Post Reply Email Thread
15th February 2016, 04:47 AM |#1001  
Flag Lucknow
Thanks Meter: 315

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatspirit

Please see OP to know why.

I don't find any such reason.. btw it was working on lollipop for same device.

15th February 2016, 04:53 AM |#1002  
Flag Murmansk
Thanks Meter: 342

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gauravrai

I don't find any such reason..

Quote:

Originally Posted by trjlive View Post
As is detailed in the OP, GravityBox is designed to be used with stock, vanilla AOSP ROMs, not OEM and custom ROMs. In other words, Google Play Edition and Nexus devices. All OEM ROMs (TouchWiz, Sense, Xperia, Moto, etc.), and custom ROMs (CyanogenMod, ParanoidAndroid, etc.) differ significantly in their code base from pure AOSP. And as most of these ROMs are closed source, and the developer does not have access to all the devices, it means that GravityBox is not designed for, or tested on, these devices and ROMs.

Even though the Moto devices look like stock Android, they are as much custom under-the-hood as TouchWiz or Sense. It's just that Motorola decided to implement a skin that resembles stock Android, rather than a custom skin like Samsung has done. But the changes to the core code mean that many of GravityBox's features will not work, and actually do cause some well-known bugs. The same goes for ParanoidAndroid, there are just too many changes to the core code for GB to be reliable.

If you choose to use GravityBox on a ROM it was never intended to be used with, then you do so at your own risk, and without any support. You should always have a good nandroid backup and be familiar with ADB and Fastboot. At any time, a ROM update or GravityBox update may cause any/all GravityBox features to break, and worst case, send your device into a bootloop. This is just an unfortunate reality of using a mod on a device it wasn't intended to be used on. Any user who wishes to improve or fix bugs on their unsupported ROM is more than welcome to download the source code for GravityBox (links to Git in the OP) and work on debugging and fixing the bugs on their own.

Quote:

btw it was working on lollipop for same device.

Not an argument at all.
15th February 2016, 04:58 AM |#1003  
Flag Hong Kong
Thanks Meter: 1,165

More
Valentine's Day FAQ:
Q: "She used to love me. Why isn't she loving me any more?"
A: "Because you are not on her officially supported list of lovers!"

Bonus: "You should feel lucky that at least she did love you."
The Following User Says Thank You to iamelton For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift iamelton Ad-Free
15th February 2016, 05:01 AM |#1004  
Flag Lucknow
Thanks Meter: 315

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatspirit

Not an argument at all.

Ahhh nice. Thanks. I didn't point out thr.
15th February 2016, 07:19 AM |#1005  
OP Recognized Contributor
Flag Bratislava
Thanks Meter: 20,010

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by briant1234

I've noticed some strange behavior with the ultimate notification control. I used Textra for SMS, and I didn't like how textra uses their own custom floating notification instead of the default marshmallow one, so I disabled their version and turned Heads Up Notifications to "always" for the Textra app in per app control in GravityBox. However, now when I receive a text the headsup notification appears, but when I click on it it seems to have another mirrored notification underneath it, and they slide up at different times making it look very strange.
Here's a screen record of how it looks:
https://goo.gl/photos/9nHzcZKWsHEyST9X7

Unfortunately, that's how that app was designed. GravityBox cannot do anything as it's not designed to mod 3rd party apps.

Quote:

@C3C076 H+ Indicator and ! Mark removal is not working on Motorola Moto G 2014 running official Marshmallow 6.0.

Motorola compatibility is currently limited as I don't have Moto device running Marshmallow for development. Compatibility will improve as soon as I get a chance to have one of those.
The Following User Says Thank You to C3C076 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift C3C076 Ad-Free
15th February 2016, 01:20 PM |#1006  
Flag Climax, Ks.
Thanks Meter: 202

More
Sorry, didn't see you had a 6p , hellscore makes a version for your device.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Labs
15th February 2016, 01:40 PM |#1007  
Flag Assen
Thanks Meter: 81

More
@C3C076 Could you please give us the option to move the battery percentage (back) to the left? Still sticking with 6.0.2 because I think the battery percentage on the right is ugly
15th February 2016, 06:09 PM |#1008  
OP Recognized Contributor
Flag Bratislava
Thanks Meter: 20,010

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vincentkoevoets

@C3C076 Could you please give us the option to move the battery percentage (back) to the left? Still sticking with 6.0.2 because I think the battery percentage on the right is ugly

Well, I have it on my list but skipped it in the last update as I realized it was not that straightforward. I would have to bring back dynamic padding between signal cluster and percent text when it's on the left.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to C3C076 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift C3C076 Ad-Free
16th February 2016, 10:33 PM |#1009  
Flag Edmonton
Thanks Meter: 41

More
Hey, so I have been using this mod on my Sony Xperia Z3 running on their concept rom (which from my understanding is mostly AOSP with a couple of minor changes), and almost everything works great.

There is one minor thing that is bugging me, though, in that Sony added a Screenshot item to the power menu. Is there any way this could be removed so that the visibility of it could be controlled by GravityBox? I took a quick look at the source code on Github, and if I had to guess, I think it would be similar to what is done regarding hiding the default Restart menu option.

Thanks, and keep up the great work.
17th February 2016, 01:22 PM |#1010  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
First I want to thank you for your work! I'm using the app since years.

Now I please you to add an option. I saw the option for quite hours. Now vibrate even for 3rd part apps.
I would like to have that option for the donotdisturb mode. I don't like the vibrate from keyboard when I activated this mode. The keyboard itself (SwiftKey and Fleksy) doesn't support an option for that.

Please add an option, where I can disable vibrate from 3rd part apps in do not disturb mode.

Thanks
Daniel
17th February 2016, 06:22 PM |#1011  
Thanks Meter: 777

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by C3C076

Well, I have it on my list but skipped it in the last update as I realized it was not that straightforward. I would have to bring back dynamic padding between signal cluster and percent text when it's on the left.

Feature request...

can you add "make MTP as default connection while phone is unlocked when connecting to PC " (in MM stock it always connects to only charging and we need to change it every time to use MTP )

if it's already present pardon me and guide me how to enable it
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)