FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Fix kitkat SMS MAP (bluetooth) originator

2,644 posts
Thanks Meter: 2,750
 
By garyd9, Inactive Recognized Developer on 25th May 2014, 06:00 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
29th May 2014, 03:30 PM |#11  
garyd9's Avatar
OP Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag Pittsburgh, PA
Thanks Meter: 2,750
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by thuddome

Tried this on my Galaxy S5 with my Jeep 430N. No go so far, still getting "no number available" for every person.

Can you post/attach a copy of the xposed log when this module is active? That should let me know if the module was able to hook the methods it expected or not.

thanks
Gary
The Following User Says Thank You to garyd9 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift garyd9 Ad-Free
 
 
29th May 2014, 04:10 PM |#12  
thuddome's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Denver
Thanks Meter: 129
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by garyd9

Can you post/attach a copy of the xposed log when this module is active? That should let me know if the module was able to hook the methods it expected or not.

thanks
Gary

-----------------
May 29, 2014 3:01:05 PM UTC
Loading Xposed v54 (for Zygote)...
Running ROM 'KOT49H.G900VOYU1ANCG' with fingerprint 'Verizon/kltevzw/kltevzw:4.4.2/KOT49H/G900VOYU1ANCG:user/release-keys'
Loading modules from /data/app/mobi.xperiacle.xposed.mod.xbatterythemer-1.apk
Loading class mobi.xperiacle.xposed.mod.xbatterythemer.XMod
Loading modules from /data/app/org.garyndenise.xposed.btsmsmapfix-1.apk
Loading class org.garyndenise.xposed.btsmsmapfix.BTSmsMapFix
Loading modules from /data/app/com.botsone.higoogle-1.apk
Loading class com.botsone.higoogle.HiGoogle
Loading modules from /data/app/pl.suzume.xposed.samsungaltsymbols-1.apk
Loading class pl.suzume.xposed.samsungaltsymbols.SamsungAltSymbo ls
Loading modules from /data/app/com.oasisfeng.greenify-2.apk
Loading class com.oasisfeng.greenify.pro.FrameworkPatch
Loading class com.oasisfeng.greenify.pro.SettingsPatch
Loading modules from /data/app/ccc71.at.free-4.apk
Loading class ccc71.at.xposed.at_xposed_enabled
Loading class ccc71.at.xposed.at_remove_battery_icon
Loading class ccc71.at.xposed.at_remove_low_battery_warning
Loading class ccc71.at.xposed.at_apps
Loading class ccc71.at.xposed.at_fix_mnt_asec
Loading modules from /data/app/ma.wanam.xposed-7.apk
Loading class ma.wanam.xposed.Xposed
Loading modules from /data/app/com.mohammadag.xposedledcontrol-1.apk
Loading class com.mohammadag.xposedledcontrol.LedControlMod
Loading modules from /data/app/com.gertlily.xposed.touchwiz-1.apk
Loading class com.gertlily.xposed.touchwiz.ActivitySQBar
Loading modules from /data/app/com.gsamlabs.xposed.mods.enablebatterystatspermiss ion-1.apk
Loading class com.gsamlabs.xposed.mods.enablebatterystatspermiss ion.HookGetStatisticsMethodCall
Loading modules from /data/app/net.thinkindifferent.dataconnectioniconfix-1.apk
Loading class net.thinkindifferent.dataconnectioniconfix.DataCon nectionIconFix
Loading modules from /data/app/ma.wanam.youtubeadaway-2.apk
Loading class ma.wanam.youtubeadaway.Xposed
Loading modules from /data/app/com.hunterx.pandorapatcher-1.apk
Loading class com.hunterx.pandorapatcher.Patches
Loading modules from /data/app/uk.co.villainrom.pulser.allowlongsms-1.apk
Loading class uk.co.villainrom.pulser.allowlongsms.AllowLongSMS
Hooking: android from /data/data/ccc71.at.free/xposed/at_crystal_apps
Hooking: android from /data/data/ccc71.at.free/xposed/at_sd_apps
XBatteryThemer: xbatterytheme.kmokhtar79.darkblueglass
[SamsungAltSymbols] INFO: Initializing hooks...
[SamsungAltSymbols] ERROR: com.diotek.ime.implement.view.KeyboardView#setSeco ndarySymbolStatus(int)#exact
[SamsungAltSymbols] INFO: Hooked succesfully!
Loaded app: com.vlingo.midas

---------- Post added at 09:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:07 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by garyd9

Can you post/attach a copy of the xposed log when this module is active? That should let me know if the module was able to hook the methods it expected or not.

thanks
Gary

I have not deleted the pair and re paired the device. Do you think that's necessary? I will try just in case.
29th May 2014, 04:31 PM |#13  
garyd9's Avatar
OP Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag Pittsburgh, PA
Thanks Meter: 2,750
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by thuddome

I have not deleted the pair and re paired the device. Do you think that's necessary? I will try just in case.

