First of, thank you so much for making this amazing mod!
I realy liked my Jiayu G3S so far, but was missing some features CM10.1 was offering on my previous device.
Now with this mod I don't need CM anymore
One little thing though. Autobrightness levels doesn't seem to work for the Jiayu G3S (any one else having the same problem?)
This is probably due to changes Jiayu made to the ASOP... But the stock Autobrightness settings Jiayu uses are just a bit to dark for me...
I would love to give it a try to change it myself, but since I'm very new to android development, maybe you could send me a PM with some pointers how to set up a proper development environment
From my experience, some MTK phones/ROMs have their own management of autobrightness using special service that overrides standard
auto-brightness android feature.
You can take a look at /system/etc
If this is your case, you should see "ALS" config files there containing values for the light sensor.
But I didn't manage to reverse engineer it. My ROM uses standard android auto-brightness so I never felt like spending too much time with it.
- this module is designed to run on vanilla or close-to-vanilla Android 4.2 and 4.3 (AOSP)
- supports majority of MTK6589 devices
- supports "Google devices" like Nexus, HTC One Google play edition, and others running vanilla Android 4.2/4.3
- Samsung Touchwiz, HTC Sense, MIUI, LeWa, etc. are NOT supported. It is not guaranteed this module will work on these at all so try at your own risk. This module is simply too complex to support all kind of ROM brands that were vastly modified by vendors.
- DO NOT USE WITH CUSTOM ROMS LIKE CM,AOSPA,ROOTBOX,AOKP,SLIM, ETC... IT MAKES NO SENSE AND CAN CAUSE CONFLICTS AND UNEXPECTED BEHAVIOUR
- I will not provide any support for devices violating these compatibility rules
|mtk6589 customisation, mtk6589 gravitymod gravitybox xposed, tweak box|
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|