FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[DISCONTINUED][XPOSED][APP] Samsung-like MultiWindow for ALL devices

95 posts
Thanks Meter: 34

By cadialex, Member on 23rd April 2014, 11:16 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
[Warning] Due to exams, I am not able to work on this mod anymore for the moment. Please do not report bugs anymore and thanks to the guys who tested the first app version
Will continue this project ASAP, but exams can not wait ^^' [Warning]

Hello everyone,

in the spirit of improving our phones I developped an Xposed module that enables true MultiWindow on EVERY android device. I based on a mod created by Chin-Z, and improved it a little and added a Samsung-like FlashBar. The mod is in early alpha stage, but I would like to share it with you. I haven't got lots of time to write this post, but I will improve it in the future, no worry

Some features could have some layout problems. If something goes wrong, don't worry ^^. You can still launch my app in the stock launcher and click on the actionbar to disable the service (perhaps you'll need to click on the "start" button before).

The source code of the application is available on GitHub. Feel free to commit patches / fixes / improvements / translations.
http://github.com/cadialex/MultiWindow
I will not always provide the latest release of the application on this thread. You may compile the app yourself, but not post it anywhere. Always mention people who made it work.

INSTRUCTIONS

1) Download the attached MultiWindow.apk
2) Install and enable in Xposed
3) Reboot
4) Launch the service in the app
5) Enjoy

CHANGELOG

Version 1.0.0 - Initial release

THANKS
Chin-Z
zst123

If I forgot you, just tell me and I'll add you as soon as possible :P

PLEASE ONLY SEND BUGS IN PM. SOME FEATURES ARE OF COURSE MISSING, AND SO APPS COULD FORCE CLOSE AS IT IS IN EARLY ALPHA PHASE. YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE OF ALL THE BRICKS / HARMS YOUR DEVICE COULD FACE UP DURING THIS PROCESS. DO ONLY PROCEED IF YOU KNOW WHAT A BACKUP IS !
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-04-22-17-20-24.jpg
Views:	4648
Size:	52.0 KB
ID:	2704801   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-04-22-17-24-09.png
Views:	4999
Size:	75.9 KB
ID:	2704802   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-04-22-17-24-15.jpg
Views:	4574
Size:	53.8 KB
ID:	2704803  
Attached Files
File Type: apk MultiWindow.apk - [Click for QR Code] (284.5 KB, 4243 views)
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to cadialex For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift cadialex Ad-Free

23rd April 2014, 11:23 PM |#2  
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 1,082

More
Thank you testing now

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to Aashuk Mehta For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Aashuk Mehta Ad-Free
23rd April 2014, 11:40 PM |#3  
The mod force closes on Galaxy Note 10.1 n8013. Running Omnirom 4.4.2 nightlies, no multi window or floating window in this ROM, so nothing would be interfering with your mod.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to electrikjesus For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift electrikjesus Ad-Free
23rd April 2014, 11:45 PM |#4  
OP Member
Flag Lausanne

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by electrikjesus

The mod force closes on Galaxy Note 10.1 n8013. Running Omnirom 4.4.2 nightlies, no multi window or floating window in this ROM, so nothing would be interfering with your mod.

What did FC ? The "MOD" or the system ?
Could you provide a logcat ?
The MOD works nicely on my phone with Stock ROM

Sent from my GT-I9070 using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to cadialex For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift cadialex Ad-Free
23rd April 2014, 11:57 PM |#5  
Just the multi window app, it force closes whenever I try and run it by clicking on the icon or selecting the mod in Xposed.
The Following User Says Thank You to electrikjesus For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift electrikjesus Ad-Free
24th April 2014, 12:04 AM |#6  
OP Member
Flag Lausanne

More
Quote:

Just the multi window app, it force closes whenever I try and run it by clicking on the icon or selecting the mod in Xposed.

Got a logcat plz ?

Sent from my GT-I9070 using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to cadialex For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift cadialex Ad-Free
24th April 2014, 12:04 AM |#7  
Sending it via is pm

24th April 2014, 12:10 AM |#8  
Flag Mumbai

More
Bug reports sent by pm hope you saw it😆

The Following User Says Thank You to Aashuk Mehta For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Aashuk Mehta Ad-Free
24th April 2014, 01:20 AM |#9  
OP Member
Flag Lausanne

More
Info 2 Source code
Added GitHub repo in the OP. Thanks for your futures contributions
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cadialex For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift cadialex Ad-Free
24th April 2014, 06:43 AM |#10  
Flag Mumbai

More

This is the screenshot of app bar not closing

24th April 2014, 06:44 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 1,186

More
Quote:

Note that omni usurps the 0x20000 flag for its split view which is not active at this point. So this defeats various halo-type modules. The "other" split screen module went over to 0x10000 instead to avoid the problem.

Both modules share similar UI problems, necessity of yet-another-sidebar, etc. Omni's would work off the omniswitch bar.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
alpha, app, mod, multiwindow, xposed

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)