Remove All Ads from XDA

Edxposed causing soft restart after boot completed and prevents screen off

367 posts
Thanks Meter: 85

By ezzony, Senior Member on 19th October 2019, 03:39 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Background - switched from xposed to Edxposed to get Google Pay to work. It does now work but caused buggy side effects.

1. System soft reboots directly after a manual boot completed but is then okay usually if left to settle.
2. Screen says always on, will not respond to display settings options set to 'off' after 1 min. It will off by power key, just not auto off.
3. One xposed module does't work at all (Niwatori One Handed Mode). Xposed Edge and Gravity work fine so far.

I have 2 devices, an LG V20, LG G5 both on Oreo and both exhibiting exact same problems. 1 device uses Edexposed Manager, the other Edxposed Installer. Is installer now obsolete?

So the One handed Mode is the biggest problem. Is there a way to look under the hood to fix a non working module? If I could fix the other problems maybe I could find an alternative app for one handed mode.
22nd October 2019, 02:31 AM |#2  
OP Senior Member
Flag Dublin

More
Okay well "HiddenCore module" (xposed module) was causing the screen to stay on. As I said I just installed it cause I saw it thinking maybe it was necessary for Gpay. Turns out I uninstalled it, the screen will now auto off, and Gpay still works.

Only issue now is the soft reboot after boot completed. Not a huge deal, maybe it will be resolved in an edxposed update, although I am now using the latest Canary alpha, alas no change.
22nd October 2019, 02:31 AM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Dublin

More
Okay well "HiddenCore module" (xposed module) was causing the screen to stay on. As I said I just installed it cause I saw it thinking maybe it was necessary for Gpay. Turns out I uninstalled it, the screen will now auto off, and Gpay still works.

Only issue now is the soft reboot after boot completed. Not a huge deal, maybe it will be resolved in an edxposed update, although I am now using the latest Canary alpha, alas no change.
23rd October 2019, 07:29 AM |#4  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Bratislava
Thanks Meter: 24,097

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ezzony

I experience the same and already reported it to devs.
https://github.com/ElderDrivers/EdXposed/issues/373
The Following User Says Thank You to C3C076 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift C3C076 Ad-Free
24th October 2019, 07:49 PM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Dublin

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by C3C076

I experience the same and already reported it to devs.
https://github.com/ElderDrivers/EdXposed/issues/373

That thread is saying something about using a modified build of magisk. Did you try that and do you know where to get it?
edit: I'm using latest magisk 20 version.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)