Remove All Ads from XDA

Fix dec 2016/jan 2017: Snapchat on rooted android device running xposed.

n/a posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By OfficialTI5, Guest on 14th December 2016, 09:47 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
POST IS UPDATED REGULARLY.

LINK 1 - Parallel Space: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.lbe.parallel.intl&hl=en[/URL][/URL]
LINK 2 - Parallel Space 64-Bit Support: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.lbe.parallel.intl.arm64&hl=en[/URL][/URL]

Salutations. (That means 'Hello').

NOTE: For those who are interested, I will include background information about how I came to the solution. All that other jazz too. First and foremost however; the fix!

SOLUTION:

Right at the top of the post, you will find two links. This being a new account and all (don't ask), until I create 10 posts I cannot include any outside links. So once I've done so, I will update the post.

STEP **: So at the top of the post, there are clearly two links. 64-Bit Android devices are becoming increasingly common. This architecture may pose a few problems. give the application framework. Should you own a 64-Bit device, I recommend installing this application too (LINK 2). This will theoretically prevent any obstacles.

Pre-requisite(s): Make sure you have the 'Snapchat' application installed. It is recommended to have installed the latest update from the Google Play Store.

STEP ONE: Download the application appended to LINK 1. This is called Parallel Space. You might recognize the name (its creators are the same who allow you to seamlessly virtualize Windows OS on Mac OS).
STEP TWO: Launch the application.
STEP THREE: You should be prompted with a grid-like interface. Here you will be greeted with a range of familiar icons. In the top right corner of each icon, you will notice a blue check-mark. Make sure that there is one next to the 'Snapchat' icon. This will ensure that the app is 'cloned'.
STEP FOUR: In the 'Parallel Space' app, tap on the 'Snapchat' icon. This will launch the application.
STEP FIVE: From here it is pretty self-explanatory. You are greeted by the standard 'Snapchat' interface. Tap on 'Log In'. Then proceed to do so.
STEP SIX: 'Snapchat' should be functioning as normal.

STEP SEVEN (BONUS): During testing, this worked on and off. --
  • Remain logged-in to the 'cloned' 'Snapchat' application within the 'Parallel Space' application.
  • Then proceed to launch the stock 'Snapchat' application.
  • Next attempt to 'Log-In'.
  • Should this operation be successful, you are then free to uninstall 'Parallel Space' and any related assets from your device.
    HOWEVER, I personally do not recommend this. When logging out or updating the 'Snapchat' application, errors may be re-encountered.
    Instead, I recommend that if possible, do use the stock application, but leave 'Parallel Space' installed. Using the stock app will improve efficiency and reduce the load on system resources. But keeping the 'Parallel Space' application on the device, well; you get the point.

Enjoy the fix! If it does not work, please let me know [Device Name and Model No.]. I've tested on various devices, succeeded every-time. Do keep in mind that this is a loop-hole, so may be patched in future or not work at all for some devices.

Background (Because I know someone will ask): The idea came to mind while using a LG G5 as a daily driver. I had tested every custom ROM available for the device. The problem was that with custom ROM's, there was always an issue, Malfunctioning sensors, camera's not working persistently, etc , etc.
The G5's stock ROM left me wanting more. The overbearing interface made it a living hell. Plus, the device just being rooted (NO XPOSED) meant that 'Snapchat' did not work. I looked for fixes for a time, but could not find any.

Development of ROM's for the device is on-going, and I am an active member. But I just couldn't handle not being able to use the camera (one of the device's best features) and no accelerator, screen-rotation, etc. So I went back to stock again. Do keep in mind that I was alternating/dual-booting between custom and stock ROM's just because of the camera; mainly.

This most recent time. instead of flashing stock MM, I flashed stock N for the G5. For 850, it has been officially released in some countries, and a manual flash via TWRP was a peice of cake.

This update is a lot better. I am running Nova Launcher again. So it makes it look a little better. Themes have also been improved. I am using an in-built dark one which makes the device look a lot better aesthetically. Additionally, I'm rocking a white carbon-fibre skin on the exterior; improving grip and overall security. The only issue was again, no 'Snapchat'.

