Remove All Ads from XDA

[UNOFFICIAL] Material Design Xposed Installer [25/12/17]

445 posts
Thanks Meter: 3,592

By DVDandroid, Senior Member on 1st June 2015, 10:05 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Announcement from DVDandroid: News about this Xposed Installer!
24th July 2018, 02:15 PM |#2631  
Flag Banja Luka RS
Thanks Meter: 2,462

More
Thank you !

Sent from my SM-G955F using XDA Labs

24th July 2018, 07:08 PM |#2632  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Upstate New York
Thanks Meter: 4,225

Donate to Me
More
I just wanted to let those, who are having downloading issues for the apk files, know that i just submitted an issue on the Github location for @DVDandroid regarding this and asked if he could provide alternative download locations on Github (or elsewhere like AFH).

This is a practice that I try to use for as many of my developments that I can and hopefully DVDandroid will also do the same.

If he responds on Github and not here, I'll spread the news regarding his response here.

Thank you very much for your time and understanding!

Let's keep our fingers crossed...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I DO NOT provide support via PM unless asked/requested by myself. PLEASE keep it in the threads where everyone can share.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ibuprophen For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Ibuprophen Ad-Free
24th July 2018, 07:48 PM |#2633  
OP Senior Member
Flag Puglia
Thanks Meter: 3,592

More
Hi! It's been a while since I updated this. I know that there are problems with APK downloads.
Here's a mirror.

I'm not updating this app anymore. I was busy with school exams that I recently finished.
Furthermore, my old Nexus 5 died and now I'm using a s...ty Samsung: no root, no substratum, no Xposed, no AOSP rom, no custom rom: nothing.
I'm using it as stock device, I've haven't applied any mods, I'm waiting a Lineage or a fully functional AOSP ROM for my a5y17lte.

Thanks for supporting me!
The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to DVDandroid For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift DVDandroid Ad-Free
24th July 2018, 08:34 PM |#2634  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Upstate New York

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DVDandroid

Hi! It's been a while since I updated this. I know that there are problems with APK downloads...........

Thank you very much for your valuable contributions to the XDA community (and BEYOND!).

I wish you the BEST of luck in your studies and, hopefully, you will eventually pick up this project again! :thumbup:

I am not extremely knowledgeable with XPosed developments and, currently, only have a "Working Knowledge" but, maybe I'll look into Forking your development and see if i can (possibly) continue it's development. Hmm.......

Please keep in touch in the XDA Community from time to time My Friend!

_____
EDIT #1: I had almost forgotten...

This is to everyone regarding the Github issue i had mentioned...

https://github.com/DVDAndroid/Xposed...ler/issues/195

On the above issue, @DVDandroid had also given the permission to keep my AFH link posted in the thread as an "If All Else Fails" resort to obtain a copy of his XPosed Installer apk files.

Of course this will remain (and i have no problem for members to share the link as well) until/unless @DVDandroid asked otherwise to remove the following AFH Link.

https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=279535

EDIT #2: I had just updated the AFH link i had provided (on both posts).

This was only to help distinguish which ones are the latest releases. The AFH link now reflects the 2 apk's and a directory folder for the previous releases.

I hope this makes it easier for everyone...

Now you have the Downloads tab on this thread, the Mega link provided by @DVDandroid (located on the OP) and, as the 3rd option, the AFH link.

Thank you ALL for your time and understanding!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I DO NOT provide support via PM unless asked/requested by myself. PLEASE keep it in the threads where everyone can share.
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Ibuprophen For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Ibuprophen Ad-Free
25th July 2018, 04:54 PM |#2635  
Thanks Meter: 190

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DVDandroid

Hi! It's been a while since I updated this. I know that there are problems with APK downloads.
Here's a mirror.

I'm not updating this app anymore. I was busy with school exams that I recently finished.
Furthermore, my old Nexus 5 died and now I'm using a s...ty Samsung: no root, no substratum, no Xposed, no AOSP rom, no custom rom: nothing.
I'm using it as stock device, I've haven't applied any mods, I'm waiting a Lineage or a fully functional AOSP ROM for my a5y17lte.

Thanks for supporting me!

Thanks for been a great help you are wonderful. I do appreciate you.
Secondly. Are u sure Google not buying you.? Cos most of the respected Dev on xda are now dropping project.
25th July 2018, 05:24 PM |#2636  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Upstate New York

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by folusmile

..... Secondly. Are u sure Google not buying you.? Cos most of the respected Dev on xda are now dropping project......

I can't state anything on DVDandroid's behalf but, I doubt that this was the case at all.

After my issue was submitted in Github, regarding the last few posts, I believe that it was a little bell that rang for him (hopefully not too loud... LOL!) that had made him realize that he had, inadvertently, lost touch with the forum and the project when he had to take care of some things in his personal life.

I'm hoping that he is just going on a little hiatus (holiday, vacation, etc...) from the project and may be back to pick up the project again (keeping my fingers crossed).

Also, where would you have gotten the idea about Google buying developments out? LMAO!