That's not needed. I don't see any error from my module, which indicates that either the bluetooth package was renamed by samsung, or that something else entirely is going on. I'll try to remember to repackage a new version with excess logging for you tonight to help diagnose the issue.

(I should warn you, however, that I'm married with kids, etc - so I might not get a chance to do it until the weekend.)

Take care
Gary
The Following User Says Thank You to garyd9 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift garyd9 Ad-Free
29th May 2014, 04:41 PM |#14  
thuddome's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Denver
Thanks Meter: 129
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by garyd9

That's not needed. I don't see any error from my module, which indicates that either the bluetooth package was renamed by samsung, or that something else entirely is going on. I'll try to remember to repackage a new version with excess logging for you tonight to help diagnose the issue.

(I should warn you, however, that I'm married with kids, etc - so I might not get a chance to do it until the weekend.)

Take care
Gary

Thank you my friend, I completely understand. This has been going on since my S3 phone, so what's another hour, week, month... hehe

I tried some of the bluetooth apps on playstore with no success. This has been frustrating, the Jeep radio has contact pics, etc and none of it works. I can have it read texts and use the bluetooth phone of course but nothing with contacts works.

I'm a techy (infrastructure architect), let me know if you need anything from me. Maybe I should learn some of this stuff...

BTW, Galaxy S5 Dev Edition, rooted, stock 4.4.2 image - MyGig-430N-RHB-Firmware 50.xx.xx
29th May 2014, 05:36 PM |#15  
garyd9's Avatar
OP Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag Pittsburgh, PA
Thanks Meter: 2,750
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by thuddome

This has been going on since my S3 phone
...
... the Jeep radio has contact pics, etc and none of it works. I can have it read texts and use the bluetooth phone of course but nothing with contacts works.

S3? Galaxy S3? Which version of android? (My wife had a SGS3 running the original ICS firmware and it worked perfectly for her without any mods needed.)

Your Jeep's 430 has contact pics? Now I'm really confused... This is the uconnect 430 head unit, right? I wasn't aware of ANY on-screen contact pics or even on-screen phone book for this head unit. In fact, it's always annoyed me that my wife's head unit didn't DISPLAY the phonebook, but could only be interacted with verbally...

Also, assuming it's the same uconnect 430 that I'm thinking of, if the phonebook itself isn't downloading properly to the radio (as you seem to describe) then this SMS MAP module can't work.... Even if this module sends the proper originator phone number for an SMS message, if there isn't a matching phone book entry already in the radio, then it'll always announce an unknown sender.

So, I guess we should take a couple steps backwards and re-assess the problem. First, I need to know if your phone book is even properly downloading into the radio head unit. Without that, SMS messages will always be announced as unknown (and this xposed module can't fix that.)
The Following User Says Thank You to garyd9 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift garyd9 Ad-Free
29th May 2014, 06:13 PM |#16  
thuddome's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Denver
Thanks Meter: 129
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by garyd9

S3? Galaxy S3? Which version of android? (My wife had a SGS3 running the original ICS firmware and it worked perfectly for her without any mods needed.)

Your Jeep's 430 has contact pics? Now I'm really confused... This is the uconnect 430 head unit, right? I wasn't aware of ANY on-screen contact pics or even on-screen phone book for this head unit. In fact, it's always annoyed me that my wife's head unit didn't DISPLAY the phonebook, but could only be interacted with verbally...

Also, assuming it's the same uconnect 430 that I'm thinking of, if the phonebook itself isn't downloading properly to the radio (as you seem to describe) then this SMS MAP module can't work.... Even if this module sends the proper originator phone number for an SMS message, if there isn't a matching phone book entry already in the radio, then it'll always announce an unknown sender.

So, I guess we should take a couple steps backwards and re-assess the problem. First, I need to know if your phone book is even properly downloading into the radio head unit. Without that, SMS messages will always be announced as unknown (and this xposed module can't fix that.)

I have a 2012 Rubicon, with the 430 and the "older" Uconnect, not the new one that connects to the internet through the phone. When I pair it, it says it's downloading the phone book. I can see this if I hit the phone button right after pairing. It will say "Downloading Phone book". If I go in and have it pull up the phone book it will read me the names.... I've also tried adding favorite contacts or whatever it calls them, where the 430 has you send it contacts via bluetooth and that didn't change anything either. When I get an incoming call and the little white square pops up it will show the person's name, not sure if that's call id or from the phonebook on the 430.

