It is known to us all that accroding to Google's Material Design, the phone status bar should be of the color that defined in app style named "colorPrimaryDark". Unfortunately, not all of the apps support this style attribute (for now), resulting in a completely black status bar on Lollipop. This module aims to fix that, to make the status bar the color it should be.
Actually, I know there have been a dozen of modules of this kind, but none of them are specially optimized for Lollipop. Lollipop provides a much more convenient API to change the background of status bar, but those modules are still using the old way (find and hook the status bar view, then change the color) on Lollipop. The old method looks perfect on ICS, JB, KK, but not perfect on Lollipop, as Lollipop have animations on status bar while switching between activities also. Hooking the status bar view will override this animation. This is why I wrote this module.
I still hold the hope that this module should be deprecated one day, the day that most of the apps have adapted to the style of Material Design.
* Change the status bar background to a slightly darkened color of the app's top
* White-ify status bar icons
* >= Lollipop (Android 5.0.x) (Except Samsung's stock roms, as Xposed does not work on them)
* Xposed Framework
ONLY tested on CM12 and AOSP Lollipop, do not know if it is going to work on other custom roms or stock roms by manufactorers
1. Go to Xposed Installer, select "Download"
2. Refresh and search for "Lolistat"
3. Download the latest version and install
4. Enable it in Xposed
5. Reboot and enjoy!
From Xposed store: http://repo.xposed.info/module/info.papdt.lolistat
Source code of this module is opened under the terms of GNU General Public License version 3
Just reply this thread, or open an issue at the GitHub page above.
As a student developer, I may not have time to reply each of the bug reports, but confirmed bugs are in the list and I will try to fix them when I have time.
Q:Some apps behave abnormally after enabling Lolistat, any solutions?
A:It is known that some apps just behave abnormally after setting status bar and navigation bar colors for them. I have tried but have not found any solutions yet. For now, temporarily blacklisting them in Lolistat settings may be the best solution.
Q:Could you backport this module to KK/JB/ICS?
A:I'm sorry, but no. This module is specially designed for Lollipop. If you are currently using Android versions earlier than Lollipop, you can choose other Xposed modules such as Flat Style Status Bar.
If you love this module, you could donate to me via the links in the "About" section of Lolistat app to support the developement.
This module is not possible without:
* @rovo89 for his awesome Xposed Framework
* @MohammadAG for his module sources that helped me when I wrote this module
* PA project and other modules that change the status bar color for their inspiration
- Refactor to fix memory leak (this time it should not happen any more)
- Fix the cases that blacklist refuses to work
- Exclude fullscreen activities
- Fix color for apps that automatically collapse ActionBar
- Introduce Settings UI for customizations and blacklisting (and donation link via PayPal)
- Decrease color refreshing interval
- Fixed the bug that some apps expand behind navigation bar
- Remove black screens in several apps
- Avoid freezing app
- Tint navigation bar also
- Match the app title color in "recent apps" with the status bar color
- Prevent potential memory leak
- Reduce memory occupation and improve performance
- Fix incorrect colors
- Ignore translucent & floating(dialog) activities to prevent conflicts