FORUMS

[JB][P] AppOpsXposed Re 1.30.6 - Now with EdXposed support!

497 posts
Thanks Meter: 655

By Xspeed, Senior Member on 10th August 2018, 02:11 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
2nd October 2018, 10:13 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 55

More
Hi! What's the difference of this and the appopsxposed without the "re"?~
2nd October 2018, 03:40 PM |#12  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nijihana

Hi! What's the difference of this and the appopsxposed without the "re"?~

Original module was supposedly abandoned. This version was updated to support newer Androids, including Nougat and Oreo.
"Re" is short for "revised".
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Xspeed For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Xspeed Ad-Free
2nd October 2018, 11:53 PM |#13  
Thanks Meter: 55

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xspeed

Original module was supposedly abandoned. This version was updated to support newer Androids, including Nougat and Oreo.
"Re" is short for "revised".

Thank you!
22nd October 2018, 09:31 PM |#14  
Thanks Meter: 23

More
Any chance blocking apps permission to change system settings?
A language file for translation would be nice

edit:
Now i see modul can block "write system" e.g. it can denin on playstore / service but some apps still
change system ( froce app to run in backround) after install an update.
So if an app has no permission to write system how it can change settings even if i denin playstore & service permisson to change system? ^^^^
23rd October 2018, 11:48 AM |#15  
Flag Novosibirsk
Thanks Meter: 50

More
This app is broking the item "Fingerprint scanner" in the settings of phone. I get FC when I try to open it. My phone is HTC U11, Adrroid 8.0, ROM LeeDroid.
30th January 2019, 10:33 PM |#16  
Flag Portland, OR
Thanks Meter: 236

More
@Xspeed: 'Add OP_BOOT_COMPLETED' in the hacks menu still doesn't work after checking the box and rebooting, there is no option anywhere to control whether an app can start on boot. I'm running a pure AOSP ROM so there is no Privacy Guard, etc. Is there a workaround/fix for this?

Thanks!
The Following User Says Thank You to AnonVendetta For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift AnonVendetta Ad-Free
21st February 2019, 08:24 AM |#17  
Flag Montana
Thanks Meter: 124

More
@Xspeed Just curious, what are the chances of this getting updated for Pie?
The Following User Says Thank You to bkkzak For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift bkkzak Ad-Free
26th February 2019, 10:44 PM |#18  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by toBsucht Psp

Now i see modul can block "write system" e.g. it can denin on playstore / service but some apps still
change system ( froce app to run in backround) after install an update.
So if an app has no permission to write system how it can change settings even if i denin playstore & service permisson to change system? ^^^^

What settings is the app changing after you disabled the permission?

Quote:
Originally Posted by smallKING81

This app is broking the item "Fingerprint scanner" in the settings of phone. I get FC when I try to open it. My phone is HTC U11, Adrroid 8.0, ROM LeeDroid.

I am going to need LogCat during the FC from you to be able to see what's exactly wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonVendetta

@Xspeed: 'Add OP_BOOT_COMPLETED' in the hacks menu still doesn't work after checking the box and rebooting, there is no option anywhere to control whether an app can start on boot. I'm running a pure AOSP ROM so there is no Privacy Guard, etc. Is there a workaround/fix for this?

This boot run blocking is actually a hack that works only on some devices, to be honest it doesn't work on mine either

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkkzak

@Xspeed Just curious, what are the chances of this getting updated for Pie?

If you mean EdXposed, you're unfortunately out of luck. This module HEAVILY relies on so called "resource hooks" that EdXposed doesn't support at the moment. Sorry
The Following User Says Thank You to Xspeed For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Xspeed Ad-Free
7th March 2019, 09:51 PM |#19  
Thanks Meter: 165

More
What is the difference between this app and AppOpsX from F-Droid? does it work on Android Pie?
9th March 2019, 02:29 AM |#20  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MDV106

What is the difference between this app and AppOpsX from F-Droid? does it work on Android Pie?

To be honest I've never heard of AppOpsX. The two applications work completely different under the hood.
There is stuff non-Xposed apps can't do, like adding a shortcut to AppOps on the app details activity.

Regarding your second question, YES!
The fresh new 1.30.6 version supports Android 9.0 Pie and EdXposed.

I managed to make it work by separating resource hooking related stuff to a second module and made it optional for other functionality.
Simple? Absolutely. Clever? Maybe. AppOps? Xposed. Sorry :/
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Xspeed For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Xspeed Ad-Free
9th March 2019, 02:53 AM |#21  
Thanks Meter: 136

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xspeed

Regarding your second question, YES!
The fresh new 1.30.6 version supports Android 9.0 Pie and EdXposed.

I managed to make it work by separating resource hooking related stuff to a second module and made it optional for other functionality.
Simple? Absolutely. Clever? Maybe. AppOps? Xposed.Sorry :/

This is great. Thank you
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)