2nd January 2015, 11:17 AM |#121  
OP Recognized Contributor / Developer
Flag ElKsiba
Thanks Meter: 30,058

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by daugaulhk

hi guy, can you help me solve that problem, private mode does not work on my SM G900H device after installing xposed, it also not work although i use your module, help me please

Uninstall xposed if you have any data to recover from your private data, otherwise try to read the posts above yours.

2nd January 2015, 07:23 PM |#122  
Flag Louisville
Thanks Meter: 1

More
I'm having trouble enabling Private Mode as well. (Not sure about SHealth as I have it disabled and could care less about that app'.) I'm stock rooted on a G900T with the Xposed Framework, Wanam and XSecureStorage installed/enabled. 'Disable Secure Storage' is not checked in my Wanam settings. I'm not worried about preserving any private pictures as I've already backed them up. Can anyone walk me through the process of enabling Private Mode, please? Bear with me; I'm a bit inexperienced with Titanium Backup and CWM/Phil's Touch Recovery. My understanding is that I need to use TB to backup my User Data and then boot into recovery and clear the cache? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Update: I tried uninstalling the Framework, enabled SHealth again (if for whatever reason it didn't like it being disabled. Just a gut feeling, I guess.) and cleared the data in my SHealth, Health Services and Personal Pages Data. I then edited the system build.prop and changed ro.securestorage.support=true to false. I read on other forums that this has fixed the SHealth issue, but the Private Mode for some as well. I rebooted after each modification to be safe and then re-installed the framework. I still can't use Private Mode. Any suggestions? Also, would I be able to use the Xprivacy module to essentially mimic the function of Private Mode? I could just change the permissions on a folder within my gallery, right? I'm beginning to feel like that may be my only option.

Final update, hopefully: I followed the op's instructions in this thread and Privade Mode is finally working! I don't know whether any of the steps I did prior to this had an effect on whether I was able to get it working again, but I can confirm this last step just did the trick. Keep up the good work, guys. It's appreciated.
The Following User Says Thank You to Nfeeble For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Nfeeble Ad-Free
12th January 2015, 01:45 PM |#123  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
I've deleted personalpage folder and privatemode_edk_1000😲
How to get the private mode work again??
26th January 2015, 09:42 PM |#124  
Flag Sofia
Thanks Meter: 362

More
Nothing works :'( HELP!!
I read the whole thread, tried everything mentioned and... Private Mode nor S Health are working for me. I'm out of ideas, reverted back to using File Hider Pro for now. Hope you can come out with a fix @wanam

PS I got S Health working by making ro.securestorage=false, but Private Mode still doesn't work :'(
This ^ also removed all lag I had in games
25th February 2015, 07:32 AM |#125  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Talking
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanam

Hi guys,

I was not planning to buy a GalaxyS5, but i was lucky to get one as gift this weekend.

One of the issues i noticed on the past two days was the SHealth incompatibility with Xposed (described on this thread), somehow if you are using Xposed framework, Secure storage will fails to process and save data, which leads to Sensor service hangs

This module bypass the secure storage checks on SHealth and Private mode services, and will let you load the SHealth App with no hangs and activate Private mode on Rooted Samsung devices running Xposed framework.

I did just the basic tests for SHealth because i don't use this App anyway, it's not easy to play football with a device on my hands/pocket .

Download

Note:

• You may need to clear SHealth and Health service data (you will loose your Pedometer data).
  • Clearing Personal pages service will break Private mode.
Troubleshooting:
If you can't get Private mode to work after switching to Xposed, you need to go back to a stock FW and backup your private files, after that you can install Xposed and enable my module then remove "/data/system/users/privatemode_edk_1000" as advised by @invano.

Changelog:
1.0.1:
- Add Private mode support.
- App renamed from XHealth to XSecureStorage

Thanks to:
  • Rovo89 for his awesome work on Xposed framework and Mods.
  • Tungstwenty for contribution on Xposed framework and his many Mods

thank you so much. thanks for sharing this. its work now.
5th June 2015, 01:29 PM |#126  
Flag Pisa, Italy
Thanks Meter: 171

Donate to Me
More
Should I use this even if I have Waman Xposed for Lollipop on my new Lollipop S5 Prime?

Tnx.
5th June 2015, 02:12 PM |#127  
OP Recognized Contributor / Developer
Flag ElKsiba
Thanks Meter: 30,058

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by PIRATA!

Should I use this even if I have Waman Xposed for Lollipop on my new Lollipop S5 Prime?

Tnx.

No.
The Following User Says Thank You to wanam For This Useful Post: [ View ]
7th June 2015, 05:17 PM |#128  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Works like a charm on my SM-G900H (Exynos variant) running under KK.

After installing the framework (in order to install the "Global S Health" module), the sensors were frozen and they're now running normally.

Private mode is also fully operational but you have to install (and activate) the mod after wiping/clearing S Health cache/data and reupdating the app.

Envoyé de mon SM-G900H en utilisant Tapatalk
14th July 2015, 11:12 PM |#129  
Flag Santiago
Thanks Meter: 266

Donate to Me
More
Will this ever be updated to work on Lollipop's xposed?
Is there any other solution?
Thanks (:
16th August 2015, 08:45 AM |#130  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanam

Nice catch, i will try it.

i deleted that file but the file didnt come back. how can i restore it? im using an s6 btw

thanks

---------- Post added at 08:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:44 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by invano

Hi,
I also had this issue until some minutes ago.
Honestly I don't know why but before rooting and installing xposed, I think I cleared the PersonalPage service data...I ended up in an unusable PrivateMode like other users on this thread but even worse, for me, the impossibility of removing my fingerprint reading since I was using the fingerprint unlock method with PrivateMode.

I am investigating from 1hour and, as you said, there is something strange with the FsKeyBackup string. The 'getPrivateFsKeyBackup()' method always return null and the entire management of this second key seems to be left to com.sec.knox.container.

BUT

I found 'privatemode_edk_1000' under '/data/system/users' and guess what. By deleting this file (to force its creation again) the backup key is handled correctly, getPrivateFsKeyBackup() does not return null anymore and PrivateMode works again.

*For users which have some files in PrivateMode: this procedure will reinitialize PrivateMode thus all your private data will be destroyed.

I am testing all this stuff on a Note4 N910F

i deleted that file but the file didnt come back. how can i restore it? im using an s6 btw

thanks
17th September 2015, 12:36 PM |#131  
Could you tell me the workaround you used in your mod??? I have a note 4 and I have Lollipop 5.1.1 which doesnt support xposed
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
samsung, secure storage, security, shealth, xposed

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)