Remove All Ads from XDA
Honor 7x
Win an Honor 7X!

[UNOFFICIAL] Material Design Xposed Installer [31/10/17]

440 posts
Thanks Meter: 3,387

By DVDandroid, Senior Member on 1st June 2015, 11:05 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Announcement from DVDandroid: News about this Xposed Installer!
12th October 2017, 06:52 PM |#2371  
Thanks Meter: 67

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lahceneamine

It seems to be with the new version :
/data/data/de.robv.android.xposed.installer/shared_prefs/enabled_modules.xml

Instead of :
/data/data/de.robv.android.xposed.installer/conf/enabled_modules.list

I'm gonna try to do a bind / simlink and see what happens.

symlinking isn't enough. as you see, the new list is a xml file, the old one a text file. you have to write the package name of the apps which doesn't work in the enabled_modules.list I suppose.

12th October 2017, 09:49 PM |#2372  
Thanks Meter: 99

More
Non of the closed modules were working after flashing the official exposed for nougat. Everything was fine with the unofficial version. Got it fixed by using the officail installer by rovo89. Anyone else having this issue? If anyone can tell me a fix or confirm that its working, I'd unisntall it and install this installer as I always preferred this.
12th October 2017, 10:29 PM |#2373  
Flag Bansk√° Bystrica, Slovakia
Thanks Meter: 1,608

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by waleeds1

Non of the closed modules were working after flashing the official exposed for nougat. Everything was fine with the unofficial version. Got it fixed by using the officail installer by rovo89. Anyone else having this issue? If anyone can tell me a fix or confirm that its working, I'd unisntall it and install this installer as I always preferred this.

Did you tried this version?
https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho...postcount=2312
12th October 2017, 11:02 PM |#2374  
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 4,864

More
Quote:

It seems to be with the new version :
/data/data/de.robv.android.xposed.installer/shared_prefs/enabled_modules.xml

Instead of :
/data/data/de.robv.android.xposed.installer/conf/enabled_modules.list

I'm gonna try to do a bind / simlink and see what happens.

Actually Xposed still reads the modules from a modules.list file but with the introduction of a new file encryption system in N the path got changed to

/data/user_de/0/de.robv.android.xposed.installer/conf/modules.list

The shared_prefs are only used by the installer to quickly determine which modules in the list are activated or not, it doesn't get read by Xposed.

The magisk version still tries to read the config file from the old path (which may still be there from the old installer version) instead of the new path, leading to the described behavior of only some modules working (the previously activated ones).
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MrWasdennnoch For This Useful Post: [ View ]
12th October 2017, 11:08 PM |#2375  
Thanks Meter: 99

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ja_som

Did you tried this version?
https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho...postcount=2312

I updated the installer from the update prompt in the app, before going for the official nougat installation
12th October 2017, 11:12 PM |#2376  
Flag Algiers
Thanks Meter: 233

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWasdennnoch

Actually Xposed still reads the modules from a modules.list file but with the introduction of a new file encryption system in N the path got changed to

The shared_prefs are only used by the installer to quickly determine which modules in the list are activated or not, it doesn't get read by Xposed.

The magisk version still tries to read the config file from the old path (which may still be there from the old installer version) instead of the new path, leading to the described behavior of only some modules working (the previously activated ones).

And there's nothing we can do about it know that the dev is not willing to update his module (unicon) ?
13th October 2017, 06:42 AM |#2377  
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 4,864

More
Quote:

And there's nothing we can do about it know that the dev is not willing to update his module (unicon) ?

It's not related to the modules themselves but where Xposed searches for the module list to load the modules (unless I'm missing something and that module tries to read it as well).
13th October 2017, 09:52 AM |#2378  
Thanks Meter: 231

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWasdennnoch

in N the path got changed to

Thank you!

Now this is the new path: "/data/user_de/0/de.robv.android.xposed.installer/conf/"

---------- Post added at 09:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:19 AM ----------

Hi @demonoidmaster,

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonoidmaster

There's no reason to disable magisk or xposed when an xposed module is faulty.

This is your opinion. And I respect.
However, my opinion is quite different: If your phone doesn't boot (because a bootloop) you don't really know the cause. So booting in pure Stock disabling Magisk (that disables all extensions) is the most simple and direct solution. Futhermore, to disable it you don't delete anything, only create a "disable" file... so all can be undone.

Quote:

Plain and simple, someone even attached a zip that you can flash that basically does what i said before, why do you want to overcomplicate things, nobody cares if you can't disable xposed modules whenever magisk is disabled or xposed is disabled, the only thing that makes them xposed modules enabled is a file, you don't need to disable magisk, you don't need to disable xposed, how hard is that to comprehend?

I have a similar file for touching the disable Magisk file. So it's not overcomplicate.
And @rovo and @DVDandroid cares about enable/disable Xposed modules when the framework is disabled. Why then do they include the support in their Installer?
It's really hard to comprehend that my only request is to check not only if the Xposed framework is disabled by the "native" "disabled" file but for the Magisk module "disable" as well?

Quote:

1. I use xposed as a magisk module.
2. No you don't? Deleting the enabled modules list doesn't magically make your installed modules vanish from your xposed manager list, it simply disables them all, they'll all be there once you open the manager after you boot up

1. Great! Then try almost one time to disable Magisk with TWRP!
2. When you delete this file you lost the list of modules active... or you don't have some of your modules deactivated but installed?

In any case: I know your position. And I respect it. However, please let other people to work in a different way. I prefer to disable Magisk and I like to see at some time full support for Xposed as Magisk Module. Nothing more.

Regards.

---------- Post added at 09:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:31 AM ----------

Hi,

If you need a ZIP file for touch the Magisk disabler file (aka "Magisk Disabler") in TWRP, then you can download it from here:
https://www.sendspace.com/file/2dw5a7

Regards!
15th October 2017, 01:11 AM |#2379  
Thanks Meter: 181

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by manos78

When you delete this file you lost the list of modules active... or you don't have some of your modules deactivated but installed?

It doesn't delete modules, the file is used by xposed, when it finds those it boots any module added to the list in the file, no file = xposed assumes they are not active thus = they will not be loaded on boot
15th October 2017, 05:00 AM |#2380  
Flag Rio de Janeiro
Thanks Meter: 289

More
Error

10-14 23:57:21.356 I/XposedInstaller( 9754): RepoLoader -> Downloaded http://dl.xposed.info/repo/partial/12999.xml.gz with status 2 (error: Downloading http://dl.xposed.info/repo/partial/12999.xml.gz failed: connect timed out), size 0 bytes
15th October 2017, 09:31 AM |#2381  
Thanks Meter: 231

More
Quote:

It doesn't delete modules

Sure! It deletes the list of active modules.

Quote:

, the file is used by xposed, when it finds those it boots any module added to the list in the file, no file = xposed assumes they are not active thus = they will not be loaded on boot

So, when you delete this file, and you have, for example 10 installed Xposed modules and 5 active... You need to manually re-activate the list of active modules. And which are previously activated? You lost this info when you delete this file. So delete this file isn't the best way for "disable" the Xposed Framework. This is the reason for the "disabled" file... introduced by Rovo; and also included in Magisk (for disable Magisk and individual modules).

Please, stop to comment your way for working with Xposed. Other users are using a different way. Your way can be right for you... and our way is right for us.

My request is quite simple: Add support in the Xposed Installer for Xposed as a Magisk module, when the module is disabled. Nothing more.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
lollipop, marshmallow, material design, xposed

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)