30th September 2019, 09:09 AM |#11  
OP Recognized Contributor
Flag Bratislava
Thanks Meter: 23,973

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzaldrine

i just installed this and made a few mods on my status bar etc. do you happen to know if this cause battery drain?

GravityBox is designed with care regarding battery consumption, so no, there shouldn't be any unexpected battery drain nor long-term wake locks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanGLES3

If I set both navbar heights to 0 and reboot everything seems fine, until I go into landscape then back to portrait, the navbar comes back in portrait (it still remains hidden in landscape)
LOS 17
Moto G3
Edxposed 4.5.5 sandhook
Gravity Box V10 beta-1

While ik custom rom support isn't guaranteed, LOS17 codebase at the moment is very close to AOSP and they've yet to add any navbar customization

Also the reason for me to set navbar heights to 0 instead of disabling the navbar outright is that the back gesture of Q relies on the navbar being enabled while the bottom swipe gestures don't need a navbar to work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skittles9823

Any possibility of a 4G/LTE toggle on Q. As well as a toggle for LTE+ as some carriers disable said icons in certain regions.
Also, can confirm this happens on stock for me to.
Sent from my Google Pixel 3a XL using XDA Labs

There was config_show4GForLTE in GravityBox / Advanced Tuning / SystemUI available in Pie but it's no longer there on Q so it seems like it was removed in Q.

Regarding navbar 0 dimensions. Hard to tell as I can't reproduce on OP7Pro.
This feature overrides framework config values so it is quite mystery to me that different values could be read from config after orientation change.
Resource config value replacement happens no matter what orientation, and always when config values are referenced.

Also, when your device has vertical navbar in ladnscape, you must set "Navigation bar width" to 0 instead of landscape height.

Edit: also try what kind of results you get when activating Expanded desktop using "Hide navigation bar" mode.
(Expanded desktop mode can be set in Display tweaks. Expanded desktop mode can be activated either from the power menu or using QS tile
Current Expanded desktop state is persisted across reboots).
30th September 2019, 10:42 AM |#12  
Thanks Meter: 132

More
Is that padding normal ?
and WiFi with Vibration Mode disappeared
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190930-112133.png
Views:	332
Size:	32.8 KB
ID:	4831753  
30th September 2019, 12:39 PM |#13  
Flag Sydney
Thanks Meter: 1,414

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by C3C076

There was config_show4GForLTE in GravityBox / Advanced Tuning / SystemUI available in Pie but it's no longer there on Q so it seems like it was removed in Q.

Well that's unfortunate. I'll have to speak to my carrier and see if I can get it changed, or something. I doubt they'll go through with it but it's worth a shot.

30th September 2019, 01:40 PM |#14  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Systemless? I use GPay all the time and I want to try this out. Magisk hide works right now and idk if it will work with GB.
30th September 2019, 02:09 PM |#15  
Thanks Meter: 2,970

More
can't try this module as after installing riru and edxposed modules I get a bootloop

you know what I am doing wrong maybe? I am on pixel 3 with official Q, rooted with magisk canary latest version, and just installed the two apk's mentioned and the two modules below:

magisk-EdXposed-SandHook-v0.4.5.1_beta.4463.-release.zip
magisk-riru-core-v19.5.zip

any clue? tia
30th September 2019, 02:20 PM |#16  
Flag Sydney
Thanks Meter: 1,414

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by FcukBloat

can't try this module as after installing riru and edxposed modules I get a bootloop

you know what I am doing wrong maybe? I am on pixel 3 with official Q, rooted with magisk canary latest version, and just installed the two apk's mentioned and the two modules below:

any clue? tia

Try switching to the Yahfa backend. I had the same issue as well initially but after switching all was fine. It seems to be far more stable compared to sandhook.

The Following User Says Thank You to Skittles9823 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Skittles9823 Ad-Free
30th September 2019, 02:24 PM |#17  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skittles9823

Try switching to the Yahfa backend. I had the same issue as well initially but after switching all was fine. It seems to be far more stable compared to sandhook.

thanks will try as soon as I hopefully fix the bootloop, didn't consider the YAHFA version because was reported to be for OOS. will see thanks again!
30th September 2019, 02:35 PM |#18  
Thanks Meter: 27

Donate to Me
More
Hi,
Just installed Q version but at the same time that XPRIVACY which caught me in a bootloop...
Now it's fully working on my Pixel 3A running QP1A.190711.020.C3, EXKERNEL and XPOSED 4470 (last canary).
I'm also becoming a donator since I've used your plugin since my 1st android device running kit kat!
Thanks a lot!

Edit : Been using Sandhook version.
First bug : after enabling more steps to audio control, process android.media gets a lot of forced closed.
The Following User Says Thank You to HpNoTiQ For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift HpNoTiQ Ad-Free
30th September 2019, 02:44 PM |#19  
Flag Kalka, Haryana
Thanks Meter: 391

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfblade1215

Systemless? I use GPay all the time and I want to try this out. Magisk hide works right now and idk if it will work with GB.

EdXposed passes SafetyNet and uses Magisk, so yes it is 'systemless'
Quote:
Originally Posted by FcukBloat

any clue? tia

Because you didn't read much regarding EdXposed compatibility. The stable release of EdXposed is still not compatible with Q. You need to use the fix zips which are available under Pull Requests in GitHub page of EdXposed.

Sent from my #FlagshipKiller6T using Tapatalk
30th September 2019, 02:53 PM |#20  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkSJ1998

EdXposed passes SafetyNet and uses Magisk, so yes it is 'systemless' Because you didn't read much regarding EdXposed compatibility. The stable release of EdXposed is still not compatible with Q. You need to use the fix zips which are available under Pull Requests in GitHub page of EdXposed.

thanks. well i followed information and links in requirements section in OP... now i realize the yahfa version linked is the fixed one, the sandhook version links to the old non-fixed one
30th September 2019, 02:56 PM |#21  
OP Recognized Contributor
Flag Bratislava
Thanks Meter: 23,973

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by M7mD.Sa3eD

Is that padding normal ?
and WiFi with Vibration Mode disappeared

It's by design and I am not able to come up with a different solution that would allow me to put traffic meter directly in the system icon area alongside other icons (like I did for Quiet Hours icon). I was already thinking about removing the option to put it on the right side and keep center/left only.
The same thing as in Pie version.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HpNoTiQ

Hi,
Just installed Q version but at the same time that XPRIVACY which caught me in a bootloop...
Now it's fully working on my Pixel 3A running QP1A.190711.020.C3, EXKERNEL and XPOSED 4470 (last canary).
I'm also becoming a donator since I've used your plugin since my 1st android device running kit kat!
Thanks a lot!

Edit : Been using Sandhook version.
First bug : after enabling more steps to audio control, process android.media gets a lot of forced closed.

Thanks for your support!
Is there any chance you would be able to capture a logcat of those crashes? I had a chance to test this on OxygenOS only and it worked there without such side effects.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)