I do know that Microsoft purchased Github for a ton of money... There goes Github... :banghead:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ibuprophen For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Ibuprophen Ad-Free
1st August 2018, 01:39 PM |#2637  
Thanks Meter: 33

More
Can you create better version for Oreo? I have many crash when I searching and downloading modules. Cheers.

Sent from Redemi 4X, Qualcomm arm64 (CrDroid 4.4 based on OS 8.1.0)

---------- Post added at 12:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:33 PM ----------

Och sorry, now I see new beta version on AFH for this system. I try it.

---------- Post added at 12:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:37 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibuprophen

Thank you very much for your valuable contributions to the XDA community (and BEYOND!).

I wish you the BEST of luck in your studies and, hopefully, you will eventually pick up this project again!

I am not extremely knowledgeable with XPosed developments and, currently, only have a "Working Knowledge" but, maybe I'll look into Forking your development and see if i can (possibly) continue it's development. Hmm.......

Please keep in touch in the XDA Community from time to time My Friend!

_____
EDIT #1: I had almost forgotten...

This is to everyone regarding the Github issue i had mentioned...

https://github.com/DVDAndroid/Xposed...ler/issues/195

On the above issue, @DVDandroid had also given the permission to keep my AFH link posted in the thread as an "If All Else Fails" resort to obtain a copy of his XPosed Installer apk files.

Of course this will remain (and i have no problem for members to share the link as well) until/unless @DVDandroid asked otherwise to remove the following AFH Link.

https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=279535

EDIT #2: I had just updated the AFH link i had provided (on both posts).

This was only to help distinguish which ones are the latest releases. The AFH link now reflects the 2 apk's and a directory folder for the previous releases.

I hope this makes it easier for everyone...

Now you have the Downloads tab on this thread, the Mega link provided by @DVDandroid (located on the OP) and, as the 3rd option, the AFH link.

Thank you ALL for your time and understanding!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Test version number 2 was very good for Oreo. Thx.

The Following User Says Thank You to Robert342 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Robert342 Ad-Free
1st August 2018, 04:50 PM |#2638  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Upstate New York

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert342

....... Test version number 2 was very good for Oreo. Thx........

I just wanted to let you and everyone else know the following...

I would like to clarify that the following 3 apk's are exactly the same but, just labeled a touch differently solely for clarification purposes (of course all 3 are developed by @DVDandroid):

Apk specifically from the Downloads area of this thread: "XposedInstaller_by_dvdandroid_test2.apk"

Apk specifically from DVDandroid's mirror link: "XposedInstaller_by_dvdandroid_test2_oreo.apk"

Apk specifically from the AFH link: "XposedInstaller_by_dvdandroid_18_01_18_test2_oreo. apk"

I repeat... those 3 apk's are exactly the same and just labeled differently for clarification purposes.

Thank you all very much for your time and understanding with this.

Enjoy!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ibuprophen For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Ibuprophen Ad-Free
1st August 2018, 10:05 PM |#2639  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Good
Cool
13th August 2018, 05:39 AM |#2640  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibuprophen

I just wanted to let you and everyone else know the following...

I would like to clarify that the following 3 apk's are exactly the same but, just labeled a touch differently solely for clarification purposes (of course all 3 are developed by @DVDandroid):

Apk specifically from the Downloads area of this thread: "XposedInstaller_by_dvdandroid_test2.apk"

Apk specifically from DVDandroid's mirror link: "XposedInstaller_by_dvdandroid_test2_oreo.apk"

Apk specifically from the AFH link: "XposedInstaller_by_dvdandroid_18_01_18_test2_oreo .apk"

I repeat... those 3 apk's are exactly the same and just labeled differently for clarification purposes.

Thank you all very much for your time and understanding with this.

Enjoy!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thanks for all your help but where do we go from here?
13th August 2018, 05:13 PM |#2641  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Upstate New York

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nansah

Thanks for all your help but where do we go from here?

To the padded room in a straight jacket... LOL!

It looks like that this development was last left off where Rovo89 had last left off.

To briefly elaborate...

The Material Design XPosed Installer is updated based upon Rovo89's updates to his Installer app.

So the Material Design Installer labeled Test 2 (Oreo) was based upon Rovo89's XPosed Installer v3.1.5 release.

Even if @DVDandroid is still continuing the development, i don't believe that anything new can be done until @rovo89 updates his installer app.

I'm still not sure even if I can continue this development on my own because I'm pretty much stretched thin as it is now with the various Developments/Projects that I've got on my plate (for both Android and Windows OS).

I can't state this for certain yet because there really is nowhere to go without any updates from Rovo89 but, if Rovo89 had released an update to his installer app today, my plate is pretty full and would be more of a burden on myself to make it definite.

I'm just going to play it by ear, for the time being, and see if I could continue this app when the time comes.

I hope that I had explained this okay via text...

Sent from my SM-G900V using The ClaRetoX Forum App
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Ibuprophen For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Ibuprophen Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
lollipop, marshmallow, material design, xposed

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)