FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Xposed][MOD][4.0+][30-09-2019] KMod FWA v2.7.7 - WhatsApp privacy & customization

1,003 posts
Thanks Meter: 2,519

By Krowne, Senior Member on 12th October 2015, 05:46 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Announcement from Krowne: Compatible with Android 4.0.4 and higher supports.
10th October 2019, 10:02 AM |#2671  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
I am trying it on my device and it says i need to download a different version for devices that dont have themes?
I cant find the link to that version though, anyone knows where to find it? Maybe i'm missing it but as far as i can see there is only one versuon?
10th October 2019, 11:16 AM |#2672  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by schorrie

I am trying it on my device and it says i need to download a different version for devices that dont have themes?
I cant find the link to that version though, anyone knows where to find it? Maybe i'm missing it but as far as i can see there is only one versuon?

No the message doesn't say that, it says, it only works with devices with integrated theming. If you are with Android 5.0 or higher, you should not have problems. And yes, there is only one version.

Anyway, if it doesn't work for you, you should say the version of:
- Android
- WhatsApp
- KMod FWA
- If you use Magisk or Xposed
- If you use Magisk, what modules do you use to run edXposed?
The Following User Says Thank You to Krowne For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Krowne Ad-Free
11th October 2019, 12:25 AM |#2674  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Not working
Hi guys, I'm using Samsung g950f on official pie with ed exposed,all permissions granted to kmod, it says theme applied but I don't see any changes in my WhatsApp.....any help is appreciated
11th October 2019, 03:16 AM |#2675  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krowne

No the message doesn't say that, it says, it only works with devices with integrated theming. If you are with Android 5.0 or higher, you should not have problems. And yes, there is only one version.

Anyway, if it doesn't work for you, you should say the version of:
- Android
- WhatsApp
- KMod FWA
- If you use Magisk or Xposed
- If you use Magisk, what modules do you use to run edXposed?

firrst of all, thanks a lot for your answer!

so i totally misunderstood that message, i feel stupid

Because as you said it shoukd work i have been digging a bit deeper, i had the latest stable whatsapp installed and downgraded two times to test without a positive result.

- OxygenOS 9.5.11
- WhatsApp 2.19.258 ( because its the one i see in the info)
- Kmod FWA 2.7.7
- Magisk 19.4
- Magisk Manager 7.3.4
- Riru - Core 19.5
- Riru EdXposed 0.4.5.1 4463 YAHFA
- EdXposed Installer 2.2.4

I have no clue what this means but this i see in the logcat:
Quote:

EdXposed-Bridge
java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: X.041#A1J(android.graphics.drawable.Drawable,int)# exact
at de.robv.android.xposed.XposedHelpers.findMethodExa ct(XposedHelpers.java:344)
at de.robv.android.xposed.XposedHelpers.findAndHookMe thod(XposedHelpers.java:185)
at kmod.xposed.xfiles.q.a(Unknown Source:37)
at kmod.xposed.xfiles.h.a(Unknown Source:166)
at kmod.xposed.xfiles.x.handleLoadPackage(Unknown Source:38)
at de.robv.android.xposed.IXposedHookLoadPackage$Wrap per.handleLoadPackage(IXposedHookLoadPackage.java: 37)
at de.robv.android.xposed.callbacks.XC_LoadPackage.ca ll(XC_LoadPackage.java:61)
at de.robv.android.xposed.callbacks.XCallback.callAll (XCallback.java:117)
at com.elderdrivers.riru.edxp._hooker.impl.HandleBind App.beforeHookedMethod(HandleBindApp.java:70)
at de.robv.android.xposed.XC_MethodHook.callBeforeHoo kedMethod(XC_MethodHook.java:51)
at com.elderdrivers.riru.edxp._hooker.yahfa.HandleBin dAppHooker.hook(HandleBindAppHooker.java:19)
at android.app.ActivityThread.access$1300(ActivityThr ead.java:208)
at android.app.ActivityThread$H.handleMessage(Activit yThread.java:1795)
at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:10 6)
at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:193)
at android.app.ActivityThread.main(ActivityThread.jav a:7029)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Native Method)
at com.android.internal.os.RuntimeInit$MethodAndArgsC aller.run(RuntimeInit.java:537)
at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(ZygoteInit .java:858)

Edit:

As i got confused by the WhatsApp version i again upgraded to the latest 2.19.289, i guess the info has a typo? It says from 2.19.361 and up but that version it seems doesnt exist yet.

Edit: the 2.19.361 typo only exists in the info at the xda Labs app.

Anyway, i was able to reproduce the error above by saving the settings. I then also found the following errors:

Quote:

EdXposed-Bridge
java.lang.StringIndexOutOfBoundsException: length=9; index=-3
at java.lang.String.substring(String.java:1995)
at kmod.xposed.xfiles.r0.b(Unknown Source:5)
at kmod.xposed.xfiles.r0.a(Unknown Source:0)
at kmod.xposed.xfiles.r0$d.beforeHookedMethod(Unknown Source:278)
at de.robv.android.xposed.XC_MethodHook.callBeforeHoo kedMethod(XC_MethodHook.java:51)
at EdHooker_.hook(Unknown Source:93)
at X.1Um.run(:142816)

Quote:

kmod.xposed
Not starting debugger since process cannot load the jdwp agent.

Quote:

kmod.xposed
No package ID 7f found for ID 0x7f0e0027.

As i have totally no clue what i did wrong or what else is happening i hope someone can help me by explaining what these messages mean.. I hope i can solve this, i would be happy to change the theme so its better visible to me.

