FORUMS

AppContext [0.4.7.2] - Better application context for Tasker with Xposed! [4.0.3+]

90 posts
Thanks Meter: 85

By JayShortway, Member on 17th June 2017, 07:10 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Announcement from JayShortway: Service support is here! (Experimentally, but still.)
22nd June 2017, 10:13 PM |#21  
Thanks Meter: 26

More
Would it be possible to add a configuration to capture the native launch event (ie. prevent launch) after detecting the on Start apps? I want to implement a custom launch event (floating), but currently the app launches then I relaunch it as floating. Preventing the original launch would smooth out the process.

Thanks for considering.

Edit: Perhaps a better way to put this is to add a prelaunch event. App icon was clicked or launch called but the main activity has not displayed yet (and won't).
The Following User Says Thank You to palmuse For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift palmuse Ad-Free
23rd June 2017, 08:15 AM |#22  
Thanks Meter: 35

More
It works well. Nice module.
It does exactly does what it says. But i have observed that if app is resumed from recents or anywhere else it doesnt detects ... as it now detects onStart and onStop.

Can u please add few more context for ... when app comes to focus and when app loses focus?? It will become more handy.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to aadi50 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift aadi50 Ad-Free
24th June 2017, 03:14 AM |#23  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
is there any way this can be made compatible with xposed v86? im still running suhide with topjohnwu' s v86.2 of xposed so i can bypass safetynet checks but this would be super helpful
The Following User Says Thank You to evilbluechickens For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift evilbluechickens Ad-Free
24th June 2017, 03:07 PM |#24  
Quote:
Originally Posted by palmuse

Would it be possible to add a configuration to capture the native launch event (ie. prevent launch) after detecting the on Start apps? I want to implement a custom launch event (floating), but currently the app launches then I relaunch it as floating. Preventing the original launch would smooth out the process.

Thanks for considering.

Edit: Perhaps a better way to put this is to add a prelaunch event. App icon was clicked or launch called but the main activity has not displayed yet (and won't).

I think I see what you mean. Am I correct in saying you want some apps to be always launched floating? And you'd like to accomplish this by creating an AppContext Event Profile that triggers when the app is (attempted to be) launched, and then prevents that? And then you'd have your own Task that launches that app floating?

It's an interesting idea, and I'll see if I can come up with something. I can't promise anything though, as I am not certain it is possible. Maybe there's something in the ActivityManager that I can hook into.
24th June 2017, 03:14 PM |#25  
Quote:
Originally Posted by aadi50

It works well. Nice module.
It does exactly does what it says. But i have observed that if app is resumed from recents or anywhere else it doesnt detects ... as it now detects onStart and onStop.

Can u please add few more context for ... when app comes to focus and when app loses focus?? It will become more handy.

Thanks for the feedback. It should, however, detect if an app is resumed from Recents if you're using Event Profiles. If it doesn't, than that would be a bug.
By 'losing focus', do you mean something like sliding down the notifications panel?
24th June 2017, 03:16 PM |#26  
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilbluechickens

is there any way this can be made compatible with xposed v86? im still running suhide with topjohnwu' s v86.2 of xposed so i can bypass safetynet checks but this would be super helpful

I think that shouldn't be a problem. To be honest, I wasn't aware of a reason not to be on the latest Xposed Framework, but this is a pretty good one
24th June 2017, 04:47 PM |#27  
Thanks Meter: 26

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayShortway

I think I see what you mean. Am I correct in saying you want some apps to be always launched floating? And you'd like to accomplish this by creating an AppContext Event Profile that triggers when the app is (attempted to be) launched, and then prevents that? And then you'd have your own Task that launches that app floating?

It's an interesting idea, and I'll see if I can come up with something. I can't promise anything though, as I am not certain it is possible. Maybe there's something in the ActivityManager that I can hook into.

You got it exactly. I appreciate your looking into it.

If there isn't anything you can hook into, perhaps adding the option to block the launch intent on start while still capturing the event might work. (Oh! capturing the Launch Intent or Main Activity in a variable would be a huge plus too! $$)

Another use of this is, as an example, is redirecting.

