FORUMS

[APP][JB][XPOSED] GravityBox v3.7.2 - tweak box for Android 4.1/4.2/4.3 [30/04/2017]

7,667 posts
Thanks Meter: 24,205

By C3C076, Recognized Contributor on 9th June 2013, 12:45 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
1st July 2013, 09:44 PM |#101  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Here's a strange issue (on a THL W8 16 GB): Two sounds went away
- that sound which plays during the THL boot animation (well, who cares and I believe GravityMod2 disables it, too) and
- the notification sound for the built-in clock's timer function.
There is no menu to adjust setting for the timer function (but there is for the alarm).

These sounds stopped playing on 28th June, the same day I upgraded GravityBox from 1.3.2 to 1.4.1. And the issue persists through today's change from 20130506 stock ROM to GravityMod2 3.0 (this change included a factory reset). Could this issue possibly be GravityBox related?

Reverting to an earlier backup (GravityMod2 2.6 ROM) brings back the timer notification sound.
1st July 2013, 09:53 PM |#102  
OP Recognized Contributor
Flag Bratislava

Donate to Me
More
Yes, boot sound has been removed intentionally in gm2 ROM (I find it annoying). Not related to GB.

Timer sound - I don't see how this could be related to GB, neither.
Maybe there's another sound file missing. I'll check but I don't think I left out any other apart from boot one.
BTW, on mine it plays fine.
The Following User Says Thank You to C3C076 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift C3C076 Ad-Free
1st July 2013, 10:01 PM |#103  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by C3C076

Yes, boot sound has been removed intentionally in gm2 ROM (I find it annoying). Not related to GB.

I have no problem with this sound missing, just reporting for completeness' sake
Quote:

Timer sound - I don't see how this could be related to GB, neither.

Neither can I, I'm just trying to track this issue down. I use the timer all the time for cooking, so I really need it.

Quote:

Maybe there's another sound file missing. I'll check but I don't think I left out any other apart from boot one.

Hm, which file (name and location) would that be? I'd fix this myself if I knew how.
1st July 2013, 10:04 PM |#104  
Flag Bratislava

Donate to Me
More
I checked the sound files. All those that are in official 20130616 thl ROM are there. Now I'll check if there isn't some extra in 8gb version of gm2 that could be reused on w8 16gb.

Let's continue in gm2 thread.
The Following User Says Thank You to C3C076 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift C3C076 Ad-Free
2nd July 2013, 12:44 AM |#105  
Recognized Developer
Flag Lisbon / Taiwan / USA
Thanks Meter: 19,230

Donate to Me
More
I dont have this CPU...
I just wana say GOOD WORK for the Dev, you spent countless hours coding this.
This should be an very start point project for me, maybe i do the same with my MT6577

Good Work Man, most people dont even Imagine how hard this was for you to code
The Following User Says Thank You to superdragonpt For This Useful Post: [ View ]
2nd July 2013, 07:35 AM |#106  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Hello, there is a possibility to ha ve a center clock in status bar?
2nd July 2013, 09:43 AM |#107  
Flag Bratislava

Donate to Me
More
Hi.
This feature is already on my list.
I will continue working on GB app after my vacation, which will probably be in 2 weeks or so.
2nd July 2013, 03:45 PM |#108  
Thanks Meter: 203

Donate to Me
More
How about making the volume to expandable?

Sent from my H120 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
2nd July 2013, 05:36 PM |#109  
Flag Srinagar
Thanks Meter: 57

More
hi
first of all, i would lik to say tht i lov ths mod, i hv one strange issue n tht is, it shows my battery as 0 in notifications whn my battery isnt actually zero, can u guess wht could b the issue..
using a custom rom 4.2.1 on mmx a116
2nd July 2013, 06:54 PM |#110  
Flag Bratislava

Donate to Me
More
It could be something in custom ROM (maybe some battery related mod) that could be conflicting with GB. You could ask your ROM dev to take a look at it as I can't do anything about it without being able to debug it myself. Also are you sure it happens only when GB is active? You could try to disable it temporarily in xposed installer app and reboot. If battery is OK after that then it's GB related.

Could you at least post a screenshot and /data/xposed/debug.log ?
4th July 2013, 12:21 PM |#111  
Flag Amsterdam, LG G2, Kitkat 4.4.2, CloudyG2
Thanks Meter: 25

More
Quote:

Hi.

Some features are strictly MTK6589 specific (especially General fixes) and will work only on those devices.
But other (maybe majority) of the features should work on any 4.2.1 ROM that is close enough to AOSP.

However, I wonder why you would need that for Nexus as this device has great community and plenty of custom roms like CM, AOSPA, RootBox, SlimBean, etc. etc.

Okay, thanks for the info! If there is a module in the Gravity Box that I can't find elsewhere, I'll try it from here. Great work, by the way!
The Following User Says Thank You to Cerberus_tm For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Cerberus_tm Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
mtk6589 customisation, mtk6589 gravitymod gravitybox xposed, tweak box

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)