FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Clarity - Contact thumbnails you don't mind looking at.

456 posts
Thanks Meter: 781

Post Reply Email Thread
Announcement from Kevin M: Clarity v1.2-cfad189 now available!
26th March 2015, 08:36 PM |#21  
Flag Germany
Thanks Meter: 611

More
Worked fine for me (both). Nexus 6 and Temasek Rom, good work!

27th March 2015, 07:47 AM |#23  
OP Recognized Developer

Donate to Me
More
Sorry, currently on spring break.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cambunch

So, in theory, would you be able to install this and run the DB processor to create hi-res thumbnails and then remove the app? I ask because Xposed is not stable on my device (it works, but causes random reboots), so running this and getting it setup then removing Xposed would be ideal for me. Or I can just try and modify my ROM to get it to work without Xposed (I haven't read the implementation details yet).

EDIT: To answer my own question - YES, this works Made a nandroid, got everything setup, removed Clairty and Xposed, and restored my /system partition. Good to go!

Yes although you can install this app without Xposed and purely use it for the db processor. You just need root. The downside to the processor is that it only updates things currently in the database. So if one of your contacts has an updated photo then you will have to run the processor again to resize it. When Android adds the updated photo to the database it will be 96x96 again.

Two ways you could go about modifying the ROM. If you're building from source all you have to do is change one field and you're done (after recompiling). If you're not from source then you'll need to disassemble the Contacts Provider APK, change the field in the smali file, and then reassemble making sure it's correctly signed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by altimax98

Doesnt work on Lollipop TouchWiz on the Note 4. Expected but o well

My experimental instructions here appeared to work for a Galaxy S4 + TouchWiz user. It may work for your Note. Please note that your Contacts UID will be different. And to properly backup. Proceed with caution.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgshah3

What size are y'all using? 256 or increased it?

---------- Post added at 09:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:49 AM ----------

It refuses to change detect contacts

Out of all, it only finds 1 photo and claims it's not even square

Any help?

I didn't create code to handle square cropping an image if needed so I avoided it altogether by ignoring non-perfectly square source images. This is something I will fix eventually. How many contacts with photos are in your Contacts app?
27th March 2015, 08:16 AM |#24  
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 439

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin M

Sorry, currently on spring break.

Yes although you can install this app without Xposed and purely use it for the db processor. You just need root. The downside to the processor is that it only updates things currently in the database. So if one of your contacts has an updated photo then you will have to run the processor again to resize it. When Android adds the updated photo to the database it will be 96x96 again.

Two ways you could go about modifying the ROM. If you're building from source all you have to do is change one field and you're done (after recompiling). If you're not from source then you'll need to disassemble the Contacts Provider APK, change the field in the smali file, and then reassemble making sure it's correctly signed.

My experimental instructions here appeared to work for a Galaxy S4 + TouchWiz user. It may work for your Note. Please note that your Contacts UID will be different. And to properly backup. Proceed with caution.

I didn't create code to handle square cropping an image if needed so I avoided it altogether by ignoring non-perfectly square source images. This is something I will fix eventually. How many contacts with photos are in your Contacts app?

I have atleast 200 with pictures

Doesn't detect them!
The pictures are linked to my Google account
29th March 2015, 12:08 PM |#25  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Using stock 4.4.4 on a 2013 Moto X. No luck with the processor.
29th March 2015, 03:52 PM |#26  
Flag Morristown, TN
Thanks Meter: 202

More
Getting the following error:

Starting task on 2015-03-29 at 10:49:55 AM
Dimen = 256, Dry Run = true, Backups = true, Reboot = true
Cache = /data/data/com.versobit.kmark.clarity/cache
Contacts = /data/data/com.android.providers.contacts
SELinux is enforcing.
Clarity UID = 10067, Contacts UID = 10003
Copying contacts database to cache…
Error: Failed to copy database to cache true, false, false, true, false, false
Task ended on 2015-03-29 at 10:49:56 AM

What's the issue?

---
Eric
VzwGS4
MDK
30th March 2015, 07:51 AM |#27  
OP Recognized Developer

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgshah3

I have atleast 200 with pictures

Doesn't detect them!
The pictures are linked to my Google account

If the photos are coming from Google that could be the problem. The one photo it is finding must've been set manually or simply synced from elsewhere. I'll take a look at how Google contact photos are treated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by winjer

Using stock 4.4.4 on a 2013 Moto X. No luck with the processor.

Thanks for giving it a go. Please post a db proc log here within some [ code ] tags.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spookymyo

Getting the following error:

Starting task on 2015-03-29 at 10:49:55 AM
Dimen = 256, Dry Run = true, Backups = true, Reboot = true
Cache = /data/data/com.versobit.kmark.clarity/cache
Contacts = /data/data/com.android.providers.contacts
SELinux is enforcing.
Clarity UID = 10067, Contacts UID = 10003
Copying contacts database to cache…
Error: Failed to copy database to cache true, false, false, true, false, false
Task ended on 2015-03-29 at 10:49:56 AM

What's the issue?

---
Eric
VzwGS4
MDK

This seems to be a common theme among TouchWiz users. Here are some experimental instructions that worked for another S4 user. Please note that your Contacts UID will be different. According to your log your Contacts UID is 10003.
The Following User Says Thank You to Kevin M For This Useful Post: [ View ]
30th March 2015, 09:52 PM |#28  
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 439

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

If the photos are coming from Google that could be the problem. The one photo it is finding must've been set manually or simply synced from elsewhere. I'll take a look at how Google contact photos are treated.

Thanks for giving it a go. Please post a db proc log here within some [ code ] tags.

This seems to be a common theme among TouchWiz users. Here are some experimental instructions that worked for another S4 user. Please note that your Contacts UID will be different. According to your log your Contacts UID is 10003.

Ah okay! Want to make those Google images clear!
Would be delighted if you managed to fix it
31st March 2015, 05:10 AM |#29  
Flag Morristown, TN
Thanks Meter: 202

More
Quote:

I'm not on a touchwiz rom I'm on CM11.

---
Eric
VzwGS4
MDK
31st March 2015, 05:24 AM |#30  
OP Recognized Developer

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spookymyo

I'm not on a touchwiz rom I'm on CM11.

---
Eric
VzwGS4
MDK

My apologies. The instructions may still be valid for you. Can you please verify that the contacts.db-journal file is missing? If so then it sounds like the same issues that TouchWiz is having.
1st April 2015, 01:40 AM |#31  
Flag Newcastle
Thanks Meter: 472

More
This sounds great I've run it. is there any concrete way of confirming this did do the job?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
contacts, database, thumbnails, xposed

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)