FORUMS

[APP][XPOSED] Instaprefs - The ultimate Instagram utility

1,388 posts
Thanks Meter: 3,930

Post Reply Email Thread
Announcement from MaaarZ: Now support Android 10, the latest Instagram version and ARMv8 variants with Dark Mode.
19th May 2020, 05:53 PM |#471  
Forum Moderator
Flag Ambala, HR
Thanks Meter: 6,794

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bictu

Is there a way to use this module with Tai Chi? Getting a new phone and won't be rooting but really love Instaprefs.

Yes, it works with TaiChi. Here's the guide that has been made by Aperture over in InstaPrefs's Discord group (all credit to him):

1. Download and install InstaPrefs normally from here.

2. Download and install TaiChi normally from here.

3a. Download and install the supported version of Instagram using TaiChi by selecting TaiChi when you open the APK to install it. InstaPrefs 1.2.2 supports Instagram 139.0.0.33.121 arm v7 and v8 any DPI (or any version you have the hooks file for).

3b. If you're using the TaiChi magisk module, it will not need to modify the APK but without it you will need to let TaiChi do its thing and install Instagram.

4. Enable the InstaPrefs module inside TaiChi by opening TaiChi, opening the options and selecting manage modules. Check the box next to the InstaPrefs module.

5. Open InstaPrefs, open the side menu and select manage versions. Again, make sure you have the hooks for the version of Instagram you are using downloaded; 1.2.2 comes bundled with hooks for version 139.0.0.33.121.

6. Grant storage permissions to TaiChi, InstaPrefs and Instagram. Make sure they all have the permission.

7. Restart your phone or force-close and re-open Instagram. It should be working now. If it isn't, carefully re-check all the steps above and restart your phone.

8. Additionally, make sure that you have Google Play Protect disabled. If you get an error in TaiChi saying InstaPrefs version not supported, then update compatibility in TaiChi menu.
The Following User Says Thank You to shadowstep For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift shadowstep Ad-Free
19th May 2020, 06:11 PM |#472  
Thanks Meter: 4,082

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowstep

Yes, it works with TaiChi. Here's the guide that has been made by Aperture over in InstaPrefs's Discord group (all credit to him):

2. Download and install TaiChi normally from here (official site is this).

3a. Download and install the supported version of Instagram using TaiChi by selecting TaiChi when you open the APK to install it. InstaPrefs 1.2.2 supports Instagram 139.0.0.33.121 arm v7 and v8 any DPI (or any version you have the hooks file for).

3b. If you're using the TaiChi magisk module, it will not need to modify the APK but without it you will need to let TaiChi do its thing and install Instagram.

4. Enable the InstaPrefs module inside TaiChi by opening TaiChi, opening the options and selecting manage modules. Check the box next to the InstaPrefs module.

5. Open InstaPrefs, open the side menu and select manage versions. Again, make sure you have the hooks for the version of Instagram you are using downloaded; 1.2.2 comes bundled with hooks for version 139.0.0.33.121.

6. Grant storage permissions to TaiChi, InstaPrefs and Instagram. Make sure they all have the permission.

7. Restart your phone or force-close and re-open Instagram. It should be working now. If it isn't, carefully re-check all the steps above and restart your phone.

8. Additionally, make sure that you have Google Play Protect disabled. If you get an error in TaiChi saying InstaPrefs version not supported, then update compatibility in TaiChi menu.

You are the man, my friend. Thanks!
The Following User Says Thank You to sjamie For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift sjamie Ad-Free
20th May 2020, 02:02 PM |#473  
Thanks Meter: 22

More
Quote:

2. Download and install TaiChi normally from here (official site is this).

The github repo is no longer maintained by the developer. And the second link is outdated. Please use official website taichi.cool
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ThomaSEK For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ThomaSEK Ad-Free
20th May 2020, 04:06 PM |#474  
Forum Moderator
Flag Ambala, HR

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomaSEK

The github repo is no longer maintained by the developer. And the second link is outdated. Please use official website taichi.cool

Thank you! I've updated my original post with correct links.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to shadowstep For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift shadowstep Ad-Free
21st May 2020, 01:34 AM |#475  
Thanks Meter: 73

More
I have found a bug. If I get two or more "photos or videos bombs" in private I can save only the first one but not the second one
26th May 2020, 01:13 PM |#476  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Hight offset of story/DM buttons
Hi, could you add the option to have the offset also to get lower, not only higher - 1, - 2, - 3, etc? Because the buttons could be under the instagram text options on story.
And also there's a bug, after zooming on a video, which is great because it is possible to slide the video, after getting back, instagram crashes or sometimes there are multiple timelines.
26th May 2020, 07:11 PM |#477  
Flag Hull
Thanks Meter: 16

More
Quote:

2. Download and install TaiChi normally from here.

Hey dude, is there specific steps to update Instagram / InstaPrefs?
27th May 2020, 07:18 AM |#478  
Forum Moderator
Flag Ambala, HR

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bictu

Hey dude, is there specific steps to update Instagram / InstaPrefs?

I use EdXposed, so whenever there's an update, I usually update InstaPrefs first, then install Instagram and reboot. After that, I open InstaPrefs to check everything looks okay and then I open Instagram. Can't tell you about TaiChi as I've never used it myself.
The Following User Says Thank You to shadowstep For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift shadowstep Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)