FORUMS

[Xposed][MOD][4.0+][17-03-2020] KMod FWA v2.7.9 - WhatsApp privacy & customization

1,071 posts
Thanks Meter: 2,701

By Krowne, Senior Member on 12th October 2015, 05:46 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Announcement from Krowne: Compatible with Android 4.0.4 and higher supports.
24th March 2020, 08:46 PM |#2911  
Thanks Meter: 16

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krowne

Open edXposed Manager, install the latest version of KMod FWA with edXposed Manager open, when installed, deactivate KMod FWA from the module list, activate it again and reboot the normal device (not software). Get into updates and update libraries.

If you have Android 8 or above, please enable permissive SELinux from KMod FWA setting.

If none of this works, check the FAQs in case I have missed something, because I can't think of anything else, maybe just that you update to the latest version of WhatsApp. Although if the themes are working for you, I don't understand what the problem is, what doesn't work exactly?

Permissive SElinux was disabled, that was the problem!
Thank you, I forgot this option, I think it was disabled by the update.
Maybe you can add it to FAQs.

I also can confirm the bug of the connection status toast mentioned by death_jax

Lastly, I suggest you to add a search engine for costumization options, if you think it's a good idea and if you want!
24th March 2020, 11:15 PM |#2912  
Thanks Meter: 73

More
@Krowne yes the top bar is larger only without any message, but have same size with one on more messages.
This not happend without your mode, in that way is always larger with messages or not.

Another one, any way to edit color of splash screen (the whatsapp logo with from Facebook bottom)?
25th March 2020, 08:37 AM |#2913  
Thanks Meter: 20

More
Quote:

I hadn't noticed, this is a bug, I'll try to solve it. Thanks for the report.

I also noticed this two other things:
- often, when I send a message or open WhatsApp, a toast warn me:
impossible to update privacy settings, try again later

- if I open a chat from a notification, many visual tweaks went away, so I already saw camera, call, video call, original chat bubbles, tabs, etc. (I don't know if other things too).
I had to close WhatsApp, open KMod and click on the apply icon 🔄, and then the tweaks are applied again.
27th March 2020, 01:33 PM |#2914  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 2,701

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by grotesque02

@Krowne yes the top bar is larger only without any message, but have same size with one on more messages.
This not happend without your mode, in that way is always larger with messages or not.

I don't know what to tell you, for me the top bar always seems big and the message part is a little bit narrower. I don't think it matters much either, right?
Quote:
Originally Posted by grotesque02

Another one, any way to edit color of splash screen (the whatsapp logo with from Facebook bottom)?

Sorry, but at the moment it's not possible, and if it were possible, it would only apply to Light mode, as soon as night came, the settings would apply to dark mode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by death_jax

I also noticed this two other things:
- often, when I send a message or open WhatsApp, a toast warn me:
impossible to update privacy settings, try again later

Could you tell me the language you are using and write the message exactly as it appears? (in the language that appears). I will try to add it to the exceptions list since that message should not be shown, especially on the conversation screen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by death_jax

- if I open a chat from a notification, many visual tweaks (I don't know if others too) went away, so I already saw camera, call, video call, original chat bubbles, etc.
I had to close WhatsApp, open KMod and click on the apply icon 🔄, and then the tweaks are applied again.

That is very strange, since the configuration should load correctly. It works correctly for me.

But if it is true, that sometimes when entering that way, the avatars do not apply to me correctly. I suppose the error will be related, but I don't know why it happens, nor how to fix it, sorry.
The Following User Says Thank You to Krowne For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Krowne Ad-Free
27th March 2020, 07:23 PM |#2915  

More
Quote:

Could you tell me the language you are using and write the message exactly as it appears? (in the language that appears). I will try to add it to the exceptions list since that message should not be shown, especially on the conversation screen.

I attached a screen of the toast in my language, but I don't know if the related privacy settings are really applied or not 🤔

Quote:

That is very strange, since the configuration should load correctly. It works correctly for me.
But if it is true, that sometimes when entering that way, the avatars do not apply to me correctly. I suppose the error will be related, but I don't know why it happens, nor how to fix it, sorry.

Really strange, the above occurs often
27th March 2020, 07:26 PM |#2916  

More
I'm on mobile and in the XDA Labs Forum app. I forgot to attach the image and now I cannot add it using the edit mode on last message
Image attached here.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20200327-191135~02.png
Views:	152
Size:	33.5 KB
ID:	4980123  
The Following User Says Thank You to death_jax For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift death_jax Ad-Free
28th March 2020, 03:07 PM |#2917  
Thanks Meter: 34

More
Hello.
I can't change the background color of the typing area.
I think I've changed all the background in Conversations/Screen format and refreshed but it's still white.
Where do I find it?
Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20200328-132831.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	147.9 KB
ID:	4980689  
28th March 2020, 06:01 PM |#2918  
Thanks Meter: 16

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by solquest3

Hello.
I can't change the background color of the typing area.
I think I've changed all the background in Conversations/Screen format and refreshed but it's still white.
Where do I find it?
Thanks!

You can find it in the same section of bubbles customization
The Following User Says Thank You to jackstef For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jackstef Ad-Free
28th March 2020, 06:08 PM |#2919  
Thanks Meter: 34

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackstef

You can find it in the same section of bubbles customization

ahhhhhh found..thanks!
28th March 2020, 06:30 PM |#2920  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Privacy settings not working!
Hi, is the privacy settings working as expected? It doesn't seem to be working for me. The *hide read confirmation * is not working. I'm on 2.7.9 version and WhatsApp version 2.20.95. Can you please let me know what I'm doing wrong? Tia.
29th March 2020, 08:05 AM |#2921  
Flag Yori's Heart
Thanks Meter: 670

Donate to Me
More
Does it can disable retract message like on WATweaker?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
customization, customize, features, personalization, privacy, whatsapp

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)