FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[APP][XPOSED] GoSMS Xposed module extended features

7,800 posts
Thanks Meter: 5,330

By elesbb, Senior Member on 27th January 2014, 03:28 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
I always would decompile and change the smali code on the latest GoSMS app and recompile and run it. I shared it once on XDA and had to take it down as XDA received a personal request from GoSMS to not host any modified apps on XDA.

So, to make things easier i made an xposed module to do the same things. Now updating the app with these features is a piece of cake. Plus, im technically not hosting a moddified GoSMS apk. Im hosting an Xposed module Only downside is yes you must be rooted and have Xposed installed. Where with a modified apk, no root is needed and anyone could use it.

TO INSTALL:
Download the attached apk to your device
Install the apk
Enable the module in Xposed framework
Reboot

THIS IS COMPATIBLE WITH:

ALL VERSIONS AND FUTURE UPDATES SHOULD BE COMPATIBLE

CHANGELOG:

Version 1.0.1:
- Added option to close main window
Version 1.0.2:
- Double click send option will not close main window when "close main window" option is enabled.
Version 1.0.5
- Made compatible with all versions of GoSMS (unless major update to GoSMS)

SCREENSHOTS:
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-01-27-10-19-13.png
Views:	8102
Size:	127.6 KB
ID:	2542434
Attached Files
File Type: apk GoSMSModule v1.0.5.apk - [Click for QR Code] (97.8 KB, 1635 views)
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to elesbb For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift elesbb Ad-Free

27th January 2014, 03:30 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 213

More
Attachment missing

Sent from ThePureHeart's I9300 Boss Edition
ParanoidAndroid | Googy-Max
27th January 2014, 03:38 PM |#3  
Flag Orlando
Thanks Meter: 4,212

Donate to Me
More
Umm.. What does it do? What does it modify?

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk
27th January 2014, 03:40 PM |#4  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePureHeart

Attachment missing

Sent from ThePureHeart's I9300 Boss Edition
ParanoidAndroid | Googy-Max

Quote:
Originally Posted by tp2215

Umm.. What does it do? What does it modify?

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

Wasn't finished with the thread guys. Sorry. Lol. Hit "submit" too quickly
The Following User Says Thank You to elesbb For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift elesbb Ad-Free
27th January 2014, 04:31 PM |#5  
Flag Davao
Thanks Meter: 122

More
Thumbs up
how about on stock message? it would be really nice if we can set it on stock messages..
27th January 2014, 05:36 PM |#6  
Cleveland
Thanks Meter: 24

More
Happen to know if you can make the private box work on 4.4.2? Gosms has no priority in messages so everything shows up in your normal inbox

Sent from my i337 on Roids using xda premium
27th January 2014, 06:06 PM |#7  
Flag Beograd
Thanks Meter: 1,196

More
@elesbb,
great idea! Working very good on my S4.

Can you add an option to also close whole app GoSms except just to go out of conversation?

Thanks in advance.
The Following User Says Thank You to Ninolina For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Ninolina Ad-Free
27th January 2014, 06:39 PM |#8  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninolina

@elesbb,
great idea! Working very good on my S4.

Can you add an option to also close whole app GoSms except just to go out of conversation?

Thanks in advance.

I'm the master of laziness lol still procrastinating to do my homework plus I gotta clean my room lol.

But yes I can add that. However, if you press "menu > exit" the app closes. Then if you click the notification or the reply button on the widget, the main app stays closed unless you open it again. But I'll add it either way

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to elesbb For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift elesbb Ad-Free
27th January 2014, 07:45 PM |#9  
Flag Beograd

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by elesbb

I'm the master of laziness lol still procrastinating to do my homework plus I gotta clean my room lol.

But yes I can add that. However, if you press "menu > exit" the app closes. Then if you click the notification or the reply button on the widget, the main app stays closed unless you open it again. But I'll add it either way

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Thank you for replay. What I meant is that when I go into GoSms only to send an message to a person and not to reply to an received message it will be great that after I send the message I automatically exit app. I assume we understand each other.

Thank you one more time.
27th January 2014, 09:25 PM |#10  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninolina

Thank you for replay. What I meant is that when I go into GoSms only to send an message to a person and not to reply to an received message it will be great that after I send the message I automatically exit app. I assume we understand each other.

Thank you one more time.

Ahh yes i do understand you I usually use the "reply" button on the Widget to send a new SMS then pick from the recent contacts in the create message window. But, i have added that feature "close main window" to the next release. Will be uploading momentarily
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to elesbb For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift elesbb Ad-Free
27th January 2014, 09:28 PM |#11  
Flag Beograd

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by elesbb

Ahh yes i do understand you I usually use the "reply" button on the Widget to send a new SMS then pick from the recent contacts in the create message window. But, i have added that feature "close main window" to the next release. Will be uploading momentarily

That's great! And really quick. Well, you are not so lazy after all.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)