Remove All Ads from XDA

[HOWTO] Disable all Xposed Modules via recovery

n/a posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By HKZync, Guest on 17th October 2015, 09:59 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
If you enable or update an Xposed module and get stuck in a boot-loop, your options are limited. You basically just have access to recovery. I got stuck in this situation and had trouble finding out how to disable Xposed via recovery.

To disable Xposed completely from recovery,
  • Boot into custom recovery
  • Go to File Manager (usually under Advanced)
  • Navigate to /data/data/de.robv.android.xposed.installer/conf/modules.list
  • Delete modules.list
  • Reboot System

The deleted file simply controls which Xposed modules are loaded on startup. Deleting the file disables all Xposed modules.

After you reboot, all of your Xposed tweaks will be disabled. To re-enable Xposed modules, simply start up the Xposed Installer app. Then go to modules and make any change. This will re-create the modules.list file that you deleted in recovery.

There might be quite a lot of people who already know but this is for the benefit of those who don't know and end up wiping data and flashing everything from scratch.
The Following 33 Users Say Thank You to HKZync For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift HKZync Ad-Free
18th October 2015, 06:15 PM |#2  
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter: 101

More
A sensible flasher would download the xposed remover zip that's in the same op before installing.
24th December 2016, 10:36 AM |#3  
@HKZync You save my all efforts. Great help bro. n my note 5 I had the issue and your trick worked.

---------- Post added at 09:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:34 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJTBVK

A sensible flasher would download the xposed remover zip that's in the same op before installing.

You are suggesting to remove complete xposed framework instead of just disabling and enabling modules.
25th December 2016, 10:29 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 31

More
Thanks. Been having trouble with this just now. I used to have to flash the uninstaller and stuff. Big time saver this is

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 using XDA Labs
26th February 2017, 09:18 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 94

More
thanks, exactly the infos i've been serching for.
16th April 2017, 05:01 AM |#6  
Chitwan
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Recovered from bootloop!
Thank you. The information provided here saved me.
15th May 2017, 08:50 AM |#7  
Flag Antananarivo
Thanks Meter: 1

More
You saved my life Bro!!!
It worked like a charm.

May God bless you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HKZync

If you enable or update an Xposed module and get stuck in a boot-loop, your options are limited. You basically just have access to recovery. I got stuck in this situation and had trouble finding out how to disable Xposed via recovery.

To disable Xposed completely from recovery,

• Boot into custom recovery
  • Go to File Manager (usually under Advanced)
  • Navigate to /data/data/de.robv.android.xposed.installer/conf/modules.list
  • Delete modules.list
  • Reboot System

The deleted file simply controls which Xposed modules are loaded on startup. Deleting the file disables all Xposed modules.

After you reboot, all of your Xposed tweaks will be disabled. To re-enable Xposed modules, simply start up the Xposed Installer app. Then go to modules and make any change. This will re-create the modules.list file that you deleted in recovery.

There might be quite a lot of people who already know but this is for the benefit of those who don't know and end up wiping data and flashing everything from scratch.

8th July 2017, 08:19 AM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
This doesn't work for me. I go to advanced, then file manager, then to the data folder, but then my only option is "up a level". I can't select more folders within the data folder.

This is not a problem when navigating on the sd card, only when navigating on the root of the phone.
8th July 2017, 10:02 AM |#9  
Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter: 7,902

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by seventieslord

This doesn't work for me. I go to advanced, then file manager, then to the data folder, but then my only option is "up a level". I can't select more folders within the data folder.

This is not a problem when navigating on the sd card, only when navigating on the root of the phone.

Is the data partition mounted (select it under "Mount")?
15th August 2017, 02:10 PM |#10  
Flag Darmstadt
Thanks Meter: 5

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJTBVK

right, but what if u cant flash with the recovery....
22nd August 2017, 08:42 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 46

More
I got stuck too, so uninstalled xposed.
Now, when I look in xposed, I cannot disable the modules (because they all say they need an updates XposedBridge). The checkboxes are disabled, so I cannot remove a specific module to test if that module was the culprit.

How can I disable some xposed modules, then reinstall xposed?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)