FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

AOD Customizer Module [UPDATE: 6.22.18 v1.0.1]

7,774 posts
Thanks Meter: 5,300

By elesbb, Senior Member on 8th March 2018, 05:27 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
This is a simple yet cool module to customize the AOD Display on the Galaxy S7. Only S7 is supported currently because that is the phone that I currently own and can test with.

Whats it do?

As of 3.8.18:
- Allows for a text label to be displayed below the icon. This text label is of the "title" parameter from the notification itself. If the notification uses a "RemoteViews" layout, then the "title" parameter will be empty and no label is shown. It works great with Textra SMS and Snapchat to show who they are from. I can customize each notification per app but need a list of apps to further support.
- The text label is fully customizable, text color, size, and maximum width are fully adjustable.

UPDATE: 6.22.18
- Added a crap ton of stuff.. See screenshots

To Do:
- I might add long press on icon to clear notification (if this is possible, I think it is though.) <- Not possible
- Also, possibility for full customization of the clock and positioning of everything. As of now, the defaults are fine with me personally <- Still thinking about this, might make it so you can literally make your own
- Music controls always on bottom of display (maybe) <- Moved to below notifications due to reasons

Screenshots

Downlod:
http://repo.xposed.info/module/com.elesbb.aodcustomizer
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to elesbb For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift elesbb Ad-Free

8th March 2018, 05:27 PM |#2  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Screenshots

Click image for larger version

Name:	aodmod.jpg
Views:	1292
Size:	165.0 KB
ID:	4443508
8th March 2018, 05:28 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
reserved2
10th March 2018, 02:15 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 22

More
s8+
10th March 2018, 02:44 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 12

More
Hi

I have an s7 (SM-G930F) but with the AOD layout I have... the text is almost completely gone.

For ideas you can maybe look at:
https://forum.xda-developers.com/s7-...yxmod-t3410719
All I miss is the grouping of same notification. For example: I loved too see the Facebook-notification-icon with just the number of notifications below that. Instead of like 4 separate notifications-icons.
And maybe how it could add a picture to any AOD layout.
11th March 2018, 03:35 AM |#6  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MINTED7

s8+

Does the module not work on your phone? I actually have the S8 apk installed on my phone because it looks better. Can you try the module? If you already did, can you give me the xposed log and screenshot of the aod display?

Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by maumaus

Hi

I have an s7 (SM-G930F) but with the AOD layout I have... the text is almost completely gone.

For ideas you can maybe look at:
https://forum.xda-developers.com/s7-...yxmod-t3410719
All I miss is the grouping of same notification. For example: I loved too see the Facebook-notification-icon with just the number of notifications below that. Instead of like 4 separate notifications-icons.
And maybe how it could add a picture to any AOD layout.

Hmm, my layout did that the first time too, but I fixed. Can you send me your aodservice apk? Also sorry for the "PIZZA TIME" that was my default if a title couldn't be retrieved xD I thought I got rid of it, guess not xD.

As for the grouping, I saw in the code, there seems to already be a method there. I will see why its disabled but I can always add my own.

But what I am understanding - 5 people message you via Facebook messenger, you want one icon (the apps default notification icon) with how many notifications that app has below it? I can do that, thats quite easy. I prefer having all 5 expanded with the names, so I can reply to one. Would you also like an "expanded view" option? Say you double click on the icon, and a new window pops up with the individual notifications present? Or maybe a triple click, or even a swipe down gesture?

Replacing image is no problem, just know that it will consume battery faster when a non black and white image is present.
11th March 2018, 10:38 AM |#7  
Flag Hong Kong
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Hope you can add s8 support someday, it looks kinda cool
11th March 2018, 06:23 PM |#8  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by simonliex3

Hope you can add s8 support someday, it looks kinda cool

What is not working? I need more info than this.. an xposed log would be helpful too.
11th March 2018, 07:15 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 91

More
Working for galaxy a5 2017 as well
11th March 2018, 07:53 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 22

More
ok it works on s8+.
12th March 2018, 09:53 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 46

Donate to Me
More
Thanks for this great module!

Suggestion for future function: add a second or even third line of notification icons instead of the plus sign on stock.

My device is s8+.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)