
Thanks Meter: 594

More
Been using magisk. Now I think I saw where xposed is for oreo?
Running HTC 10 / Snapdragon 820/ Lee droid sense. Can I run this and can someone link me. I know there are different versions. ? Any help would be appreciated
17th May 2018, 06:03 AM |#471  
Flag Munich
Thanks Meter: 502

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattie_49

Been using magisk. Now I think I saw where xposed is for oreo?
Running HTC 10 / Snapdragon 820/ Lee droid sense. Can I run this and can someone link me. I know there are different versions. ? Any help would be appreciated

What exactly do you want/need?

Gesendet von meinem Moto G (5) Plus mit Tapatalk
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)