Remove All Ads from XDA

[UNOFFICIAL] Material Design Xposed Installer [18/05/19]

451 posts
Thanks Meter: 3,726

By DVDandroid, Senior Member on 1st June 2015, 11:05 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Announcement from DVDandroid: News about this Xposed Installer!
29th December 2019, 08:01 PM |#2781  
Thanks Meter: 24

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by coldgin_

Hi, your Magisk is outdated.
Please update it to the latest version, reboot and then reinstall riru and edxposed.
Regards.

Yeah, I know Magisk is outdated - There were some issues reported with v20.^ and the Tab S6 so I haven't updated it yet - I assumed it wouldn't make a difference to EdXposed since the other guy I mentioned is running v19.3 and his is working fine. The only difference between him and me that I could notice was that he was running an older Kernel? Would that make a difference?

I'll give the updating Magisk a shot too though. Thanks.

Edit : Updating Magisk to v20.1 didn't solve the issue.
The Following User Says Thank You to bartleby999 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift bartleby999 Ad-Free
29th December 2019, 09:00 PM |#2782  
Buenos Aires
Thanks Meter: 283

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bartleby999

Edit : Updating Magisk to v20.1 didn't solve the issue.

Try using edxposed installer instead of dvdandroid 's one.

Read detailed instructions in edxposed module' s description, in Magisk. That installer is specifically made for edxposed, dvd's one was made for original xposed and might not work correctly with newer versions of edxposed.

Regards.
The Following User Says Thank You to coldgin_ For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift coldgin_ Ad-Free
29th December 2019, 09:31 PM |#2783  

More
Quote:

Try using edxposed installer instead of dvdandroid 's one.

Read detailed instructions in edxposed module' s description, in Magisk. That installer is specifically made for edxposed, dvd's one was made for original xposed and might not work correctly with newer versions of edxposed.

Regards.

Aw man, I'm so stupid. I assumed they were the same app since the interface looked exactly the same. Ok, I've installed the app I was supposed to install and it says the framework is installed, but not active? I have rebooted but it's still the same.

There is an error at the bottom, I'm not sure if relevant, but it says... "Could not detect Verified Boot state"?

Thanks for the help - I appreciate it.
The Following User Says Thank You to bartleby999 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift bartleby999 Ad-Free
29th December 2019, 09:53 PM |#2784  
Buenos Aires
Thanks Meter: 283

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bartleby999

Aw man, I'm so stupid. I assumed they were the same app since the interface looked exactly the same. Ok, I've installed the app I was supposed to install and it says the framework is installed, but not active? I have rebooted but it's still the same.

There is an error at the bottom, I'm not sure if relevant, but it says... "Could not detect Verified Boot state"?

Thanks for the help - I appreciate it.

Hi, try the following : go to twrp and wipe dalvik and cache.
Then install in edxposed installer one xposed module, enable it, reboot and see if it works. Install an edxposed compatible module, not every xposed modules work with edxposed. The modules I'm using are minminguard and exi for swittkey, both working as expected. I'm using Yahfa edxposed, it's more stable than sandhook in my experience, although sandhook is better in performance terms. Use whatever is better for you.

Regards.
The Following User Says Thank You to coldgin_ For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift coldgin_ Ad-Free
29th December 2019, 10:45 PM |#2785  

More
Quote:

Then install in edxposed installer one xposed module, enable it, reboot and see if it works. Install an edxposed compatible module, not every xposed modules work with edxposed. The modules I'm using are minminguard and exi for swittkey, both working as expected. I'm using Yahfa edxposed, it's more stable than sandhook in my experience, although sandhook is better in performance terms. Use whatever is better for you.

Regards.

Wiped dalvic, cache (and I think Data). Got bootloop. FML. 🤦*♂️

Reinstalled stock. Threw myself out window.
30th December 2019, 01:05 PM |#2786  

More
Quote:

Regards.

Ok, after reinstalling stock, TWRP and root - I've managed to restore my backup. Now I've installed Yafta, Riru and (the correct) EdExposed apk - Now EdExposed is installed on the system correctly. So, thank you very much for your help, coldgin. I appreciate it very much.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
lollipop, marshmallow, material design, noad, xposed

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)