Handy in situations where there's a (non wifi) connection, but some app won't do its thing unless it's on wifi. (android running in virtual machine / emulator, 3g but no wifi around, usb 3g modem connection, usb reverse tethering ...)
This means you can for instance access wifi-only features while on 3g.
If you're used to iOS, it's the android equivalent of 3g Unrestrictor or My3G.
Tested on Android KitKat 4.4.2, play store and many others working over ppp !
Lollipop support (beta)
For android 5.0+ try v1.9 (thanks pyler)
- Just be safe, backup your ROM.
- Install Xposed Framework:
- Get installer from repo.xposed.info
- Open Xposed Installer->Framework->Install
- Install FakeWifiConnection.apk
- Open Xposed Installer->Modules, tick FakeWifiConnection
How to use
No app is faked by default.
Open FakeWifiConnection app to enable/disable hack (master switch) and select which apps to fake. Changes take effect immediately (background apps need a reboot).
- Try just faking the app you're interested in first.
- If that doesn't work then try faking everything, save and reboot:
Some apps use other apps/services internally, which might need faking as well. For example many games use Google Play Services. Usually you can find out by looking at the logs (see debugging) see what tasks get activated while the app is running.
- Click [Thanks] button
- Project's working for you ? Have something cool to report ? Post your story !
- Useful feedback about an app that's not working is very valuable !
it could well be that this app needs a tweak that's not there yet, and once it's added not only this app will work but also all the other apps that rely on the same mechanism.
If you find your favorite app doesn't work here's what you can do:
- report it if it's not mentioned already. Describe what happens, how/what doesn't work. Give details about your setup, especially if it's something unusual (android version ...)
- contact me with information on how to replicate the problem (app setup, account/login i can use if one is needed, ...)
at the very least i need access to the apk (consider donating if it's a paid app)
- Make a donation
Xposed module page and project page on github.
rovo89 for awesome Xposed Framework !
UI code by hamzahrmalik.