16th November 2014, 08:53 PM |#111  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
hii, i want to ask what is "Clearing Personal pages service"
and how not to do this by accident ?

17th November 2014, 01:32 PM |#112  

More
Hi, I have an update on my situation if it helps you at all, wanam.

My Samsung Galaxy S5 (SM-G900F model) that was running 4.3.4 rooted via Chainfire's Autoroot, has tripped the KNOX flag 0x1 (4) (assuming that means 4 times). I was also running XposedFramework with LTE only module.
At this time I know for certain my private mode was broken but was unsure about SHealth. I then tried to firmware update via OTA, my phone said it could not due to custom software. I then connected it to PC via Kies3.

I then performed a backup of data and proceeded to update my firmware (which allowed it via PC?) to 4.4.2 (approx 1gb or so i think it was) successfully installed and unrooted my phone. XposedFramework is still on the device but is not running due to no root.

The funny thing here is, my Private Mode now works and all the content in it is still on my device (after doing a clear data on the Personal Services thing mentioned before I actually had updated the firmware).

So, from my situation, my tripped KNOX flag has had no effect on Private Mode now working, at this stage it seems to be how XposedFramework runs with root, (in my case was Chainfire's autoroot).

Hope any of this helps, if you need any log files off my newly updated phone just ask.
25th November 2014, 06:47 AM |#113  

More
I've rooted my SM-N910F. i've installed xsercurestorage, shealth now works but im unable to get private mode to work..
Any ideas??
21st December 2014, 07:59 PM |#114  
Recognized Themer
Flag Belgrade/Serbia
Thanks Meter: 1,971

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bonfella

I've rooted my SM-N910F. i've installed xsercurestorage, shealth now works but im unable to get private mode to work..
Any ideas??

Try to clear data for private mod
21st December 2014, 08:39 PM |#115  
OP Recognized Contributor / Developer
Flag ElKsiba
Thanks Meter: 30,058

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bonfella

Any ideas??

Quote:
Originally Posted by sibinn

Try to clear data for private mod

It won't help, XSecure storage module MUST be active before the first setup of Private mode otherwise a wipe data is required.
The Following User Says Thank You to wanam For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd December 2014, 06:41 AM |#116  
Recognized Themer
Flag Belgrade/Serbia
Thanks Meter: 1,971

More
You are right one thing more that I noticed when I rooted my Note 4 N910F and instaled xposed (which I used one year with Note 3) trayed to install module via download mod but I culd not install it at all,then I downloaded apk with chrome and to exsd card trayed to install same results couldnt install .
So I uninstaled xposed module and first I instaled your apk (thank you solved my usb&MTP connection ) then xposed module activated apk and woala it's working.
I's there a reason for this behavior?
Thanks again.
23rd December 2014, 12:57 PM |#117  
Flag Italy
Thanks Meter: 166

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanam

I managed to reproduce this issue after clearing my "Personal pages service" data, it resets the private key on the service level only, and somehow the password stay incorrect while calling "mount_privatemode 1000 /mnt/shell/privatemode /storage/Private" even if i force the regeneration of the private and backup key!

Disabling secure storage let you bypass its checks but it fails now on the Knox container level "com.sec.knox.container.util.EnterprisePartitionMa nager.mountPrivateMode", there no way to reset the password, obviously it requires the old one, so i don't see what we can do at this level .

Hi,
I also had this issue until some minutes ago.
Honestly I don't know why but before rooting and installing xposed, I think I cleared the PersonalPage service data...I ended up in an unusable PrivateMode like other users on this thread but even worse, for me, the impossibility of removing my fingerprint reading since I was using the fingerprint unlock method with PrivateMode.

I am investigating from 1hour and, as you said, there is something strange with the FsKeyBackup string. The 'getPrivateFsKeyBackup()' method always return null and the entire management of this second key seems to be left to com.sec.knox.container.

BUT

I found 'privatemode_edk_1000' under '/data/system/users' and guess what. By deleting this file (to force its creation again) the backup key is handled correctly, getPrivateFsKeyBackup() does not return null anymore and PrivateMode works again.

*For users which have some files in PrivateMode: this procedure will reinitialize PrivateMode thus all your private data will be destroyed.

I am testing all this stuff on a Note4 N910F
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to invano For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift invano Ad-Free
23rd December 2014, 01:11 PM |#118  
Flag ElKsiba

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by invano

Hi,
I also had this issue until some minutes ago.
Honestly I don't know why but before rooting and installing xposed, I think I cleared the PersonalPage service data...I ended up in an unusable PrivateMode like other users on this thread but even worse, for me, the impossibility of removing my fingerprint reading since I was using the fingerprint unlock method with PrivateMode.

I am investigating from 1hour and, as you said, there is something strange with the FsKeyBackup string. The 'getPrivateFsKeyBackup()' method always return null and the entire management of this second key seems to be left to com.sec.knox.container.

BUT

I found 'privatemode_edk_1000' under '/data/system/users' and guess what. By deleting this file (to force its creation again) the backup key is handled correctly, getPrivateFsKeyBackup() does not return null anymore and PrivateMode works again.

*For users which have some files in PrivateMode: this procedure will reinitialize PrivateMode thus all your private data will be destroyed.

I am testing all this stuff on a Note4 N910F

Nice catch, i will try it.
27th December 2014, 03:34 AM |#119  
Thanks Meter: 58

More
Tried it and got my private mode working. Awesome find.
2nd January 2015, 11:10 AM |#120  

More
my SM G900H could not opened private mode
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanam

Hi guys,

I was not planning to buy a GalaxyS5, but i was lucky to get one as gift this weekend.

One of the issues i noticed on the past two days was the SHealth incompatibility with Xposed (described on this thread), somehow if you are using Xposed framework, Secure storage will fails to process and save data, which leads to Sensor service hangs

This module bypass the secure storage checks on SHealth and Private mode services, and will let you load the SHealth App with no hangs and activate Private mode on Rooted Samsung devices running Xposed framework.

I did just the basic tests for SHealth because i don't use this App anyway, it's not easy to play football with a device on my hands/pocket .

Download

Note:

• You may need to clear SHealth and Health service data (you will loose your Pedometer data).
  • Clearing Personal pages service will break Private mode.
Troubleshooting:
If you can't get Private mode to work after switching to Xposed, you need to go back to a stock FW and backup your private files, after that you can install Xposed and enable my module then remove "/data/system/users/privatemode_edk_1000" as advised by @invano.

Changelog:
1.0.1:
- Add Private mode support.
- App renamed from XHealth to XSecureStorage

Thanks to:
  • Rovo89 for his awesome work on Xposed framework and Mods.
  • Tungstwenty for contribution on Xposed framework and his many Mods

hi guy, can you help me solve that problem, private mode does not work on my SM G900H device after installing xposed, it also not work although i use your module, help me please
2nd January 2015, 11:17 AM |#121  
Flag ElKsiba

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by daugaulhk

hi guy, can you help me solve that problem, private mode does not work on my SM G900H device after installing xposed, it also not work although i use your module, help me please

Uninstall xposed if you have any data to recover from your private data, otherwise try to read the posts above yours.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
samsung, secure storage, security, shealth, xposed

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)