Thanks Meter: 80,991

By rovo89, Senior Recognized Developer on 9th January 2018, 03:39 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
12th June 2018, 08:10 PM |#521  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalcerb

Running on my Mi Mix with LineageOS 15.1 and only with oneplus gestures module my phone is freaking slow when xposed is activated, anyone with the same problem ?

Same issue here.. just tested on my friend Mi MIX with Lineage OS 15.1 ... possible conflict in some way..

13th June 2018, 09:22 AM |#522  
Thanks Meter: 17

More
I tried xposed to install on my Sony xz2, but ends up in a bootloop
13th June 2018, 11:29 AM |#523  
Thanks Meter: 97

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sony92

I tried xposed to install on my Sony xz2, but ends up in a bootloop

You need to downgrade to the February or earlier patch. The march update breaks xposed on a lot of devices

I literally just got done doing that on my XA2 and it works now lol
The Following User Says Thank You to li0nh3art3d For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift li0nh3art3d Ad-Free
13th June 2018, 01:26 PM |#524  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by li0nh3art3d

You need to downgrade to the February or earlier patch. The march update breaks xposed on a lot of devices

I literally just got done doing that on my XA2 and it works now lol

OK. Is that even fixed? Because I have a xz2 and don't know whether I as far as downgraden can
13th June 2018, 01:37 PM |#525  
Thanks Meter: 97

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sony92

OK. Is that even fixed? Because I have a xz2 and don't know whether I as far as downgraden can

I used Emma from Sony's open devices page to downgrade. I think it works on the XZ2 the same way..
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20180613-073549.png
Views:	398
Size:	118.0 KB
ID:	4525659  
13th June 2018, 03:16 PM |#526  
Flag Tallinn
Thanks Meter: 48

More
XZ2 came out later than February so it might very well be unfixable at the moment trough downgrade.
13th June 2018, 04:52 PM |#527  

More
Would still be nice if it is fixed.
17th June 2018, 02:57 AM |#528  
Thanks Meter: 579

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcdw

@RusherDude, beta3 was the last released version.
You may see reference to a beta4 but that is a test version for a specific case, as mentioned here...

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=76651197

Moto G5s Plus XT1806, BootleggersROM-Shishufied, microG (NoGapps), MultiROM, Tapatalk 4.9.5

Strange, did rovo halt development or something? I mean if its stable enough why its not released as a normal xposed version? it's been half a year of testing lol

Thanks!
18th June 2018, 05:45 PM |#529  
Flag Amsterdam
Thanks Meter: 658

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by RusherDude

Strange, did rovo halt development or something? I mean if its stable enough why its not released as a normal xposed version? it's been half a year of testing lol

It's a massive project. A few months in beta isn't unusual for projects of such huge scope. Compare this with the seemingly interminable period that support for Nougat was in development. That was much longer.

And then consider Wine, another massive project. Wine spent 12 years of active development at alpha stage before finally moving to beta, where it spent a further 2½ years before getting a production 1.0 release.
18th June 2018, 08:14 PM |#530  
Flag Innsbruck
Thanks Meter: 30

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by RusherDude

Thanks!

Beta 4 is only for Huawei phones on android 8.0

So it can not be a full version for every phone.

And with android 8.1 on Huawei you can use beta 3 if I understood correctly.

That alone shows how complex development for Xposed is! Same phone ... difference is only 8.0 and 8.1 android!
The Following User Says Thank You to mark_at For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mark_at Ad-Free
18th June 2018, 08:38 PM |#531  
Flag Upstate New York
Thanks Meter: 3,592

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark_at

Beta 4 is only for Huawei phones on android 8.0...

Yes and No...

The Beta 4 your referring to is the Full Framework but, it only has fixes, modifications, etc... that's geared specifically for the Huawei Oreo devices themselves.

It's a type of "Give this a try and see if it works" Framework for those who had issues with the Huawei Oreo devices.

I don't believe that @rovo89 had expected it as a magical fix for the Huawei Oreo devices. I believe that it was intended for Rovo89 to see if he was on the right path.

I hope that I had explained this okay via text...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I DO NOT provide support via PM unless asked/requested by myself. PLEASE keep it in the threads where everyone can share.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)