1. Download and install InstaPrefs normally from here.
2. Download and install TaiChi normally from here.
3a. Download and install the supported version of Instagram using TaiChi by selecting TaiChi when you open the APK to install it. InstaPrefs 1.2.2 supports Instagram 22.214.171.124.121 arm v7 and v8 any DPI (or any version you have the hooks file for).
3b. If you're using the TaiChi magisk module, it will not need to modify the APK but without it you will need to let TaiChi do its thing and install Instagram.
4. Enable the InstaPrefs module inside TaiChi by opening TaiChi, opening the options and selecting manage modules. Check the box next to the InstaPrefs module.
5. Open InstaPrefs, open the side menu and select manage versions. Again, make sure you have the hooks for the version of Instagram you are using downloaded; 1.2.2 comes bundled with hooks for version 126.96.36.199.121.
6. Grant storage permissions to TaiChi, InstaPrefs and Instagram. Make sure they all have the permission.
7. Restart your phone or force-close and re-open Instagram. It should be working now. If it isn't, carefully re-check all the steps above and restart your phone.
8. Additionally, make sure that you have Google Play Protect disabled. If you get an error in TaiChi saying InstaPrefs version not supported, then update compatibility in TaiChi menu.