FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[MOD][Xposed] Fake Wifi Connection [1.7]

49 posts
Thanks Meter: 113

By lemonsqueeze, Member on 30th June 2014, 05:35 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
This module makes android apps believe Wifi is connected.

Handy in situations where there's a (non wifi) connection, but some app won't do its thing unless it's on wifi. (android running in virtual machine / emulator, 3g but no wifi around, usb 3g modem connection, usb reverse tethering ...)

This means you can for instance access wifi-only features while on 3g.
If you're used to iOS, it's the android equivalent of 3g Unrestrictor or My3G.

Tested on Android KitKat 4.4.2, play store and many others working over ppp !

Lollipop support (beta)
For android 5.0+ try v1.9 (thanks pyler)

Installation
  • Just be safe, backup your ROM.
  • Install Xposed Framework:
  • Get installer from repo.xposed.info
  • Open Xposed Installer->Framework->Install
  • Reboot
  • Install FakeWifiConnection.apk
  • Open Xposed Installer->Modules, tick FakeWifiConnection
  • Reboot

How to use

No app is faked by default.
Open FakeWifiConnection app to enable/disable hack (master switch) and select which apps to fake. Changes take effect immediately (background apps need a reboot).
  • Try just faking the app you're interested in first.
  • If that doesn't work then try faking everything, save and reboot:
    Some apps use other apps/services internally, which might need faking as well. For example many games use Google Play Services. Usually you can find out by looking at the logs (see debugging) see what tasks get activated while the app is running.

Contribute !
  • Click [Thanks] button
  • Project's working for you ? Have something cool to report ? Post your story !
  • Useful feedback about an app that's not working is very valuable !
    it could well be that this app needs a tweak that's not there yet, and once it's added not only this app will work but also all the other apps that rely on the same mechanism.

If you find your favorite app doesn't work here's what you can do:
    • report it if it's not mentioned already. Describe what happens, how/what doesn't work. Give details about your setup, especially if it's something unusual (android version ...)
    • contact me with information on how to replicate the problem (app setup, account/login i can use if one is needed, ...)
      at the very least i need access to the apk (consider donating if it's a paid app)

See also

Xposed module page and project page on github.

Kudos

rovo89 for awesome Xposed Framework !
UI code by hamzahrmalik.
The Following 88 Users Say Thank You to lemonsqueeze For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift lemonsqueeze Ad-Free

30th June 2014, 07:28 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 56

More
Finally the app/module I've been searching for! 👍

I did a quick test but unfortunately it doesn't work with the xfinity tv go app. It seems to make the app think it's corrupted and wants me to reinstall.

I think a whitelist would be a good addition to this module! 😀

EDIT: False alarm..the xfinity app was actually corrupted. After reinstalling, this module faked it properly! Thanks!

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to hamsup1o For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift hamsup1o Ad-Free
30th June 2014, 09:14 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 93

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hamsup1o

Finally the app/module I've been searching for! 👍

I did a quick test but unfortunately it doesn't work with the xfinity tv go app. It seems to make the app think it's corrupted and wants me to reinstall.

I think a whitelist would be a good addition to this module! 😀

If you know how to modify apks, you can decompile it and make the network connectivity check always return true. It's what I did and it works fine (and no, I will not share the apk for obvious reasons).
30th June 2014, 10:14 PM |#4  
Flag East Flanders Best Flanders
Thanks Meter: 469

More
I tried it on the Triiing! app (free calling over Wi-Fi for Telenet ISP customers), but it still detects that it isn't connected to Wi-Fi.

I've been searching for months for this app, if only it'd work, but I have faith in the developers around here.

Sent from Tapatalk on my GT-I8190 running Novafusion's Carbon 4.4.4
1st July 2014, 09:57 AM |#5  
OP Member

More
Changelog
v1.1
fake getNetworkInfo(TYPE_WIFI) calls as well
The Following User Says Thank You to lemonsqueeze For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift lemonsqueeze Ad-Free
1st July 2014, 10:23 AM |#6  
OP Member

More
Quote:

Finally the app/module I've been searching for!
I think a whitelist would be a good addition to this module!

Glad it works
For the whitelist, do you mean a way to select which apps are faked ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GXGOW

I tried it on the Triiing! app (free calling over Wi-Fi for Telenet ISP customers), but it still detects that it isn't connected to Wi-Fi.

GXGOW, try v1.1 that should help.
1st July 2014, 10:45 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 56

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemonsqueeze

Glad it works
For the whitelist, do you mean a way to select which apps are faked ?

Try v1.1 that should help.

that's exactly what i meant. this should eliminate having to reboot everytime you want to enable/disable the mod, which can be a pain. there are also apps out there that would use higher quality streams on wifi vs. mobile data and not having a whitelist would certainly use more data if someone is on a limited data plan. hopefully you will consider this. thanks again!

1st July 2014, 07:37 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 1,998

Donate to Me
More
My friend's been wanting this
Thanks, will tell him
1st July 2014, 10:25 PM |#9  
Flag East Flanders Best Flanders
Thanks Meter: 469

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemonsqueeze

Glad it works
GXGOW, try v1.1 that should help.

Yup, working now over here. Great module, I've been waiting for months for this!

Sent from Tapatalk on my GT-I8190 running Novafusion's Carbon 4.4.4
1st July 2014, 11:44 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 20

More
Installing this module causes this module (http://repo.xposed.info/module/tw.fa...speedindicator) to break.
2nd July 2014, 12:15 AM |#11  
Flag Tucson, AZ
Thanks Meter: 837

More
Oooo, I asked for something like this a month or so ago. Some apps need a wi-fi or mobile data connection, and don't work with Bluetooth via PdaNet+. Facebook Messenger (although Facebook works), Words with Friends don't work, and Gameloft games (and others, probably) that need that "additional file" to download don't work with BT/PdaNet, so these apps with my wi-fi tablet aren't available to me sometimes.

I'll give this a try and let you know how it works for me.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)