FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Clarity - Contact thumbnails you don't mind looking at.

456 posts
Thanks Meter: 781

Post Reply Email Thread
Announcement from Kevin M: Clarity v1.2-cfad189 now available!
25th March 2015, 05:59 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 77

More
[QUOTE=Kevin M;59678574]Thanks! Both the DB processor and the Xposed mod seem to be working well?
/QUOTE]

yes both are working smoothly ! This is something that should be done by Google themselves !
Tested on BlissPop and Temasek 5.0.2 Lollipop for OnePlus One !

---------- Post added at 10:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:27 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin M

Thanks! Both the DB processor and the Xposed mod seem to be working well?

Yes both are working seamlessly !
Tested on BlissPop and Temasek 5.0.2 Lollipop for OPO !

25th March 2015, 06:38 PM |#12  
OP Recognized Developer

Donate to Me
More
[QUOTE=M3gAtR0N;59678641]
Quote:

Thanks! Both the DB processor and the Xposed mod seem to be working well?
/QUOTE]

yes both are working smoothly ! This is something that should be done by Google themselves !
Tested on BlissPop and Temasek 5.0.2 Lollipop for OnePlus One !

---------- Post added at 10:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:27 PM ----------

Yes both are working seamlessly !
Tested on BlissPop and Temasek 5.0.2 Lollipop for OPO !

Great, thanks again. The Xposed modification that Clarity makes to Android can actually be done by ROM devs (or of course Google). I'm assuming at least someone out there does this.

If you're a ROM maintainer consider adding Clarity's simple modification to your ROM. Reference the XClarity.java file for implementation details.
25th March 2015, 06:48 PM |#13  
Little Rock
Thanks Meter: 96

More
I've always wondered what the hell is going on when I get a new phone and some contacts images are blurry when they never were before in the previous phone. Happens everytime. Downloading now.
25th March 2015, 07:45 PM |#14  
Flag SF Bay Area
Thanks Meter: 543

More
app seemed to work great on TMO Note 4 with CM 3/24 nightly . . . . until I pushed the Home button. I am then asked which launcher I want to use as Home and I choose Nova (which I already chose before). Then I get message that says "Unfortunately Android System has stopped." This happens every time I hit the home button. It happens if I choose Google Now Launcher too. This problem happened immediately after installing the mod and hadn't happened before. Still happens if I disable mod and reinstall Nova. Any ideas?

EDIT: if I go to settings - home and choose launcher there, it fixes it. Not sure why that is necessary. You should be able to choose default launcher when it ask you if you always want to use that launcher....
25th March 2015, 07:52 PM |#15  
OP Recognized Developer

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcdavid

app seemed to work great on TMO Note 4 with CM 3/24 nightly . . . . until I pushed the Home button. I am then asked which launcher I want to use as Home and I choose Nova (which I already chose before). Then I get message that says "Unfortunately Android System has stopped." This happens every time I hit the home button. It happens if I choose Google Now Launcher too. This problem happened immediately after installing the mod and hadn't happened before. Still happens if I disable mod and reinstall Nova. Any ideas?

EDIT: if I go to settings - home and choose launcher there, it fixes it. Not sure why that is necessary. You should be able to choose default launcher when it ask you if you always want to use that launcher....

Quite odd. Did you reboot after running the DB processor?
The Following User Says Thank You to Kevin M For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th March 2015, 08:17 PM |#16  
Flag SF Bay Area
Thanks Meter: 543

More
Quote:

Quite odd. Did you reboot after running the DB processor?

Like an idiot, I didn't read the entire OP. So, I just installed it and rebooted and had the issues I mentioned. In other words, I hadn't even tried the DB Processor yet. I have since read the OP and ran the DB Processor and had no issues. All is well. Still not sure why what I described happened. As long as others know they might have to assign home launcher via settings, it's not a big deal. Thanks for your fast response.
25th March 2015, 09:17 PM |#17  
Thanks Meter: 1,452

Donate to Me
More
So, in theory, would you be able to install this and run the DB processor to create hi-res thumbnails and then remove the app? I ask because Xposed is not stable on my device (it works, but causes random reboots), so running this and getting it setup then removing Xposed would be ideal for me. Or I can just try and modify my ROM to get it to work without Xposed (I haven't read the implementation details yet).

EDIT: To answer my own question - YES, this works Made a nandroid, got everything setup, removed Clairty and Xposed, and restored my /system partition. Good to go!
25th March 2015, 10:46 PM |#18  
Flag Florida
Thanks Meter: 665

More
Doesnt work on Lollipop TouchWiz on the Note 4. Expected but o well
26th March 2015, 05:23 AM |#19  
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 439

Donate to Me
More
What size are y'all using? 256 or increased it?

---------- Post added at 09:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:49 AM ----------

It refuses to change detect contacts

Out of all, it only finds 1 photo and claims it's not even square

Any help?

26th March 2015, 11:16 AM |#20  
Thanks Meter: 20

More
I don't see any differences. LG G2 with CM 12.

ok it works now.
26th March 2015, 08:36 PM |#21  
Flag Germany
Thanks Meter: 611

More
Worked fine for me (both). Nexus 6 and Temasek Rom, good work!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
contacts, database, thumbnails, xposed

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)