FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[INDEX] Xposed Modules Collection | Post Modules' Requests Here!

6,214 posts
Thanks Meter: 8,917

By GermainZ, Inactive Recognized Developer / Retired Forum Moderator on 17th June 2013, 11:41 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
30th August 2013, 08:50 PM |#511  
Flag Stuhr
Thanks Meter: 216

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rashiel

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 4 mit Tapatalk 2

Again? Any idea?

??? Navbutton mode?

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 4 mit Tapatalk 2

30th August 2013, 08:54 PM |#512  
Thanks Meter: 76

More
@cities516

Thanks for the overview of xposed Modulen.
30th August 2013, 10:46 PM |#513  
Montreal
Thanks Meter: 3,749

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vriz27

Excuse my ignorance but is there a module which can rearrange the quick settings toggles? Appart from theming them..

Sent from my GT-I8190 using xda app-developers app

Sorry, ignore my post please...

Sent from my One S
30th August 2013, 10:51 PM |#514  
Flag St. Petersburg, FL
Thanks Meter: 127

More
I see there's a Mod for separating ringer and notification volume, but is there one for combining them? Specifically on JB 4.2 on Samsung Touchwiz ROMs? Thanks!

Sent from my AT&T Samsung Galaxy S4 Badass
The Following User Says Thank You to Obartuckc For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Obartuckc Ad-Free
31st August 2013, 03:08 AM |#515  
Thanks Meter: 57

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by egingell

Being "cooler" is subjective. Third-party launchers are typically far more versatile. Not that it matters, you're mind is made up.

At any rate, apps that back up data, such as Titanium Backup, can and will restore the TW launcher to the way you had it prior to reinstalling the ROM or formatting or whatever. In theory, anyway.

So you telling that i can do the job using TB? I mean TB can be used ONLY for backing up the icon position?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
31st August 2013, 05:38 AM |#516  
Flag Baja
Thanks Meter: 277

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockz1991

So you telling that i can do the job using TB? I mean TB can be used ONLY for backing up the icon position?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

That is correct!

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 4
31st August 2013, 06:38 AM |#517  
Recognized Contributor
Flag SLO
Thanks Meter: 5,816

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thebear j koss

Never restore system app data with tibu. Causes issues. I have 5 launchers on my phone right now. Launchers battery drain is negligible. Facebook drains more than 10 launchers.

Enough with the updates Google!

Only when you restore system data for a different ROM. Clean install of the same ROM and system data restore of the same ROM is fine.
31st August 2013, 06:45 AM |#518  
Flag NYC
Thanks Meter: 19,911

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pkt_Lnt

Only when you restore system data for a different ROM. Clean install of the same ROM and system data restore of the same ROM is fine.

I wouldn't restore any data. System or user with tibu. It is known to cause lag and other issues. Especially on touch wiz roms as there is too many dependencies to account for. I don't know about aosp roms but I've seen tibu cause too many problems. I never use it to restore anything.

31st August 2013, 07:04 AM |#519  
Montreal
Thanks Meter: 3,749

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

I wouldn't restore any data. System or user with tibu. It is known to cause lag and other issues. Especially on touch wiz roms as there is too many dependencies to account for. I don't know about aosp roms but I've seen tibu cause too many problems. I never use it to restore anything.

I for one agree with Pkt_Lnt. And titanium backup has never given me any major issues with data restores with user apps. Notifications may not work but a simple log off and log on would fix it

Sent from my One S
The Following User Says Thank You to asdfasdfvful For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift asdfasdfvful Ad-Free
31st August 2013, 08:02 AM |#520  
Thanks Meter: 2,073

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

I apologize for continuing this derailment, but why would someone make a complicated app that backs up and restores apps and their data only to have it be not recommended to use said app to do what it was designed to do -- restore said apps and their data?

And what are these "other issues" of which you speak? I've had issues related to the Android ID -- can't reinstall a system app (even from the same ROM) if its Android ID* doesn't match. In that case, you'd have to pull the APK out of the backup and do it yourself, which is hit-and-miss. (*Reflashing the same ROM still gives you a new Android ID.) But that really doesn't have anything to do with TiB itself.

---------- Post added at 01:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:00 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdfasdfvful

... Notifications may not work but a simple log off and log on would fix it

Sent from my One S

Oh, and this issue, as well. Changing the notifications off then back on in the settings of the app helps as well.
The Following User Says Thank You to egingell For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift egingell Ad-Free
31st August 2013, 08:08 AM |#521  
Flag NYC
Thanks Meter: 19,911

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by egingell

I apologize for continuing this derailment, but why would someone make a complicated app that backs up and restores apps and their data only to have it be not recommended to use said app to do what it was designed to do -- restore said apps and their data?

And what are these "other issues" of which you speak? I've had issues related to the Android ID -- can't reinstall a system app (even from the same ROM) if its Android ID* doesn't match. In that case, you'd have to pull the APK out of the backup and do it yourself, which is hit-and-miss. * Reflashing the same ROM still gives you a new Android ID. But that really doesn't have anything to do with TiB itself.

---------- Post added at 01:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:00 AM ----------

Oh, and this issue, as well. Changing the notifications off then back on in the settings of the app helps as well.

Apps f/cing. Random reboots. There are many issues when restoring things. Too many variables to consider. If it works for you great but it's the main reason why devs always suggest a clean install and most include a disclaimer not to use tibu to restore system apps and data. In my opinion it was most likely designed for those using nightelies and can restore things with little issue. It's not designed for crack flashers to make jumping from rom to rom easier.

The Following User Says Thank You to Thebear j koss For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Thebear j koss Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
xposed, xposed framework, xposed module

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)