Remove All Ads from XDA
Honor 7x
Win an Honor 7X!

[How-to] Getting Snapchat to login when its rooted. (10 Steps)

1 posts
Thanks Meter: 12

By Reghar, Junior Member on 17th February 2017, 09:54 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
So I recently searched and searched and followed many guides but nothing worked.
Although, I just replaced a few steps and got everything working.
Can even install Snapchat after Xposed.

Requires just a PC/Laptop/Mac
and of course your phone of choice.

Step 1: Download BlueStacks 2 Latest
Step 2: Download B.S Helper
Step 3: Install BlueStacks
Step 4: Install SnapChat on BlueStacks
Step 5: Login on BlueStacks SnapChat
Step 6: Open BS Helper and "Click Patch For Super X"
Step 7: Backup Snapchat with Titanium Backup
Step 8: Transfer Backup to Phone
Step 9: Restore Backup
Step 10: Enjoy!
Hope this helps someone who needs it before they hassle with uninstalling and reinstalling Roms/Xposed/Snap and all the other various things I wasted hours on!

After my 10 posts are up I will update with links
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Reghar For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Reghar Ad-Free

18th February 2017, 02:27 AM |#2  
Flag Baldwin Park
Thanks Meter: 1,885

More
Nice.
Once Snapchat is backed up with TiBu one should never have any problems after that.
I first backed up Snapchat in 2013. To this day I have never had to worry about logins. App has been restored, updated (to match Snapprefs mostly), backed up again (of course), and run on a slew of ROMs from JellyBean to Nougat.
Actually I don't have a clue as to what my login is. Backup is key.

LG G3 D851, SlimSaber LP ROM, MultiROM, Tapatalk 4.9.5
18th February 2017, 03:07 AM |#3  
Flag Chicago
Thanks Meter: 313

More
I recent upgraded phone's and restore from the TiBu still would not let me in. I'm thinking the backup version I used was from a too old of version.

I am using a systemless root + xposed on my phone. I was able to just overwrite the boot partition in twrp ( unroot ), login to snapchat, and restore the boot partition with the rooted version. It only takes about 2 minutes, assuming you make a backup of the boot partition from before you rooted.
18th February 2017, 03:48 PM |#4  
Flag Baldwin Park
Thanks Meter: 1,885

More
@gustden, pretty good tip. Saved. Just in case my luck runs out.
There is one other thing. Not sure if it applies to Snapchat in particular, I always use the same device ID on all ROMs. Actually carried over from my old Samsung from a couple of years ago.

Some app data is tied to the device used when a backup was made. The Line app for instance. Long time ago I ran it on a ROM where I forgot to change the ID. Line detected a new device and gave me the hardest time. It even "threatened" to remove all existing data/chats/messages. I got it squared away after awhile but it was close.

I multiboot and run multiple ROMs and did not want that to happen on each.

But anyway, I wonder if Snapchat is somewhat similar. Restoring a backup on a new ROM but still having issues with logins.
I guess I can test that and see what happens.

LG G3 D851, Validus v13.5 ROM, MultiROM, Tapatalk 4.9.5
19th February 2017, 06:52 PM |#5  
Flag Tallahassee
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcdw

@gustden, pretty good tip. Saved. Just in case my luck runs out.
There is one other thing. Not sure if it applies to Snapchat in particular, I always use the same device ID on all ROMs. Actually carried over from my old Samsung from a couple of years ago.

Some app data is tied to the device used when a backup was made. The Line app for instance. Long time ago I ran it on a ROM where I forgot to change the ID. Line detected a new device and gave me the hardest time. It even "threatened" to remove all existing data/chats/messages. I got it squared away after awhile but it was close.

I multiboot and run multiple ROMs and did not want that to happen on each.

But anyway, I wonder if Snapchat is somewhat similar. Restoring a backup on a new ROM but still having issues with logins.
I guess I can test that and see what happens.

LG G3 D851, Validus v13.5 ROM, MultiROM, Tapatalk 4.9.5

Personal opinion - Magisk v11.1 with Systemless Xposed installed. All I have to do is toggle Xposed's switch, reboot, login to Snapchat, toggle Xposed on, then reboot. Takes about 3 minutes tops.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to electronicwizard01 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift electronicwizard01 Ad-Free
20th February 2017, 01:43 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Thanks!
Wow thanks! You have no idea how many methods I tried trying to get snapchat to work before finding your solution.
4th March 2017, 02:41 PM |#7  

More
WHAT IS B.S Helper??Please 1 downl. ink?
4th March 2017, 08:29 PM |#8  
Flag New York
Thanks Meter: 2,836

Donate to Me
More
So, I just tried this.... AND IT WORKS!

Here's the links since OP can't post any:

Bluestacks DL (windows)

Bluestacks tweaker root tool 2 (DL is in the youtube description)

Now, what I did is copy the titanium backup using FX File Explorer to my Google drive, then transfered the files from Drive to my phone.
10th March 2017, 10:44 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 10

More
Perfect! Thanks for the solution mate!
13th March 2017, 10:52 PM |#10  

More
I followed original post, with some difficulty because BS Helper was a chore to find, but am wondering where the TiBu of Snapchat on Bluestacks is stored so I can transfer ans restore it on my phone.
Thanks!
9th April 2017, 03:22 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vitali101

I followed original post, with some difficulty because BS Helper was a chore to find, but am wondering where the TiBu of Snapchat on Bluestacks is stored so I can transfer ans restore it on my phone.
Thanks!

I am having the same problem!! Where can I find the location of the TiBu back up?
The Following User Says Thank You to portard1 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift portard1 Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)