Ps.. Sorry for any typos, i have a very bad eye sight and am doing my best fixing every error but it is really hard
The Following User Says Thank You to schorrie For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift schorrie Ad-Free
11th October 2019, 12:55 PM |#2676  
Flag laxmangarh
Thanks Meter: 53

More
Edexposed manager not recognising the kmod in modules list after installing the kmod what should i do?

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 Pro using XDA Labs
11th October 2019, 02:10 PM |#2677  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Lightbulb Instructions for installing Magisk, edXposed and KMod FWA on Android 8.0+
Since everyone has similar problems, I will try to explain what I did two days ago, which I updated to Oreo, with Magisk, and everything works correctly in the first installation.
  • Download and install the latest version of Magisk Manager, to access Root when Magisk is installed and active.
  • Download from the same page the latest version of Magisk. This will be a zip that should be saved on the SD card.
  • Download the Magisk uninstaller, to run it from Recovery in case of Bootloop (click on Assets in each version, to find the most updated version of uninstaller).
  • Restart the device in TWRP Recovery mode, and install Magisk. Once installed restart the system.
  • Once the device is rebooted, enter Magisk Manager, and verify that Magisk is update.
  • Access the Downloads section of Magisk Manager, and download and install the Riru - Core and Riru edXposed (YAHFA) modules.
  • Download and install latest version of edXposed Installer.
  • Download and install latest version of KMod FWA.
  • Enter edXposed installer, go to the Modules section and activate KMod FWA.
  • Restart the device. And whenever you restart it after installing or updating a module, you should do a normal restart, not by software.
  • After restarting the device, enter KMod FWA. Accept root permissions, SD write and access to contacts (If it don't request the permissions, activate them manually). Go to the Settings section, and enable Permissive SELinux Mode.
  • Then go to the Updates section and put click Update libraries (you can check here the list of compatible libraries).
  • After any KMod FWA update. You must enter edXposed Installer, Modules section, deactivate KMod FWA from the module list, and reactivate KMod FWA from the module list, then you must restart the device.
  • If you have the SELinux permissive mode active, after restarting the device, you must wait for a Toast to be displayed with the SELinux permissive active message. Then the changes will be applied correctly.
  • If the message doesn't appear, enter KMod FWA so that the permissive SELinux mode is activated again.

Currently, the SELinux permissive mode can only be activated in Android 9.0+, but since KMod FWA v2.7.8 it will be possible in 8.0+.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Krowne For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Krowne Ad-Free
11th October 2019, 04:08 PM |#2678  
Flag singapore
Thanks Meter: 263

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krowne

Since everyone has similar problems, I will try to explain what I did two days ago, which I updated to Oreo, with Magisk, and everything works correctly in the first installation.

Download and install the latest version of Magisk Manager, to access Root when Magisk is installed and active.
Download from the same page the latest version of Magisk. This will be a zip that should be saved on the SD card.
Download the Magisk uninstaller, to run it from Recovery in case of Bootloop. You have to scroll to downloads, and click on Latest Uninstaller.
Restart the device in TWRP Recovery mode, and install Magisk. Once installed restart the system.
Once the device is rebooted, enter Magisk Manager, and verify that Magisk is update.
Access the Downloads section of Magisk Manager, and download and install the Riru - Core and Riru edXposed (YAHFA) modules.
Download and install latest version of edXposed Installer.
Download and install latest version of KMod FWA.
Enter edXposed installer, go to the Modules section and activate KMod FWA.
Restart the device. And whenever you restart it after installing or updating a module, you should do a normal restart, not by software.
After restarting the device, enter KMod FWA. Accept root permissions, SD write and access to contacts (If it don't request the permissions, activate them manually). Go to the Settings section, and enable Permissive SELinux Mode.
Then go to the Updates section and put click Update libraries (you can check here the list of compatible libraries).
After any KMod FWA update. You must enter edXposed Installer, Modules section, deactivate KMod FWA from the module list, and reactivate KMod FWA from the module list, then you must restart the device.
If you have the SELinux permissive mode active, after restarting the device, you must wait for a Toast to be displayed with the SELinux permissive active message. Then the changes will be applied correctly.
If the message doesn't appear, enter KMod FWA so that the permissive SELinux mode is activated again.

Currently, the SELinux permissive mode can only be activated in Android 9.0+, but since KMod FWA v2.7.8 it will be possible in 8.0+.

Just feeding back.. No issues to raise.

I would probably be off target here.

Still on Note 3, Pixel Experience ROM, Android 8.1, Magisk 19.3, Xposed 90,3, KMd v2.7.7.2, WA v2.19.279.

Haven't tried KM 2.7.8 yet.. But 2.7.7.2 solved most issues I experienced with 2.7.7, like WhatsApp being slow to load and the earlier issues regarding the text balloons, Central text color - All ok for me now.

The only thing is the new message icon background does not follow my preferred setting - it remains green.

Haven't had time to fully check out the privacy customization yet as this device is not my primary device.

Currently no plans to root daily phone which is ok Android 9 stock ROM. Also no intention to try out EdXposed yet.

Apologies for not being able to help test on Android 9.
11th October 2019, 04:11 PM |#2679  

More
On a fresh Android I'm now getting no libraries found when trying to update the libraries 😒
11th October 2019, 04:21 PM |#2680  
Thanks Meter: 32

More
Where can i found 2.7.8 or 2.7.7.2?
11th October 2019, 05:03 PM |#2681  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by schorrie

On a fresh Android I'm now getting no libraries found when trying to update the libraries 😒

Sorry, I haven't had time to update the latest libraries yet, in a little while I will.

Quote:
Originally Posted by janitor9

Where can i found 2.7.8 or 2.7.7.2?

Version 2.7.8 will be the next public version. Version 2.7.7.2 is the Beta version, only available for beta testers.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Krowne For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Krowne Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
customization, customize, features, personalization, privacy, whatsapp

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)