After a few days, I had the idea to attempt this. I tested my theory and it worked! That's it.

Please do keep in mind that I will update this post as often as possible.

P.S This was tested just after updating to the latest version of 'Snapchat' which was a significant update. It included Shazam, Groups, etc. So you know, pretty cool that it worked.

12th January 2017, 01:59 AM |#2  

More
Did not work on Google Nexus 5 running Android 7.1.1. Still gives error message saying that I can't connect to the server.
12th January 2017, 05:21 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Same here, not working on freshly reinstalled and rooted 7.1.1 Nexus 5x. No Xposed, no nothing. I get the infuriating "temporarily failed" message in both cloned and regular modes.
15th January 2017, 09:06 AM |#4  

More
It didn't worked. S7 edge exynos (6.0.1)
26th January 2017, 01:29 AM |#5  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holyphe

It didn't worked. S7 edge exynos (6.0.1)

I'm pretty sure if you get Xposed framework, there's a module that allows you to hide root from apps. Problem is that there is no Xposed framework for Android 7 yet. Hope this helps.
26th January 2017, 01:32 AM |#6  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hot_potato

I'm pretty sure if you get Xposed framework, there's a module that allows you to hide root from apps. Problem is that there is no Xposed framework for Android 7 yet. Hope this helps.

Whats the name of it?
19th February 2017, 10:16 PM |#7  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holyphe

Whats the name of it?

I personally tried the module on cm13 but it doesnt work for me. I think that somehow snapchat knows when you use xposed too.
The thing is that on aosp roms with root already build in sometimes snapchat do not catch it but if you have xposed, no way you can get in. For that freaky snapchat app here is what i did: install any rom, if if had root build in i then install su uninstaller zip with twrp then log in into snapchat and after that, rooting with super su zip again. The catch is that once you log out of the app and attempt to log in again, you cant get in and you have to repeat the proccess. It's annoying as hell!!! They need to disable the security check, if people want to cheat che system somehow they will, so whats the point. Also there are much more tweaks for jailbroken iphones and they have no problem with it .
Sorry for the rant here buqt im super frustrated.
10th March 2017, 11:30 AM |#8  
Flag Dubai
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndroidFL

I personally tried the module on cm13 but it doesnt work for me. I think that somehow snapchat knows when you use xposed too.
The thing is that on aosp roms with root already build in sometimes snapchat do not catch it but if you have xposed, no way you can get in. For that freaky snapchat app here is what i did: install any rom, if if had root build in i then install su uninstaller zip with twrp then log in into snapchat and after that, rooting with super su zip again. The catch is that once you log out of the app and attempt to log in again, you cant get in and you have to repeat the proccess. It's annoying as hell!!! They need to disable the security check, if people want to cheat che system somehow they will, so whats the point. Also there are much more tweaks for jailbroken iphones and they have no problem with it .
Sorry for the rant here buqt im super frustrated.

That's the only solution I've seen working so far. unroot and reroot. Root cloak doesn't work, parallel doesn't work. I should've logged in before rooting and I hate to do it again.
13th March 2017, 10:39 AM |#9  
Flag Dubai
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Any work arounds yet? I've seen ppl do it using titanium backup but I'm not sure if that works. Can anybody help?
19th May 2017, 10:49 PM |#10  

More
Samsung s5 G900v Not working
I have been searching and searching and still haven't found a way to sign into snapcat. It took me about 6 months to be able to find out how to root my phone.
20th May 2017, 11:39 PM |#11  
Flag Hesperia
Thanks Meter: 145

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dukeboyty

I have been searching and searching and still haven't found a way to sign into snapcat. It took me about 6 months to be able to find out how to root my phone.

Well todays your lucky day.
Step one turn off xposed.
Step two reboot
Step three sign into snapchat
Step four turn xposed back on
Step five reboot

You should be able to snap now.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)