FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[APP][4.0.3+ & GB][XPOSED] HowTouchAlert

2,742 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,498

By defim, Senior Member on 7th October 2014, 01:00 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Touch outside of alert to dismiss it.

Some (older) devices have not enabled to dismiss an (cancellable) AlertDialog by touching outside of it. This module enables it!

This app has no user interface. Enable it in Xposed - reboot - done.

IMPORTANT
Xposed needs root access for installation

Play Store: http://tinyurl.com/nawzbuu
Xposed Repository: http://tinyurl.com/qelp3wy
APK download: http://tinyurl.com/mzert7f

Why this app? To lazy to search for back button all the time!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	howtouchalert0.png
Views:	341
Size:	32.7 KB
ID:	2962732  
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to defim For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift defim Ad-Free

7th October 2014, 01:27 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 4,227

Donate to Me
More
It took me a while to understand what this mod is about. You should provide an example of a non cancleable AlertDialog (I can't think of one on a system level, only in apps). Plus I don't understand the title "HowTouchAlert". What does that mean?

EDIT: Care to provide your source code?
7th October 2014, 02:32 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member

More
If an AlertDIalog is cancellable or not decides the developer of the app which created the dialog. Some have a yes/no and dont allow the back button (=.setCancelable(false)), I use most time only "yes" and back for negative.
Most of the used dialogs are cancellable
Source: hook AlertDialog and set dialog.setCanceledOnTouchOutside(dialog.isCancelab le())

EDIT: Maybe the probem is the word "AlertDialog"? This are all these dialog popups asking "want you really ... ?" Just do a internet search for pictures
7th October 2014, 08:44 PM |#4  

Donate to Me
More
Lol I know what it is. It's just that the majority of xda users are not into coding so they'll think you are talking about an alert dialog as in alarm clock dialog. Anyways, I just wanted to point out that the title and description is misleading if you don't know what an alert dialog is plus most people don't use modules if they are not open source (including me). Just my two cents...
8th October 2014, 04:51 AM |#5  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by theknut

Lol I know what it is. It's just that the majority of xda users are not into coding so they'll think you are talking about an alert dialog as in alarm clock dialog. Anyways, I just wanted to point out that the title and description is misleading if you don't know what an alert dialog is plus most people don't use modules if they are not open source (including me). Just my two cents...

I created this module because the behaviour of Androd was not as i expected it - I did it not because I want as many people should use it, win a design contest etc. I published it so the one who need it could use it.
You wrote most users are useres, not developers. So what they do excatly with source code?
Some people are even using cracked versions, and complaining on XDA about errors caused by unexperienced crackers!

Quote:

Maybe I should add a FAQ to all modules:
- The used colors red+blue are ugly: I like it and I'm a developer not a designer
- The used icon is ugly: Make a better one and send it me. If I like it, I will add it
- I dont use apps which are 100% free: Dont use it and invest your time to learn developing
- I dont use apps which are closed source: Send me how much the source is worth for you
- I will give you a 1 star rating at Play Store: I dont read the ratings, have fun

12th October 2014, 01:07 PM |#6  

Donate to Me
More
Wow that was a very good read. Am I on your blacklist, too? I'm actually curious about the icon because XDA Premium didn't load it unfortunately. Can you repost it?
12th October 2014, 02:30 PM |#7  
OP Senior Member

More
Info 2
This module is no longer available
12th October 2014, 05:19 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 318

More
My apologies for the flaming, you're a good developer, quick to respond to my emails when had problems. Please keep up the good work

Sent from above using xparent tapatalk blue
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)