FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Clarity - Contact thumbnails you don't mind looking at.

456 posts
Thanks Meter: 781

Post Reply Email Thread
Announcement from Kevin M: Clarity v1.2-cfad189 now available!
8th August 2016, 11:40 PM |#101  
OP Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 781

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MayuraDeSilva

If I had Clarity enabled and upgrade the ROM (CM13) to a new version, the upgrading process continue until optimizing the apps but then stuck with a message Preparing Contacts Storage.

Even if I turn off and on again, it comes down to the same message and won't continue from that point.

Any workaround for this issue or is this a known bug?

Thanks.

I did run into this while doing some testing. I was able to get past this by going back into recovery and flashing CM 13 fresh without flashing Xposed. It would boot and then I'd go back into recovery and flash Xposed. Didn't have to wipe data (just cache as normal). Not sure what the exact issue with the module is yet.
The Following User Says Thank You to Kevin M For This Useful Post: [ View ]

9th August 2016, 03:28 AM |#102  
Thanks Meter: 57

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin M

I did run into this while doing some testing. I was able to get past this by going back into recovery and flashing CM 13 fresh without flashing Xposed. It would boot and then I'd go back into recovery and flash Xposed. Didn't have to wipe data (just cache as normal). Not sure what the exact issue with the module is yet.

Good to know. I was flashing Xposed right after CM13. Thanks for the workaround and hope you can find a resolution too.
1st December 2016, 04:31 PM |#103  
Flag Cumberland
Thanks Meter: 121

More
I want this to work so badly. Makes no sense for these oem makers and devs not to enforce High Quality stuff out of the box. HTC M9 here, not working. Maybe getting an HTC 10 for the holidays- hope it to work on there.

Quote:

Clarity v1.2-cfad189
HTC HTC One M9 MRA58K release-keys
Starting task on 2016-12-01 at 11:27:42 AM
Dimen = 256, Dry Run = false, Backups = false, Reboot = false
Cache = /data/user/0/com.versobit.kmark.clarity/cache
Contacts = /data/data/com.android.providers.contacts
Shell: 15 - getenforce
Command 15 returned 0
Permissive
Clarity UID = 10251, Contacts UID = 10034
Copying contacts database to cache…
Shell: 1 - rm /data/user/0/com.versobit.kmark.clarity/cache/contacts2.db
Shell: 2 - rm /data/user/0/com.versobit.kmark.clarity/cache/contacts2.db-journal
Shell: 3 - cp /data/data/com.android.providers.contacts/databases/contacts2.db /data/user/0/com.versobit.kmark.clarity/cache
Shell: 4 - cp /data/data/com.android.providers.contacts/databases/contacts2.db-journal /data/user/0/com.versobit.kmark.clarity/cache
Shell: 5 - chown +10251:+10251 /data/user/0/com.versobit.kmark.clarity/cache/contacts2.db
Shell: 6 - chown +10251:+10251 /data/user/0/com.versobit.kmark.clarity/cache/contacts2.db-journal
Command 1 returned 0
Command 2 returned 0
Command 3 returned 0
Command 4 returned 0
Command 5 returned 0
Command 6 returned 0
Copying photos to cache…
Shell: 7 - rm -r /data/user/0/com.versobit.kmark.clarity/cache/photos
Shell: 8 - cp -R /data/data/com.android.providers.contacts/files/photos /data/user/0/com.versobit.kmark.clarity/cache
Shell: 9 - chown +10251:+10251 /data/user/0/com.versobit.kmark.clarity/cache/photos
Shell: 10 - chown +10251:+10251 /data/user/0/com.versobit.kmark.clarity/cache/photos/*
Command 7 returned 0
Command 8 returned 0
Command 9 returned 0
Command 10 returned 1
chown: /data/user/0/com.versobit.kmark.clarity/cache/photos/*: No such file or directory
Opening contacts database…
Querying for contacts with photos…
0 found.
Placing 0 new thumbnails into the contacts database…
Copying contacts database back to its original location…
Shell: 11 - cp /data/user/0/com.versobit.kmark.clarity/cache/contacts2.db /data/data/com.android.providers.contacts/databases/contacts2.db
Shell: 13 - chown +10034:+10034 /data/data/com.android.providers.contacts/databases/contacts2.db
Shell: 12 - cp /data/user/0/com.versobit.kmark.clarity/cache/contacts2.db-journal /data/data/com.android.providers.contacts/databases/contacts2.db-journal
Shell: 14 - chown +10034:+10034 /data/data/com.android.providers.contacts/databases/contacts2.db-journal
Command 11 returned 0
Command 13 returned 0
Command 12 returned 0
Command 14 returned 0
Contact thumbnail database upgrade completed successfully.
Task ended on 2016-12-01 at 11:27:43 AM

17th December 2016, 02:40 PM |#104  
Flag Cumberland
Thanks Meter: 121

More
Hello again. Got my HTC 10 rooted and Xposed. This module still doesn't work. I'm supposing the default paths used by the module for most devices aren't the same for HTC devices. HTC must have moved the paths around. Is there any way to give an option to search for HTC based paths if this is the case?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
contacts, database, thumbnails, xposed

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)