By C3C076, Recognized Contributor on 28th September 2019, 02:35 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
22nd May 2020, 06:22 PM |#771  
Flag Ao Nang, Krabi
Thanks Meter: 415

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by westhaking

Thanks. The canary tab isn't showing up on the latest version of Edxposed Manager for me. Any idea where it is hosted? The github repo just seems to point to installing the latest version from the manager yet the tab isn't present in that latest manager version v4.5.7. Is it just me?

The canary branch has temporarily been disabled.
The Following User Says Thank You to JudgeDread11 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift JudgeDread11 Ad-Free
22nd May 2020, 06:36 PM |#772  
Thanks Meter: 4,088

Donate to Me
More
I am about to upgrade from Pie to 10. Think I should use GravityBox with EdXposed or TaiChi? Have a preference?
22nd May 2020, 07:24 PM |#773  
Flag Spokane
Thanks Meter: 205

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjamie

I am about to upgrade from Pie to 10. Think I should use GravityBox with EdXposed or TaiChi? Have a preference?

Edxposed is open source vs Taichi which is closed source if that matters to you. I'd say go with Edxposed for security reasons as a tool that is as powerful as Xposed you should want to be open source.. just so you know there isn't anything malicious with the code. Lastly, Yahfa version is the more stable hooking method of Edxposed where Sandhook is faster, but less stable hooking method of Edxposed. So that is more of personal preference. I vote Edxposed but it's ultimately user choice. If you want to use a closed source tool such as TaiChi, you can, but there may be backdoors etc and that is a risk you should knowingly accept with TaiChi... Especially since no one can view the source code for anything potentially malicious.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using XDA Labs
The Following User Says Thank You to bradical711 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift bradical711 Ad-Free
22nd May 2020, 07:25 PM |#774  
Thanks Meter: 584

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjamie

Never tried TaiChi but EdXposed works fine for me.
22nd May 2020, 08:32 PM |#775  
Thanks Meter: 277

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackiass

Never tried TaiChi but EdXposed works fine for me.

I've been able to use GravityBox both with EdXposed and TaiChi on my OnePlus 7Pro (GM-1917) running OOS 10.3.2.
It works fine for me in both cases.
22nd May 2020, 08:41 PM |#776  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Where in the world is ****ing download for gravity?? 😖😖
22nd May 2020, 08:59 PM |#777  
Flag Spokane

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by akm32

Where in the world is ****ing download for gravity?? 😖😖

The download is located inside the OP's GitHub link that he provided underneath "Download" in his second post. You should take some time to understand and learn how to use GitHub if you're going to be using this site. Just a suggestion because most things provided on this site will have downloads located inside of GitHub. I'll provide you the link of course but next time take a moment to browse GitHub and see how it works. Or Google "where are downloads located on GitHub" etc. https://github.com/GravityBox/Gravit...0.0-beta-6.apk

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to bradical711 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift bradical711 Ad-Free
23rd May 2020, 01:24 PM |#778  
Thanks Meter: 37

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradical711

I run stock Rooted, April security update w/ latest magisk on my 4 XL w/ riru v21.2, Edxposed canary v0.5.0.0 (4548 yahfa), & v4.5.7 Edxposed Manager (enhancement mode) w/ no issues or stability problems at all using gravitybox. Runs near perfect & I pass safetynet just fine with 3 other modules inatalled. Haven't tested all the features but the ones I use all work as expected.

How did you pass safetynet?
23rd May 2020, 05:56 PM |#779  
Flag Spokane

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by thesingular

How did you pass safetynet?

By using the latest Edxposed Canary version v0.5.0.0 (4548 yahfa). The Canary branch is currently disabled at the moment so I don't know of a way to install my exact version. That was the only working Edxposed that passed safetynet for me, didn't test the Sandhook version of v0.5.0.0 though.

The Following User Says Thank You to bradical711 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift bradical711 Ad-Free
23rd May 2020, 07:16 PM |#780  
Flag Bountiful
Thanks Meter: 565

More
How do I get GB to play nice with full gesture navigation?
I have disabled Navigation tweaks, but still I have an area at the bottom of my screen reserved for the navbar. This is on my Pixel 3a running 10 stock.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20200523-121314.png
Views:	188
Size:	120.8 KB
ID:	5024955  
23rd May 2020, 08:05 PM |#781  
Flag Bountiful
Thanks Meter: 565

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by creeve4

How do I get GB to play nice with full gesture navigation?
I have disabled Navigation tweaks, but still I have an area at the bottom of my screen reserved for the navbar. This is on my Pixel 3a running 10 stock.

If I manually switch from full gesture to 3 button and then back again it works, but the navbar padding comes back when I reboot.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)