Remove All Ads from XDA

How to Install Xposed Framework Manually

8 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

Post Reply Email Thread
Hola! I want to share how to manually install the Xposed Framework, because in version 2.5 and above, how to install it is different and before that you should be able to copy Xposed-Disabler-Recovery.zip to external memory (I know this is done for security reasons, but this will causes the install to fail if the phone has a storage problem like my phone).

Prequistes :
- The phone is rooted
- Root Explorer (I use Total Commander)
- install.sh (on Xposed 2.4.1.apk/assets/install.sh)
- Xposed Installer v2.6.1 (stable) and Xposed Installer v2.4.1 (for method 2)

Let's begin

Method 1:
1. Install Xposed Installer v2.6.1
2. Open the application to create a sub directory in /data/data/de.robv.android.xposed.installer
3. Open the root explorer, open it as a zip on the xposed installer v2.6.1.apk
4. Copy assets / XposedBridge.jar and assets / arm or x86 (depending on processor architecture) / app_process_sdk_16
Note: sdk 15 (Android 4.0 ICS)
sdk 16 (Android 4.1.2 JB) to internal or external memory
5. Copy assets / arm or x86 (depending on processor architecture) / busybox-xposed to /data/data/de.robv.android.xposed.installer/cache
6. Change the name app_process_sdk_16 or sdk_15 to app_process
7. Copy app_process and XposedBridge.jar to /data/data/de.robv.android.xposed.installer/bin. Also copy the app_process to /data/data/de.robv.android.xposed.installer/cache
8. Change the app_process permission to -rw ------- (600) and uid and gid to Xposed Installer.
9. Change the XposedBridge.jar permission to -rw-r - r-- (644) and the uid and gid to root.
10. Make a file called modules.list on /data/data/de.robv.android.xposed.installer/conf then change the permissions to rw-rw-r-- (664) and the uid and gid to Xposed Installer
11. Copy the install.sh to /data/data/de.robv.android.xposed.installer/cache and execute
12. Reboot

If the framework is still inactive, use method 2.

Method 2:
1. Install Xposed Installer v2.4.1 first
2. Install the framework and reboot
3. Install Xposed Installer v2.6.1
4. Follow method 1 steps 3 - 9 directly proceed to steps 11 and 12.

If the phone bootloop flash Xposed-Disabler-Recovery.zip (on Xposed 2.6.1.apk/assets/Xposed-Disabler-Recovery.zip) via adb sideload

Tested on Samsung Galaxy Star Duos (GT-S5282) Android 4.1.2
Do with your own risk!

P.S : my english is bad so i used translator
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)