When an incoming call comes in it pops up the screen (when in the phone screen) and there's what I assume is a contact picture but it just has the Jeep logo.

Let me go re-pair and manually download the phonebook and see if that makes any difference. Kind of start over from scratch, you got me thinking... that's scary
29th May 2014, 06:36 PM |#17  
garyd9's Avatar
OP Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag Pittsburgh, PA
Thanks Meter: 2,750
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by thuddome

I have a 2012 Rubicon, with the 430 and the "older" Uconnect, not the new one that connects to the internet through the phone.

I didn't even know there was a newer or older one. My wife has a 2013 Chrysler MommyMobile (town and country) with the uconnect 430 (garmin nav.)

Just so I know that we're talking about the same thing... let me know if pairing the phone is similar to what I describe: There's ZERO visual interface to this procedure and it's all done via voice commands. Even the pairing PIN number must be said verbally. It identifies each of your phones with a voice tag (which is just a recording of you identifying the phone.) Does that sound right?

In fact, here's a webpage for the system my wife has: http://www.driveuconnect.com/system/.../touch430nrhb/

That page has a video on the 'phone' tab that shows the pairing stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thuddome

When an incoming call comes in it pops up the screen (when in the phone screen) and there's what I assume is a contact picture but it just has the Jeep logo.

I don't think it's a contact photo, but always a jeep/dodge/chrysler logo.
The Following User Says Thank You to garyd9 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift garyd9 Ad-Free
29th May 2014, 07:04 PM |#18  
thuddome's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Denver
Thanks Meter: 129
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by garyd9

I didn't even know there was a newer or older one. My wife has a 2013 Chrysler MommyMobile (town and country) with the uconnect 430 (garmin nav.)

Just so I know that we're talking about the same thing... let me know if pairing the phone is similar to what I describe: There's ZERO visual interface to this procedure and it's all done via voice commands. Even the pairing PIN number must be said verbally. It identifies each of your phones with a voice tag (which is just a recording of you identifying the phone.) Does that sound right?

In fact, here's a webpage for the system my wife has: http://www.driveuconnect.com/system/.../touch430nrhb/

That page has a video on the 'phone' tab that shows the pairing stuff.

I don't think it's a contact photo, but always a jeep/dodge/chrysler logo.

Yeah that's it, on my Jeep it's a module in the center of the dash clear at the bottom under the panel with the net on it. The reason I know there's a new one is because I logged into Jeep's website one day and it had this icon the said "disconnected" and it said learn how to become connected. That took me to a page that explained that my uconnect was not connected but if I got the new uconnect it would connect to the internet through my phone. I ended up calling uconnect and they said sorry, won't work with the 430N.

So interesting thing just happened, when I wiped the phone book, pairing, everything and then re-paired it beeped on my phone for access to the contacts and call log, then a minute later beeped again for access to sms. I tried sending a text to myself and let the 430 pop up and announce, again it says "no number available". so then I created a new entry on the 430 with voice commands for myself. and repeated test, still says "no number available" so that would tell me it's how the phone is sending the number for the SMS alert. With a phonebook entry created on the 430 itself the phonebook entry would have to be in the correct format. It does provide names for callers when they call me so this seems to only be when I receive sms. Did the same thing on Galaxy S4 and I don't think my S3 would do sms to my Jeep at all. Can't remember.
29th May 2014, 07:14 PM |#19  
garyd9's Avatar
OP Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag Pittsburgh, PA
Thanks Meter: 2,750
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by thuddome

...it beeped on my phone for access to the contacts and call log, then a minute later beeped again for access to sms.

Perfectly normal. On some phones, it might actually prompt 3 times: One for the phonebook, one for call history, and a third time for message access. (On the other hand, I've seen it only prompt once in some cases.) Typically, you'll check a box that says "don't ask again" (or "remember answer" or something like that) and then tap the button allowing access.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thuddome

... it says "no number available"....

Okay, when I get home tonight, I'll try to repackage with some debugging info. I'll spam the xposed log with positive indicators when the hook is installed, and with some debug info each time the hook is called. It won't SOLVE anything, but at least it will provide some hints as to what may (or may not) be going on.

Take care
Gary
The Following User Says Thank You to garyd9 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift garyd9 Ad-Free
29th May 2014, 11:24 PM |#20  
garyd9's Avatar
OP Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag Pittsburgh, PA
Thanks Meter: 2,750
 
More
@thuddome, I've uploaded a version 1.0.debug of the module to the xposed repo. It's flagged as "Experimental" (because it can spam the xposed log.) To get it, go into the xposed installer, tap on "download", find "BTSMSMapFix" and tap it...swipe from right to left a couple times until you see the "settings" page, and change that to "experimental".

