FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Advanced Power Menu+ (APM+)

465 posts
Thanks Meter: 784

By kennethso168, Senior Member on 9th August 2014, 03:31 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Announcement from kennethso168: Development and support of this module has been discontinued!
Development and support for this module has been discontinued!

This app requires Android 4.0+. Also, you must have root and Xposed module installed in order to use this app.

Advanced Power Menu+ is an Xposed Module which allows you to customize various aspects of your power menu. It works on a myriad of devices, including AOSP, Xperia, and TouchWiz ROMs.

Features
Customize menu items
  • Freely add, remove and reorder power menu items
  • Custom advanced reboot option - A dedicate first-level option for rebooting device, soft rebooting device, rebooting into recovery and bootloader
  • Screenshot function
  • Quick dial - call a predefined number directly from the power menu
  • Toggle mobile data and/or Wi-Fi from your power menu
  • Turn on flashlight (Torch) from your power menu

Anti-theft Helper
Note: Actual effect of anti-theft is NOT guaranteed.
  • Stop anyone from turning off your phone, enabling airplane mode, etc. when the device is locked by hiding any power menu items when the device is locked. In this way no one can stop device trackers like Android Device Manager from locating your phone by turning off the phone, disabling mobile data and so on(removable battery not taken into account)
  • Show a warning to deter thieves.
  • Fake Power Off - When you have this option enabled, trick your thieves by "apparently" turn off the phone, but the phone leaves running so you can still track the device (various options and strategies available for fine tuning the effect. Result may vary on different devices)
  • Password protection - Lock power menu items and/or the app itself with a password. Apart from thieves, it is also ideal when your phone is on display.

Theme
  • 4 different set of icons to match the theme of your ROM. More coming soon.
  • Modify stock icons too!
  • High quality mdpi-xxhdpi icons

Screenshots

Refer to Google Play/Xposed Installer for more screenshots

Requirements
Xposed framework: http://forum.xda-developers.com/xpos...gelog-t2714053
Root option (optional for some more "authentic" implementations of fake power off)

Compatibility
This module is targeted towards AOSP ROMs. Also tested for Xperia ROMs. Other manufacturer-specific custom ROMs should work well too, but compatibility varies from device for device. A nandroid backup is recommended before installing this module.

Help and FAQ
http://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/2...plus/help.html

Permissions
Take pictures and videos: for toggling the flashlight
Prevent phone from sleeping: for keeping the flashlight on and simulate screen off for some fake power off implementations
Modify system settings: for carrying out various fake power off features
In-app billing: for donations

Special Thanks and Open-Source Licenses
(http://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/2...lus/thank.html)

EULA
Once you use this software, you agree to the end-user license (http://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/2...mplus/eula.txt)

XDA:DevDB Information
Advanced Power Menu+ (APM+), Xposed for all devices (see above for details)

Contributors
kennethso168, Tungstwenty, M1cha, CamberCreak, Roman Nurik, Guenther Beyer, Jeff Gilfelt, Jérôme Van Der Linden, Stacy David Wallingford, Guanaco77, Gabriele Mariotti, rovo89, C3C076, Android developers
Xposed Package Name: hk.kennethso168.xposed.apmplus

Version Information
Current Stable Version: 12.3
Stable Release Date: 2014-12-23

Created 2014-08-09
Last Updated 2016-06-11
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	device-2014-07-29-225511_compressed.png
Views:	19146
Size:	239.4 KB
ID:	2890628   Click image for larger version

Name:	device-2014-07-29-225911_compressed.png
Views:	19324
Size:	179.0 KB
ID:	2890629   Click image for larger version

Name:	device-2014-07-29-234753_compressed.png
Views:	19111
Size:	161.0 KB
ID:	2890630   Click image for larger version

Name:	DbB3MUL.png
Views:	12410
Size:	141.6 KB
ID:	3179914   Click image for larger version

Name:	rJMnD5o.png
Views:	11764
Size:	198.0 KB
ID:	3179915   Click image for larger version

Name:	aoi4VPM.png
Views:	11234
Size:	196.3 KB
ID:	3179916  
The Following 84 Users Say Thank You to kennethso168 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift kennethso168 Ad-Free
9th August 2014, 03:31 PM |#2  
OP Senior Member
Flag Hong Kong

More
Reserved
EULA
Once you use this software, you agree to the end-user license (http://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/2...mplus/eula.txt)

Downloads
Xposed Repo

Google Play
(You need to be a member of the APM+ Google+ group and follow the instructions to be a beta tester)

If you like this module, please press thanks in this thread. You can also consider a donation. Thank you.

