I'm very glad to share my first trial of development which ran successfully for me and hope this will be useful for the rest.
I'm a big fan of a few chinese apps (baidu cloud, weiyun). Previously I was able to decompose and translate these apks to english until vendors injected apk signature validations into their apps. I even used these apps in foreign language but the experience were annoying. So I decided to translate these apps with some development. Eventually I came across resXploit by WisdomSky which give me a clue and I started this and it works .
Basically resOverloader overloads strings.xml file for any apk (application). Source code is hosted on github for other devs to incorporate other resources as well. I'm not experienced dev and sharing this here for others and further development.
How to setup
- Extract strings.xml from your target apk using apktool. read more
- Translate strings.xml to your language. (I had developed a tool for it and would share it later)
- Now create resOverloader folder in sdcard.
- Find your app full qualified name in applications under settings and create a folder with app full name. (eg. com.baidu.netdisk)
- Now copy the translated strings.xml to app folder inside resOverloader.
- Restart your phone and it is done.
Hope this will help starters and requesting experience devs to add arrays.xml to this.
2.0 : rebuilt with targetSDK 14 and it should work for 2.2+ now. pls confirm.
Thank you for reading... Cheers.