FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA
H10 Turbo

[APP][LP][Xposed][1.1.1] Lolistat - Statusbar coloring module for Lollipop

137 posts
Thanks Meter: 405

By PeterCxy, Senior Member on 26th February 2015, 01:03 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
NOTICE: Xposed for Lollipop itself is in alpha at present, so there is expected to be some unstabilities that is related to Xposed Framework itself but not this module.

Introduction

It is known to us all that accroding to Google's Material Design, the phone status bar should be of the color that defined in app style named "colorPrimaryDark". Unfortunately, not all of the apps support this style attribute (for now), resulting in a completely black status bar on Lollipop. This module aims to fix that, to make the status bar the color it should be.

Actually, I know there have been a dozen of modules of this kind, but none of them are specially optimized for Lollipop. Lollipop provides a much more convenient API to change the background of status bar, but those modules are still using the old way (find and hook the status bar view, then change the color) on Lollipop. The old method looks perfect on ICS, JB, KK, but not perfect on Lollipop, as Lollipop have animations on status bar while switching between activities also. Hooking the status bar view will override this animation. This is why I wrote this module.

I still hold the hope that this module should be deprecated one day, the day that most of the apps have adapted to the style of Material Design.

Features

* Change the status bar background to a slightly darkened color of the app's top
* White-ify status bar icons

Requirements

* >= Lollipop (Android 5.0.x) (Except Samsung's stock roms, as Xposed does not work on them)
* Xposed Framework

ONLY tested on CM12 and AOSP Lollipop, do not know if it is going to work on other custom roms or stock roms by manufactorers

Installation

1. Go to Xposed Installer, select "Download"
2. Refresh and search for "Lolistat"
3. Download the latest version and install
4. Enable it in Xposed
5. Reboot and enjoy!

Download

From Xposed store: http://repo.xposed.info/module/info.papdt.lolistat

Source Code

Source code of this module is opened under the terms of GNU General Public License version 3

https://github.com/PeterCxy/Lolistat

Reporting bugs

Just reply this thread, or open an issue at the GitHub page above.

As a student developer, I may not have time to reply each of the bug reports, but confirmed bugs are in the list and I will try to fix them when I have time.

FAQs

Q:Some apps behave abnormally after enabling Lolistat, any solutions?

A:It is known that some apps just behave abnormally after setting status bar and navigation bar colors for them. I have tried but have not found any solutions yet. For now, temporarily blacklisting them in Lolistat settings may be the best solution.

Q:Could you backport this module to KK/JB/ICS?

A:I'm sorry, but no. This module is specially designed for Lollipop. If you are currently using Android versions earlier than Lollipop, you can choose other Xposed modules such as Flat Style Status Bar.

Donations

If you love this module, you could donate to me via the links in the "About" section of Lolistat app to support the developement.

Credits

This module is not possible without:

* @rovo89 for his awesome Xposed Framework
* @MohammadAG for his module sources that helped me when I wrote this module
* PA project and other modules that change the status bar color for their inspiration

Changelog

- Refactor to fix memory leak (this time it should not happen any more)
- Fix the cases that blacklist refuses to work

- Exclude fullscreen activities
- Fix color for apps that automatically collapse ActionBar
- Introduce Settings UI for customizations and blacklisting (and donation link via PayPal)
- Decrease color refreshing interval

- Fixed the bug that some apps expand behind navigation bar
- Remove black screens in several apps
- Avoid freezing app
- Tint navigation bar also
- Match the app title color in "recent apps" with the status bar color

- Prevent potential memory leak
- Reduce memory occupation and improve performance
- Fix incorrect colors
- Ignore translucent & floating(dialog) activities to prevent conflicts

Initial release.
The Following 101 Users Say Thank You to PeterCxy For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift PeterCxy Ad-Free

26th February 2015, 01:58 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 181

More
Module is working great, but the 1.0.1 update caused Nova Launcher to have a black status bar instead of transparent. Other than that, great work!
26th February 2015, 02:02 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 294

More
I'm having problems with whatsapp, blackscreen when scrolling conversations.
The Following User Says Thank You to diogo.sena For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift diogo.sena Ad-Free
26th February 2015, 02:27 AM |#4  
OP Senior Member

More
Thanks for your report. Is your Nova Launcher default?
26th February 2015, 02:28 AM |#5  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xDroid4Lifex

Module is working great, but the 1.0.1 update caused Nova Launcher to have a black status bar instead of transparent. Other than that, great work!

Thanks for your response. Are you using Nova as default launcher?
26th February 2015, 04:39 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 98

More
Thanks for this module, it's working perfectly on my nexus 5 with 5.0.1 xtrasmooth rom.
26th February 2015, 07:34 AM |#7  
Flag Seoul
Thanks Meter: 289

More
Works fine on latest Blisspop for hlte
26th February 2015, 08:41 AM |#8  
Monterrey
Thanks Meter: 98

More
Working on cataclysm, nexus 5 but with bugs. Instagram and Facebook status bar changes but they freeze when scrolling. 9gag shows nothing, just black and poweramp lost gui but buttons work. Great work nonetheless, thx. Hopefully it can be fixed.
Attached Files
File Type: log xposed_error_20150226_023848.log - [Click for QR Code] (3.2 KB, 640 views)
The Following User Says Thank You to tavocabe For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift tavocabe Ad-Free
26th February 2015, 11:00 AM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
1.0.1 update has flicker on certain apps
thanks for the good work. Just wanted to notify after the update from 1.0 to 1.0.1 i see screen flicker on certain apps like flipboard
26th February 2015, 11:36 AM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 181

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterCxy

Thanks for your response. Are you using Nova as default launcher?

Yes its my default launcher.
26th February 2015, 12:54 PM |#11  
Flag Hội An
Thanks Meter: 304

More
best tinted status bar app.
time is instant.
love this
Simple and work fine.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)