Suggest/Vote for new features
Trello APM+ board

Translations
The strings.xml of this app is available here. If you'd like to translate the app, you can send the translated strings.xml to me. Thank you very much for your contribution.

This project is the successor of the Advanced Power Menu(APM)
http://forum.xda-developers.com/xpos...theft-t2594642
The Following 23 Users Say Thank You to kennethso168 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift kennethso168 Ad-Free
9th August 2014, 04:44 PM |#4  
Inactive Recognized Developer / Retired Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter: 8,917

More
From your EULA:
Quote:

2. Restrictions on Use
[…] You shall not decompile, reverse engineer, disassemble, include in other software, or translate the Software, or use the Software for any commercial purposes, unless the Owner has authorized you to do so. […]

You want me to install and use an Xposed module (that can literally do anything), but you're forbidding me from checking it actually does what it's supposed to do (and not hooking into other apps to do who knows what).

If you don't want to open source your module, please do reconsider your EULA (though I doubt that's actually legally binding anywhere, unless you get your users to sign a written copy before installing your module).
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GermainZ For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift GermainZ Ad-Free
10th August 2014, 03:40 AM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Hong Kong

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by GermainZ

From your EULA:

You want me to install and use an Xposed module (that can literally do anything), but you're forbidding me from checking it actually does what it's supposed to do (and not hooking into other apps to do who knows what).

If you don't want to open source your module, please do reconsider your EULA (though I doubt that's actually legally binding anywhere, unless you get your users to sign a written copy before installing your module).

Not allowing one to decompile the module is not my original intention. This is just a result of some templates. I'll delete this clause anyway.
And you can look for the legality of EULA on Wikipedia.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to kennethso168 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift kennethso168 Ad-Free
11th August 2014, 03:16 PM |#6  
Flag Macau
Thanks Meter: 13

More
Hi, I see that you has removed the "do not buy donation package" since this update, does it means I can buy the package right now or should I still wait until the final version? What functions had added to the pro key?

Sent from my Nexus 5
12th August 2014, 12:28 PM |#7  
OP Senior Member
Flag Hong Kong

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fei0316

Hi, I see that you has removed the "do not buy donation package" since this update, does it means I can buy the package right now or should I still wait until the final version? What functions had added to the pro key?

Sent from my Nexus 5

Yes you can buy the items now.
I've tested the in-app billing according to Google's provided testing method (test purchases and static response)http://developer.android.com/google/...g_testing.html. I've also done a real purchase using another Google account owned by me (that Test So in alpha testing group). The "do not buy donation package" is removed after completing the above tests.
Recently a few users have also bought the pro key (real purchases). And they have not reported back any problems. So I think you can buy the package right now.
If the buy button doesn't turn into "bought" then the transaction maybe problematic and you can ask for a refund. (EDIT: you may need to wait a while every time you open the dialog as it needs time to load the purchase status from Google Play)
And currently I haven't added any pro features! However I've already planned to add a few pro features in the future. So stay tuned.
The Following User Says Thank You to kennethso168 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift kennethso168 Ad-Free
12th August 2014, 04:34 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
This module have a force close when I chose theme on my miro please fix it
GuestK0036
12th August 2014, 04:43 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mo30

This module have a force close when I chose theme on my miro please fix it

If you want the developer provide a fix for your issue please send him a logat: download Logcat Extreme > reproduce your FC > open app > go to Per-app logcat tab > select APM+ > save log and send it on this thread.
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Ad-Free
12th August 2014, 05:18 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Ok where is logcat
12th August 2014, 06:12 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 1,170

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mo30

Ok where is logcat

Refer to the above post. He/she tells you exactly how to do it.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)