You should then be able to download the updated 1.0.debug version. After ensuring that it's selected, reboot so it takes effect, and then try again with your head unit.

Here are some key things to look for in the xposed log:

BTSmsMapFix successfully hooked setVCardFromPhoneNumber -- this means that the hook took place. If you don't see this line, it means that Samsung renamed the package from the standard "com.android.bluetooth" (which wouldn't surprise me.)

BTSmsMapFix set originator phone number to XXXXX -- You should see this after getting an incoming SMS message while your phone is connected to your head unit. "XXXXX" should be replaced with a phone number that starts "+1" (Assuming your in the US), and then 10 more digits. (If you post your log, please leave the +1 in there, but remove the rest of the phone number.)

BTSmsMapFix reverting to original code with incoming set to (true|false) -- You might see these, but hopefully not when you get a new incoming SMS.

Take care
Gary
The Following User Says Thank You to garyd9 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift garyd9 Ad-Free
30th May 2014, 04:02 AM |#21  
thuddome's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Denver
Thanks Meter: 129
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by garyd9

@thuddome, I've uploaded a version 1.0.debug of the module to the xposed repo. It's flagged as "Experimental" (because it can spam the xposed log.) To get it, go into the xposed installer, tap on "download", find "BTSMSMapFix" and tap it...swipe from right to left a couple times until you see the "settings" page, and change that to "experimental".

You should then be able to download the updated 1.0.debug version. After ensuring that it's selected, reboot so it takes effect, and then try again with your head unit.

Here are some key things to look for in the xposed log:

BTSmsMapFix successfully hooked setVCardFromPhoneNumber -- this means that the hook took place. If you don't see this line, it means that Samsung renamed the package from the standard "com.android.bluetooth" (which wouldn't surprise me.)

BTSmsMapFix set originator phone number to XXXXX -- You should see this after getting an incoming SMS message while your phone is connected to your head unit. "XXXXX" should be replaced with a phone number that starts "+1" (Assuming your in the US), and then 10 more digits. (If you post your log, please leave the +1 in there, but remove the rest of the phone number.)

BTSmsMapFix reverting to original code with incoming set to (true|false) -- You might see these, but hopefully not when you get a new incoming SMS.

Take care
Gary

No +1s on anything. I had a bunch of texts, I deleted all but a few for this. None had a +1 and still getting "no number available".

-----------------
May 29, 2014 11:11:46 PM UTC
Loading Xposed v54 (for Zygote)...
Running ROM 'KOT49H.G900VOYU1ANCG' with fingerprint 'Verizon/kltevzw/kltevzw:4.4.2/KOT49H/G900VOYU1ANCG:user/release-keys'
Loading modules from /data/app/com.mohammadag.xposedledcontrol-1.apk
Loading class com.mohammadag.xposedledcontrol.LedControlMod
Loading modules from /data/app/org.garyndenise.xposed.btsmsmapfix-3.apk
Loading class org.garyndenise.xposed.btsmsmapfix.BTSmsMapFix

Loading modules from /data/app/com.gsamlabs.xposed.mods.enablebatterystatspermiss ion-1.apk
Loading class com.gsamlabs.xposed.mods.enablebatterystatspermiss ion.HookGetStatisticsMethodCall
Loading modules from /data/app/com.botsone.higoogle-1.apk
Loading class com.botsone.higoogle.HiGoogle
Loading modules from /data/app/com.oasisfeng.greenify-2.apk
Loading class com.oasisfeng.greenify.pro.FrameworkPatch
Loading class com.oasisfeng.greenify.pro.SettingsPatch
Loading modules from /data/app/ma.wanam.youtubeadaway-2.apk
Loading class ma.wanam.youtubeadaway.Xposed
Loading modules from /data/app/ma.wanam.xposed-7.apk
Loading class ma.wanam.xposed.Xposed
Loading modules from /data/app/com.hunterx.pandorapatcher-1.apk
Loading class com.hunterx.pandorapatcher.Patches
Loading modules from /data/app/uk.co.villainrom.pulser.allowlongsms-1.apk
Loading class uk.co.villainrom.pulser.allowlongsms.AllowLongSMS
BTSmsMapFix successfully hooked setVCardFromPhoneNumber
Loaded app: com.vlingo.midas
BTSmsMapFix set originator phone number to XXXXXXXXXX
BTSmsMapFix reverting to original code with incoming set to false (I used voice dial to call myself by name out of the 430 phone book which worked)
BTSmsMapFix reverting to original code with incoming set to false
BTSmsMapFix set originator phone number to XXXXXXXXXX


I do have SQLite editor if you need me to dump something for ya.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes