FORUMS

[APP][Xposed][1.1.0]StorePrefs

145 posts
Thanks Meter: 289

By stirante, Senior Member on 2nd February 2016, 05:51 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Overview
StorePrefs is module for Google Playstore, which controls the update of applications.

Features:
- Warning when updating app which could break some modules (module author have to implement it)
- Blocking auto update of apps which could break some modules (module author have to implement it)
- Blocking rapid update
- Ignoring some updates (When you have update available in My Applications in Playstore just long click on this update to ignore it)
- Saving and then restoring list of applications from Playstore (it's restored in saved version.To downgrade application with this you need XInstaller module)

If you want me to add any other features related to Google Playstore please let me know

Modules, that currently implement version checking:
  • Snapprefs (not yet, but will)
  • XInsta
  • XHangouts
  • If you want your module mentioned here let me know

Changelog:
Code:
Version 1.1.0:
 - Added INSTALL intent
 - Added saving and restoring list of applications
 - Bugfixes
Version 1.0.3:
 - Fixed preferences (well, it wasn't working to be honest, but now works)
 - Added option to clear list of ignored versions 

Version 1.0.2:
 - Added ignoring versions (long click on application in My Applications)

Version 1.0.1:
 - Added Settings activity
 - Added blocking rapid update

Version 1.0.0:
 - Initial release
Screenshots:

Requirements
•Xposed Framework
•Google Playstore

For developers:
Right now whole checking if application and it's version is compatible is done by xposed modules.
You need to create class with no arguments constructor with these methods:
Code:
    /**
     * This method is called upon creating instance of this class. It is called from separate thread, so here is place for things like files loading and connecting with server.
     */
    void init();
    /**
     * This method is called when user clicks update button. This will not block updating, It will only warn user.
     * @param packageName package of the application
     * @param versionCode version code
     * @param versionName version name
     * @return should user update this application
     */
    boolean shouldUserUpdate(String packageName, int versionCode, String versionName);
    /**
     * This method is called when play store tries to auto update the application. Returning false causes to block the auto update.
     * @param packageName package of the application
     * @param versionCode version code
     * @return can play store auto update this application
     */
    boolean canAutoUpdate(String packageName, int versionCode);

If you are lazy like me just make it implements interface from this jar.
After that all you need to do is add this to your AndroidManifest file:
Code:
        <meta-data
            android:name="storeprefs_mainclass"
            android:value="package.ClassWithMethodsFromInterfaceAbove" />

My module will only search for these classes if your module is enabled in Xposed installer.

Since version 1.1.0 you can install application from playstore through intents. This way you can install application with exact version you want. For downgrading user has to have XInstaller module enabled. Example implementation is here:
https://github.com/stirante/StorePre....java#L86-L107

Installation

Note: Obviously, you need root access on your phone.
  1. Download the Xposed Installer APK.
  2. Install the app along with the framework.
  3. Download and install the app from the repository.
  4. Activate the module in the Xposed Installer.
  5. Soft reboot your device.

Download

http://repo.xposed.info/module/com.stirante.storeprefs

Source

Source code can be found on GitHub

https://github.com/stirante/StorePrefs

XDA:DevDB Information
StorePrefs, Xposed for the Xposed Framework

Contributors
stirante, MaaarZ, Mr.Yawnie
Source Code: https://github.com/stirante/StorePrefs

Xposed Package Name: com.stirante.storeprefs

Version Information

Created 2016-02-02
Last Updated 2016-02-09
The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to stirante For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift stirante Ad-Free
2nd February 2016, 05:57 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 222

More
Good idea! I hope many devs will use this. I don't use snapprefs but I keep an eye on your work.
By the way first.
The Following User Says Thank You to SuperSandro2000 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift SuperSandro2000 Ad-Free
2nd February 2016, 08:10 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 3,160

Donate to Me
More
Nice! Good job mate

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to Mr.Yawnie For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Mr.Yawnie Ad-Free
2nd February 2016, 10:05 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 255

More
Great idea man!
The Following User Says Thank You to Sander9847 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Sander9847 Ad-Free
3rd February 2016, 02:06 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 42

More
Tell the guy from "youtube background playback" to use this!!!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Benrap For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Benrap Ad-Free
3rd February 2016, 04:12 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 12

More
This might be deviating a bit from the module's original purpose, but... There are some apps that I don't want to update unless there's a major update released in the Play Store. So would it be possible to implement, like in fdroid, an "ignore this one version" option, so the app will only appear on the list of updates the next time a new version is released, making it easier to follow the changes?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to garciaw For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift garciaw Ad-Free
3rd February 2016, 04:55 PM |#7  
OP Senior Member
Flag Lublin

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by garciaw

This might be deviating a bit from the module's original purpose, but... There are some apps that I don't want to update unless there's a major update released in the Play Store. So would it be possible to implement, like in fdroid, an "ignore this one version" option, so the app will only appear on the list of updates the next time a new version is released, making it easier to follow the changes?

Well, the purpose of my module is Playstore tweaks, so yeah. I'll try to add it
3rd February 2016, 08:51 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 1,228

More
Quote:

When you have update available in My Applications in Playstore just long click on this update to ignore it

Is there also a way to get these ignored updates back?
3rd February 2016, 09:03 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Great module! Is there a way to modify it to download multiple apps? Instead of the download, install, then download the next app. This would be helpful in clean rom installs.

Sent from my SM-G900T3 using XDA Free mobile app
3rd February 2016, 11:01 PM |#10  
OP Senior Member
Flag Lublin

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRXed

Is there also a way to get these ignored updates back?

There will be sure a way for that, but right now couldn't get it to work. Btw you can still update these apps, but they're not showing on the top. Just scroll a bit, click on app and update. Also when there will be newer version than the one you marked as ignored it will show up at the top.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cameronkhn12293

Great module! Is there a way to modify it to download multiple apps? Instead of the download, install, then download the next app. This would be helpful in clean rom installs.

Sent from my SM-G900T3 using XDA Free mobile app

Well, i can look into that but i won't promise this.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to stirante For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift stirante Ad-Free
4th February 2016, 08:04 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 12

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by stirante

There will be sure a way for that, but right now couldn't get it to work. Btw you can still update these apps, but they're not showing on the top. Just scroll a bit, click on app and update. Also when there will be newer version than the one you marked as ignored it will show up at the top.

Awesome, exactly what I was looking for =D
Ensuring compatibility of modules is a much more noble objective than maintaining my OCD in check, so I thank you for taking the time to listen to my request!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to garciaw For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift garciaw Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
google, playstore, update, xposed

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)