I have a profile that launches 2 apps in specified order whenever my phone is idle on the home screen while charging with the screen on.

I first launch an app called Current Wallpaper (displays the wallpaper, live or not, in fullscreen). I then launch an app called Huge Clock with a transparent background. I end up with a nice clean desktop clock whenever my phone is idle. I have this up all night as my bedside clock.

Right now I have a profile set so that whenever I launch Current Wallpaper, Huge Clock launches automatically right after. Works well enough, but I cannot use the Current Wallpaper app in any other context.

If I could capture, but prevent, launch of Huge Clock, I could set up a App Context profile for Huge Clock itself to run a task launching the apps normally in order. Thus I get the end result by monitoring the target app while freeing up Current Wallpaper.

A bit of a Rube Goldberg scenario, but I like the simplicity of this combination. Have not found another app that accomplishes this minimalist look.

Anywho... I appreciate your investigation. Let me know if I can test anything for you.

BTW: combining the power of Xposed and Tasker is PURE GENIUS! My mind is swimming at the possibilities. If you have the time, I think you could make some money with a fleet of integration apps.
The Following User Says Thank You to palmuse For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift palmuse Ad-Free
25th June 2017, 05:06 AM |#28  
Thanks Meter: 35

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayShortway

Thanks for the feedback. It should, however, detect if an app is resumed from Recents if you're using Event Profiles. If it doesn't, than that would be a bug.
By 'losing focus', do you mean something like sliding down the notifications panel?

Yeah sliding notification is surely another example of lost focus. But i actually meant... If i press home button to make the app run in Background... Then i think it is more like 'lostFocus'... Not stopped.

And I created a task to flash the %acpackage variable on all apps. And in result the alert appears only when app is started first time. And if i resume the same app the toast doesn't flash. So i think it doesnt detect on resuming apps.
25th June 2017, 12:33 PM |#29  
Quote:
Originally Posted by palmuse

You got it exactly. I appreciate your looking into it.

If there isn't anything you can hook into, perhaps adding the option to block the launch intent on start while still capturing the event might work.

Anywho... I appreciate your investigation. Let me know if I can test anything for you.

BTW: combining the power of Xposed and Tasker is PURE GENIUS! My mind is swimming at the possibilities. If you have the time, I think you could make some money with a fleet of integration apps.

Interesting setup you have I'll look into what I can do, and if I need anything tested I'll let you know. Thanks for that!
And thanks for the compliment haha. There are indeed lots of possibilities.
25th June 2017, 12:38 PM |#30  
Quote:
Originally Posted by aadi50

Yeah sliding notification is surely another example of lost focus. But i actually meant... If i press home button to make the app run in Background... Then i think it is more like 'lostFocus'... Not stopped.

And I created a task to flash the %acpackage variable on all apps. And in result the alert appears only when app is started first time. And if i resume the same app the toast doesn't flash. So i think it doesnt detect on resuming apps.

If you press the Home-button, the app's Activity is stopped, so it should fire the Stop Event.
Are you using Event Profiles for your %acpackage flash Task? If so, it should flash %acpackage each time you open the app, as long as you have switched to another app in between. If it doesn't, I'm afraid it's a bug
26th June 2017, 07:32 PM |#31  
AppContext 0.3.2
Hi everyone,

I have just released AppContext 0.3.2! It is now available on Google Play, XDA Labs and the Xposed Module Repository.
It is another bugfix update. It downgrades the minimum required version of the Xposed Framework to 86 (as requested by @evilbluechickens), fixes the search bar being unresponsive sometimes, and handles the Xposed Framework installed (systemlessly) via Magisk more elegantly. It also fixes some other minor bugs.

I have made some progress on adding support for Services, which will most probably be the first new feature to be implemented. Not yet in this release though.

Please report any bugs in this thread, or by using the in-app Feedback button or sending an email to [email protected]. Thanks!

Enjoy!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JayShortway For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift JayShortway Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
appcontext, shortway, tasker, xposed

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)