[APP][Q][XPOSED] GravityBox v10.0.0-beta-6 for Android 10 [23/12/2019]

7,659 posts
Thanks Meter: 24,178

By C3C076, Recognized Contributor on 28th September 2019, 03:35 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
12th January 2020, 02:34 PM |#541  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
I'm loving this module, I didn't even know it existed before rooting but this alone has made it super worthwhile, thanks!

As far as features go everything I've tested seems to be working well on Android 10, with the exception of a few things I'm not bothered by because I'm not using them.

I was wondering about the default navigation gestures on Android 10: would it be possible to customise the 'back' swipe gesture, preferably only on 1 side of the screen? I'd like it if I could disable or set the left side swipe to 'open menu', so it doesn't interfere with overflow menus.

I haven't been able to find any modules that offer that particular option.

Sent from my OnePlus6T using XDA Labs
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MrSourceUnknown For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift MrSourceUnknown Ad-Free
12th January 2020, 04:59 PM |#542  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Anybody else having trouble hiding the clock from the status bar?
Automatically reappears for me after some time.

Pixel 4 XL.
12th January 2020, 08:12 PM |#543  
Flag ATH
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Hello, guys...

I have an Oneplus 7T, 10.0.7, Global. I had some difficulties installing Magisk and root, but after some attempts, I finally did it...

Now I would like to install GB and I would like to ask before I try this.

1. Install Riru Core
2. Install Riru ed xposed
3. Install Ed xposed manager.
4. Install GB
(???)

Should i proceed with the stable version of Magisk or should I install a custom one?

Thanks in advance...
13th January 2020, 03:50 AM |#544  
Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 10,600

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by C3C076

For OP7pro users (and maybe other OnePlus devices as well). I am currently running official Magisk 20.2 in combination with EdXposed 4489 Sandhook. I couldn't get YAHFA to work but Sandhook seems to be running fine.

Regarding posts mentioning whitelist/blacklist functionality. Note, that in EdXposed Manager it is required to have enabled both options: App List mode + Whitelist mode for the whitelist functionality actually to work.

Note, that as mentioned in the app list option description, this functionality may break system wide modules which GravityBox is. Currently, the one and only feature that stops working for me when using Whitelist is Volume key cursor control. But I have no problem sacrificing this feature for the sake of whitelist (which in my opinion performs much better as not all of the apps on device need to load Xposed framework which means less overhead and also better option in case of sensitive apps such as banking ones)

There may be other features that don't work and I recommend trying with whitelist functionality turned off before reporting any feature not working.

I wish you all the best in 2020!

Any idea how to fix the volume key cursor control? I tried to move the hook in the android package only, but it bootlooped on me. Right now my hook has to be in initzygote for it to work. Weirdly enough, the method that needs to be hooked is in the android package, so I don't understand why it doesn't work.

Unfortunately that's once of my favorite mod, so I'm not willing to sacrifice it for now.
13th January 2020, 04:22 AM |#545  
Flag Sydney
Thanks Meter: 1,644

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark_Eyes_

Any idea how to fix the volume key cursor control? I tried to move the hook in the android package only, but it bootlooped on me. Right now my hook has to be in initzygote for it to work. Weirdly enough, the method that needs to be hooked is in the android package, so I don't understand why it doesn't work.

Unfortunately that's once of my favorite mod, so I'm not willing to sacrifice it for now.

If you get it working in Dark Tricks, I will love you.

Volume key curser control is so useful for terminal apps and code editors where gboards spacebar swipe controls don't work.

Sent from my Google Pixel 3a XL using XDA Labs
13th January 2020, 12:48 PM |#546  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
OP 7 Pro, android Q
Full rotation of screen, proximity wake up, navigation bar options aren't working (they might not work because I'm using taichi). It'd be also nice to have the option to have an option for location like bluetooth icon to show when on, conected or off.
17th January 2020, 07:20 AM |#547  
Thanks Meter: 199

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSourceUnknown

I'm loving this module, I didn't even know it existed before rooting but this alone has made it super worthwhile, thanks!

As far as features go everything I've tested seems to be working well on Android 10, with the exception of a few things I'm not bothered by because I'm not using them.

I was wondering about the default navigation gestures on Android 10: would it be possible to customise the 'back' swipe gesture, preferably only on 1 side of the screen? I'd like it if I could disable or set the left side swipe to 'open menu', so it doesn't interfere with overflow menus.

I haven't been able to find any modules that offer that particular option.

You're a genius, we need that.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to morback For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift morback Ad-Free
18th January 2020, 04:41 AM |#548  
Thanks Meter: 69

More
Loving this module! I had it back in the day and lost it due to difficulty rooting, now back on with my Pixel 2 on Android 10.
No issues with the features I use. Fabulous improvement over stock!
The Following User Says Thank You to ViperPyro For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ViperPyro Ad-Free
18th January 2020, 12:49 PM |#549  
Thanks Meter: 43

More
I hope this helps...this is the log i grabbed after GB couldnt use the nav key to kill the foreground app. it just says "there's nothing to kill"
18th January 2020, 01:03 PM |#550  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Can't find module
Hello!

I didn't manage to find the module in edxposed manager modules download page, am I looking in the wrong place or the app was removed?
18th January 2020, 01:59 PM |#551  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by eladra

Hello!

I didn't manage to find the module in edxposed manager modules download page, am I looking in the wrong place or the app was removed?

From the OP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by C3C076

Download
https://github.com/GravityBox/Gravit...0.0.0-beta-6_q
Module will be available in Xposed Repository as soon as it is considered stable enough.

The Following User Says Thank You to kveikur For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift kveikur Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)