Remove All Ads from XDA

Cannot install any apps after installing Xposed framework (-504 error in Google Play)

27 posts
Thanks Meter: 1

By mrfreeman15, Junior Member on 9th March 2017, 11:07 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
A few days ago I posted a question about not being able to install any Xposed modules here, so far no one answered: https://forum.xda-developers.com/xpo...nning-t3567230

I thought this problem had something to do with the modules specifically, but it turns out that on my phone, for whatever reason, installing the framework subsequently prevents ALL apps from installing, even those from Google Play itself, displaying a "-504" error.

I see people have asked this question before, but are also not getting answers: https://forum.xda-developers.com/xpo...ework-t3430922

Please, if anyone has any idea of why this can be and how to fix it, let me know. Any help will be infinitely appreciated!
The Following User Says Thank You to mrfreeman15 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mrfreeman15 Ad-Free

10th March 2017, 01:14 AM |#2  
Flag Vancouver
Thanks Meter: 1,067

More
What phone and ROM are you using?
One thing you could try is to install systemless Xposed through Magisk. Then use MagiskHide to hide both root and Xposed from all Google apps and potential sources of conflict. If it's a software limitation/conflict, this may be a workaround.
Keep in mind that you will have to root your phone with Magisk rather than SuperSU or any other form of root.
10th March 2017, 02:03 AM |#3  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anova's Origin

One thing you could try is to install systemless Xposed through Magisk. Then use MagiskHide to hide both root and Xposed from all Google apps and potential sources of conflict. If it's a software limitation/conflict, this may be a workaround.
Keep in mind that you will have to root your phone with Magisk rather than SuperSU or any other form of root.

Hey, thank you for your answer!

I am using a Sony Xperia M4 Aqua E2306, rom is 26.1.A.1.112 Latin America Generic. It is rooted and with TWRP installed accroding to this thread: https://forum.xda-developers.com/m4-...guide-t3270521
I also have a locked bootloader, and it cannot be unlocked, so unfortunately that shuts the door on most rooting options.

I never heard of Magisk before, but from what I'm seeing, it looks it TWRP is required to get root with Magisk, but some kind of root is already required on my phone in order to get TWRP. So I'm not sure how to go about this.
10th March 2017, 03:22 AM |#4  
Flag Vancouver
Thanks Meter: 1,067

More
If your phone is already rooted, then you can download Magisk Manager application and have it installed it's necessary frameworks through the app itself. You won't be able to use Magisk's root, but you'll still be able to install systemless Xposed and hide it from other apps.

Edit: Ignore all of that actually, I just realized that magisk requires boot image modifications so you have to have an unlocked bootloader to use it.
10th March 2017, 11:12 PM |#5  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:

If your phone is already rooted, then you can download Magisk Manager application and have it installed it's necessary frameworks through the app itself. You won't be able to use Magisk's root, but you'll still be able to install systemless Xposed and hide it from other apps.

Edit: Ignore all of that actually, I just realized that magisk requires boot image modifications so you have to have an unlocked bootloader to use it.

Oh well, thanks anyway. I might try it anyways, maybe it will work, you never know. Don't have much to lose at this point
11th March 2017, 09:22 AM |#6  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Gothenburg
Thanks Meter: 4,560

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

FIY Magisk cannot hide Xposed...
2nd April 2017, 04:13 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I also facing these problem on my rooted Asus zenfone 2 (ze550ml 2gb ram version, Stock ROM, bootloader unlocked) and Asus Zenpad C 7 (p01y, stock rom, bootloader unlocked). The xposed firmware (version 86) is successfully install but can't install any apps from play store and using apk...
I really hope that dev team can solve it.....

Sorry for any grammatical mistakes....
29th August 2017, 08:46 AM |#8  

More
The only way is to flash the firmware
29th November 2017, 10:38 AM |#9  

More
I'm getting the same problem on my LG G4 with v88.2 of Xposed :/
11th March 2018, 10:10 PM |#10  
Flag 5th Dimention
Thanks Meter: 5

More
I don't Know if this is too late,but I also have this problem. But there is a work around, go into the xposed installer and turn the switch off so its disabled on the next boot. rebot the device and exposed and its modules are disabled, allowing you to install apps from play store and downloaded .apk files... it would still be nice to install applications while its still on.

Sent from my LG-K550 using XDA Labs
12th March 2018, 10:24 AM |#11  

More
I had this issue on my LGG3. This happens when you have Lucky Patcher enabled in your xposed modules. Disabling it (Lucky Patcher) should solve the problem.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)