n/a posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By HKZync, Guest on 17th October 2015, 09:59 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
22nd August 2017, 08:42 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 46

More
I got stuck too, so uninstalled xposed.
Now, when I look in xposed, I cannot disable the modules (because they all say they need an updates XposedBridge). The checkboxes are disabled, so I cannot remove a specific module to test if that module was the culprit.

How can I disable some xposed modules, then reinstall xposed?
22nd August 2017, 11:50 AM |#12  
Thanks Meter: 46

More
Found this, am trying atm: https://forum.xda-developers.com/xpo...vator-t3372942
This one actually works. It keeps the xposed framework, but removes all checkmarks for the modules, that way the modules are not loaded on boot.
25th August 2017, 10:34 AM |#13  
Flag QATIF
Thanks Meter: 11

More
Great job thanks,👍👍
28th August 2017, 03:20 PM |#14  
Flag Cambrils
Thanks Meter: 122

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by HKZync

If you enable or update an Xposed module and get stuck in a boot-loop, your options are limited. You basically just have access to recovery. I got stuck in this situation and had trouble finding out how to disable Xposed via recovery.

To disable Xposed completely from recovery,

• Boot into custom recovery
  • Go to File Manager (usually under Advanced)
  • Navigate to /data/data/de.robv.android.xposed.installer/conf/modules.list
  • Delete modules.list
  • Reboot System

The deleted file simply controls which Xposed modules are loaded on startup. Deleting the file disables all Xposed modules.

After you reboot, all of your Xposed tweaks will be disabled. To re-enable Xposed modules, simply start up the Xposed Installer app. Then go to modules and make any change. This will re-create the modules.list file that you deleted in recovery.

There might be quite a lot of people who already know but this is for the benefit of those who don't know and end up wiping data and flashing everything from scratch.

You saved my day, very helpful tip.
Thanks.
Best regards
mkpcxxl
14th October 2017, 09:10 PM |#15  
Thanks Meter: 28

More
is this still working for 7.1 rovo magisk xposed ?? v88.1 ??
15th October 2017, 01:22 AM |#16  
Flag Venlo
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Good to know for when I ever get in a bootloop, only problem is there's no conf folder to be found lol..
I do have a shared_prefs folder with some files in it though.. So should I delete one of these files when I ever get in a bootloop?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20171015-011816.png
Views:	594
Size:	101.5 KB
ID:	4302921   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20171015-011933.png
Views:	600
Size:	142.0 KB
ID:	4302922  
The Following User Says Thank You to Noisecake For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Noisecake Ad-Free
15th October 2017, 02:37 AM |#17  
Thanks Meter: 44

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noisecake

Good to know for when I ever get in a bootloop, only problem is there's no conf folder to be found lol..
I do have a shared_prefs folder with some files in it though.. So should I delete one of these files when I ever get in a bootloop?

Enabled_modules.xml

Btw. it's much easier to press 5x hardware key during boot than manipulating files via recovery.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bflmpsvz For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift bflmpsvz Ad-Free
27th November 2017, 11:41 AM |#18  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Thank you so much! ♥
Quote:
Originally Posted by HKZync

If you enable or update an Xposed module and get stuck in a boot-loop, your options are limited. You basically just have access to recovery. I got stuck in this situation and had trouble finding out how to disable Xposed via recovery.

To disable Xposed completely from recovery,

• Boot into custom recovery
  • Go to File Manager (usually under Advanced)
  • Navigate to /data/data/de.robv.android.xposed.installer/conf/modules.list
  • Delete modules.list
  • Reboot System

The deleted file simply controls which Xposed modules are loaded on startup. Deleting the file disables all Xposed modules.

After you reboot, all of your Xposed tweaks will be disabled. To re-enable Xposed modules, simply start up the Xposed Installer app. Then go to modules and make any change. This will re-create the modules.list file that you deleted in recovery.

There might be quite a lot of people who already know but this is for the benefit of those who don't know and end up wiping data and flashing everything from scratch.

Made an account just to thank you! Saved me from having to flash my phone!
24th February 2018, 05:13 PM |#19  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
HELP! Nothing is in that file and still stuck in bootloop
18th March 2018, 07:50 AM |#20  
Thanks Meter: 10

More
Does anyone know how to disable/ uninstall a specific xposed module via recovery?
21st April 2018, 11:48 PM |#21  
Thanks Meter: 71

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaspad1710

Does anyone know how to disable/ uninstall a specific xposed module via recovery?

having troubles right now..... but it seems that

enabled_modules.xml

is promising! set value from 1 to 0 to disable module.

I used TWRP and had access to my phone with Total Commander (plugin ADB), then downloaded the .xml changed value from 1 to 0 and put it back to phone.

Check error.log in de.robv.android.xposed.installer! this might help you identifying the module that is causing trouble.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)