FORUMS

AppContext [0.4.7.2] - Better application context for Tasker with Xposed! [4.0.3+]

90 posts
Thanks Meter: 85

By JayShortway, Member on 17th June 2017, 07:10 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Announcement from JayShortway: Service support is here! (Experimentally, but still.)
27th March 2019, 04:44 AM |#141  
Thanks Meter: 46

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRJ442

I use Taskers built in Custom Settings. For Pixel and possibly most AOSP ROMs it's status_bar_clock. 1 to enable and 0 to disable. Some manufacturers and software may change the name for the status bar clock. You may have to do experiments to figure it out. Autotools has a nice way to figure out some custom settings too if you need help with them.

I'm also using custom settings to hide it with the help of AutoInput to detect when I'm on the home screen. Sorry if I wasn't clear, but I was asking how do you detect when you're on the home screen using AppContext in order to flip the value from 1 to 0 and back?
The Following User Says Thank You to nickelnine For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift nickelnine Ad-Free
27th March 2019, 05:36 PM |#142  
Flag Salisbury, Md
Thanks Meter: 2,356

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickelnine

I'm also using custom settings to hide it with the help of AutoInput to detect when I'm on the home screen. Sorry if I wasn't clear, but I was asking how do you detect when you're on the home screen using AppContext in order to flip the value from 1 to 0 and back?

Here's the profile I use for you to check out. Actually I went back to using Taskers built in app trigger for the profile. Seems like sometimes App Context and the new EdXposed don't play nice together. It would stop working for me. Basically what I do is select the apps that I want the status bar clock to show in, enter task turns the clock on via custom settings, exit task turns it off. With that profile you can just select the apps you want it to show in.
https://taskernet.com/shares/?user=A...atus+Bar+Clock
15th May 2019, 07:32 AM |#143  
Flag Cuttack
Thanks Meter: 86

Donate to Me
More
Hi @JayShortway
I just found https://forum.xda-developers.com/xpo...ative-t2883624
This is an app lock. Interesting thing is it allows to select specific activity to lock or ignore.
AppContext also allows specific activity to ignore only & its not selectable. We have to manually find package name & activity name.
It would be nice if we can use specific activity to trigger something in tasker.
16th May 2019, 08:27 PM |#144  
Hi @.:Addicted:., thanks for your feedback!
Quote:
Originally Posted by .:Addicted:.

AppContext also allows specific activity to ignore only & its not selectable. We have to manually find package name & activity name.

Regarding ignored activities, if you want to add one, you can select auto mode. Then you'll see an AppContext notification. If you open the specific activity you wish to ignore, and then tap AppContext's notification, it should be added to the ignore-list.
Quote:
Originally Posted by .:Addicted:.

It would be nice if we can use specific activity to trigger something in tasker.

This is a very good suggestion, and something I have been thinking about for a while! If I find the time, this will probably be one of the first things I work on.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JayShortway For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift JayShortway Ad-Free
12th December 2019, 07:31 PM |#145  
Thanks Meter: 11

More
LogCat
Hello!
I am not familiar with precise mode of action of this plugin, bu have a question.
Would it be possible to replicate functionality of this plugin with newly added Logcat function of Tasker?
Thank you.
26th March 2020, 11:12 AM |#146  
Flag Sydney
Thanks Meter: 10

More
@JayShortway
Not sure if this is really an issue, but appcontext is flooding the logs with

03-25 12:11:12.316 9834 9834 I EdXposed-Bridge: AppContext | Not hooking Services. Preference-file could not be read.

Every few seconds, along with the occasional

03-25 12:11:19.643 9947 9947 I EdXposed-Bridge: AppContext | Not hooking Services. Preference-file read succesfully, and it contains the right key.

Funny thing is that it's not set to hook services at all, so I'm not sure why this entry is even appearing?
Running android 9, pro version
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
appcontext, shortway, tasker, xposed

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)